Turbocharged... Pfttt, Paul Page is a putz... (1 Viewer)

i think if you watch dave rieff on the sportsman telecasts in the lead announcer position, he does a good job, and he's come up the ranks.

Will,

Dave does a good job most of the time, but at the start of the comp final from the Gators, he mentioned that Dave Ring guy-that should have gotten him fired.

Wow...talk about major PMS'ssssing!;) I echo the sentiments that I'm glad I can watch/listen to NHRA. So the guy goofs...I don't care. All the series have the same complaints. I watch Indy and wish I could hear PP.

To each their own...can't we all just get along :rolleyes::p kumbaya..

Ya know, I've liked him since we both were kid...

Sure, sometimes he gets a little tongue-tied, has been known to miss speak on occasion... but over all, I think Mike Dunn is doing a very good job in the booth.:D

As far as PP, or Marty, or whomever they stick in the booth with him.... That's why there is a mute button on the remote... :)

d'kid

I still hold to the belief that ESPN should go out to the 1000' mark, and pick anyone from the stands and give them the mike for the event. And do the broadcast from there.

well my .02 is Mr. Page makes the broadcast less watchable, not more watchable...pretty much the opposite of what the commentators are supposed to do...

and while I still watch, I find myself much more likely to DVR the broadcast and FF through much of it so I don't have to endure as much of Mr. Page's ramblings and babblings

if the quality of the ESPN/NHRA broadcast don't bother you that's fine, but if it does shouldn't we say something? or should we just sit quietly and take what's given us?

Hey Bobby, do you have a problem you would like to discuss? I think you might need a lesson on not taking personal shots at people on this board. I see you took a shot at Greg Moon earlier and now me. You can convey your message in many ways without making it personal. For someone who has preached to me how I should not be abrasive and be respectful to my elders such as you (thank you daddy), you are not too respectful making things personal where it is not warranted. It is much like how you trash DSR on occasion, not real respectful coming from someone who preaches perfection.
Have you ever noticed the PM section of the site?
Why don't you just can me from the site? You pass up 100 posts to find one you disagree with or find "abrasive" only to immediately point it out-publicly, I might add! Hence the reference to you. It fit so I used it.
Use your moderator privileges to view into what others have said in PM to me. It might be an eye opener to a guy like yourself. Now, have a lovely evening, won't you?

Use your moderator privileges to view into what others have said in PM to me.

The ability to read people's PM's is a hack that I seriously doubt would have been added to this board. And even if it were, I don't think anyone other than the Webmasters would be given the ability to read PM's.

When I ran my site with the VB software, I had that hack installed. An issue came up about the legality of reading PM's, so I did a lot of investigating on it. There could be legal ramifications if someone were to really make an issue out of it. I wasn't comfortable with it, and really don't care what people say in their PM's, so I removed the hack. When we switched to the new board software, we didn't install that hack at all. I don't know Shannon personally, but he seems to really be up on all this stuff. I'd be real surprised if he would even put that hack in.

So sad, mater on mater violence, can't we all just get along:p:D

I thought Paul was Play-by-Play and that Dunn kid was color...

surprising how many names Vin Scully mess up, remembering from listening to Dodger Games growing up... one I remember... who was 'Sammy' Kofaux?<sp>

d'kid

surprising how many names Vin Scully mess up, remembering from listening to Dodger Games growing up... one I remember... who was 'Sammy' Kofaux?<sp>

d'kid

Who???? Oh wait are those some of those old time players:D

surprising how many names Vin Scully mess up

And there were continuous outcries for him to be replaced. Until he was there for decades and eventually was revered. Then the mistakes became "cute", and just part of who he was. We have a while to go for Paul :)

d'kid

Well, how about Harry Carey for the Cubs, or Ralph Kiner for the Mets? These guys could skewer some names among other things. Joke in Chicago when Palmeiro was traded was because Harry couldn't pronounce his name. The Yankees have Yogi-isms...the Mets had Kiner-isms. Never a Cub fan but Carey pronoucing players names backwards when games got out of hand were priceless.

More fodder for why it's kind of silly to hammer Paul..

I just love the broadcasts and slide right over any mistakes..I actually am amused at some of them..:D

Yea..the trash can.

I am always amused at how much time people waste on this. I'll cringe on occasion..but that's as far as it goes for me. To constantly belittle the man serves no purpose that I can see..venting maybe.

Personally, I would prefer watching the broadcast through "sounds of the strip"..that was awesome..Alan even made it in..hehe.

That would be awesome.don't know if they broadcast in 5.1 but I know with other sports broadcasts that are in 5.1 you can turn down your center channel speaker and just listen to the game and crowd sounds. it's pretty cool

I found this quote from a user on another message board. Remind you of anything said here?:)

"How can the IRL get any respect when ESPN chooses to show the race on tape delay? Marty Reid is terrible and says the wrong car and driver half the time.Bring back Paul Page."

Paul doesn't bother me doing drag racing but I much prefer to hear him announcing Indy cars. He IS the TV voice of Indy cars. I would also rather hear Marty doing drag racing. Not really sure why they flip-flopped those guys. I'm sure some "genius" had a real good reason at the time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back