Why not 3 rounds of qualifying after Friday washout? (1 Viewer)

I agree with Richard. Seems reasonable to me at least to accomodate the racers as best as possible when the weather is uncooperative.

How about it you panel of experts? Give Richard and I the inside details if you know?

You both asked the question like the PROs are more important than the rest of the racers at the track. They are not. If everyone gets One Hit, that's good enough. A third hit would prove nothing, didn't someone once say, 'Go Big, or Go Home?'

Not that they're ever going to do it, but the field Could be set just on points. And yeah, I'm disappointed that 507, 1777, 750, and 10 DNQ'd. gonna be a long year.

I agree with Richard. Seems reasonable to me at least to accomodate the racers as best as possible when the weather is uncooperative.

How about it you panel of experts? Give Richard and I the inside details if you know?

NHRA does do a reasonable amount to the acocomadate all 500-700 RACERS that are there, not just the 48-64 'pro' racers.

The pro racers are generally quite amicable to only having two runs rather than squeeze 3 and bump the Lucas Oil racers because most of them spent time in the LO, Winston, FM ranks themselves or put their kids through it.

You both asked the question like the PROs are more important than the rest of the racers at the track. They are not. If everyone gets One Hit, that's good enough. A third hit would prove nothing, didn't someone once say, 'Go Big, or Go Home?'

Not that they're ever going to do it, but the field Could be set just on points. And yeah, I'm disappointed that 507, 1777, 750, and 10 DNQ'd. gonna be a long year.

Yep...."Go Hard...or Go Home".... :)

NHRA normally gives the Super categories two time trials before eliminations, random pairs them for round one, so their's nothing to report before eliminations. Stock & Super Stock qualify and run off a ladder, were scheduled to get two rounds plus class eliminations. I believe the rain came in the middle of the second round of Stock, so Super Street got two, Super Gas and Super Comp just one. Stock got 2.5, Super Stock 2 (including class elims).

IHRA actually does the same, but calls the time trials for their Rod categories (same as NHRA Super categories) qualifying and reports them. Since IHRA random pairs the first two rounds of the Rod categories, all "qualifying" does for those categories is determine first-round lane choice (not pairings). I'm still baffled about just what they are "qualifying" for, but we go ahead and report it anyway.

....and we're glad you DO post the "qualifying" for the IHRA Rod classes. That way...when one of us who is not able to race the event can see everyone who is there. We love it....and we THANK YOU!!!!!!! XXOO

Plus with IHRA since we now qualify with the best package in Rod Classes, it's really nice to see it all from the start....too.

DRC is what gets me through this time of year....and the races I don't get to attend for one reason or another. :D

You both asked the question like the PROs are more important than the rest of the racers at the track.

Hey Karl,

I don't believe that I mentioned anywhere in my inquiry that the pro's were more important than any other racer there.

I was merely interested in the finer details of how those decisions are made regarding qualifying issues when the weather plays a factor.

I believe I was soliciting input from the panel of experts that contribute to this forum who have been there and done that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back