Paul Page Winternat's show (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Paul ran solo without Mike Dunn and without finish line interviewers. The racers spoke to the guy holding a camera and mike as if to say "Give it your best shot."

Amid all the bashing that usually goes on here I thought Paul did a good job considering Louis Bloom was doing the PA gig along with Brad Littlefield so who knows who was feeding him his information. I'm thinking the show and comments were put together after the race since the ESPN trucks were 3/4 the way to Daytona Beach by then.

RG

As with anyone in a new position of responsibility, you can soon tell if their heart is in their work or if they are in it for the money. Kinda like comparing Larry Fitzgerald to Terrell Owen$.

Paul has proven to me that his love for the sport and his respect for Mike Dunn has clearly proven to me this is a labor of love. I have come to enjoy his commentary and communication with Mike as well as any before him. I know, that's a bold statement but it's how I fee.

I liked the condensed version - no hitting skip on the DVR. I know theres people out there who just can't get enough of the racing on TV.. but me personally I think 5 hours of coverage is too much. Maybe 2.5 hours max for me (hour qualify, 1.5 hour event). I remember searching the tv guide for those speedworld shows that would show up randomly 3 weeks after the event where they did the entire event in one hour. Solid racing, highlights - short and sweet interviews. I guess that's why I have a DVR though.

I liked the condensed version - no hitting skip on the DVR. I know theres people out there who just can't get enough of the racing on TV.. but me personally I think 5 hours of coverage is too much. Maybe 2.5 hours max for me (hour qualify, 1.5 hour event). I remember searching the tv guide for those speedworld shows that would show up randomly 3 weeks after the event where they did the entire event in one hour. Solid racing, highlights - short and sweet interviews. I guess that's why I have a DVR though.

I never understand this. If you feel like hitting "skip" on your DVR during the telecasts, then how in the world are you going to manage a national event in person? :confused:

ETA just wanted to point out... 2,000 posts! :D

I never understand this. If you feel like hitting "skip" on your DVR during the telecasts, then how in the world are you going to manage a national event in person? :confused:

FIRST OF ALL! - Samuel, I love SRV too.. sucks so bad we had to lose him.

Maybe I can try to clear up my feelings on the original post -

I realize there is quite a difference in being at the event and watching it at home. No matter how hard you try, you can't get a national event into a TV.

Im not trying to expierence the race when watching it on tv, Im watching it on tv to see the event. - you cant smell, feel, or really hear the event on tv - NHRA is a sport where you have to be there to enjoy it fully. 5 hours of an NHRA event to me it isn't enjoyable when you cut out 4 of the 5 senses you get at the event. Which is the reason I skip past most everything except for the racing. Hence the reason I enjoyed the Paul Page Winternat's show.

In the stands, the skip button would be replaced with a trip to the pits, food, bathroom, or party in the zoo.

I have no problem spending four or five days at a live event, but watch most of the tv shows in under an hour and a half. No matter how great of a job they do on tv, it just isn't the same.

Was he even there on Tuesday? It sounded to me like he was doing that in a studio, after the video had been edited.

Anyone catch when paul had a little slip up and called Antrons ET before the run had even started ? :p

Overall thought Paul did a great job. Always have been a big fan of Paul Mike Dave and Gary.

Paul has definitely improved. It would be difficult for anyone to sit next to a guy like Mike Dunn, who has lived and breathed drag racing since he was born and expect to be on the same level.

As for the shortened, studio version of the event, I'm just glad that they went to the trouble to put it together for us. I say thank you to whomever made it possible.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back