US National question- TAD & TAFC? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
TAD and TAFC have always had 4 qualifying sessions at Indy. The schedule on the NHRA website shows one session Friday, and two Saturday.

Could anyone in the know confirm if this is a misprint? I hope the alcohol cars get two shots on Friday.

Thanks.

It doesn't appear to be a misprint and with the addition of TD and TS, that may have been an easy spot to trim the schedule to fit those classes in on Friday.

With the way car counts and the cost of racing are these days, does TAD & TAFC need 4 qualifying sessions? Seems like they always lose one to weather that weekend anyways.

One of the consistent complaints I hear from alky racers about Indy is, how long the race is, one less qualifying run would shorten it up a little bit more.

The final TAD & TAFC qualifying session at Indy is always one of my favorite qualifying sessions to watch.

The final TAD & TAFC qualifying session at Indy is always one of my favorite qualifying sessions to watch.

Yrs ago the NITRO classes where always fun to watch. The guys not yet in would go the extra 10 tuneup. 10% more NITRO, 10 degrees more timing and 10% more blower.
Then watch all he'll blow up . lol

The class has now become junior fuel should no longer be called TAD if within the next 2 years there any blown cars left it wont be any more than a smallllll handful, still racing at regionals for 700$ first round money does not bring fresh new racers in -- like they saying goes the handwriting is on the wall turn out the lights when you leave

What would happen to the alky classes if they went away? I could see some T/AD teams go to T/D and maybe T/F but where would the TA/FC cars go? Nostalgia F/C? Maybe circuit racing? I would HATE to see alky go away cuz those are classes I really like to watch. I know the car count for both classes has been dropping (recent Mission race as example). They are almost in a gray area. Too expensive to run as a sportsman class but not Pro either. Arghhh

What would happen to the alky classes if they went away? I could see some T/AD teams go to T/D and maybe T/F but where would the TA/FC cars go? Nostalgia F/C? Maybe circuit racing? I would HATE to see alky go away cuz those are classes I really like to watch. I know the car count for both classes has been dropping (recent Mission race as example). They are almost in a gray area. Too expensive to run as a sportsman class but not Pro either. Arghhh
Ridiculously expensive! But the sanctioning body allows the expenditures. The D1 race this weekend only had 4 TAFCs! That race traditionally had 10-15...but they’ve all parked or retired and there’s no one to fill those slots because of the expense

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back