Turbocharged... Pfttt, Paul Page is a putz... (1 Viewer)

Steveo

Nitro Member
It's not like I haven't thought he's really bad all along, but now I wish there was a way I could mute him out of the telecast...

Please ESPN;

FIRE PAUL PAGE!

He corrected himself right after he said "turbocharged".I think Paul gets caught up in trying to make the show exciting and he gets his terminology mixed up.

He corrected himself right after he said "turbocharged".I think Paul gets caught up in trying to make the show exciting and he gets his terminology mixed up.
Actually he engages mouth before brain. Witness how many bloopers that come up when they put the run info on the screen and he babbles on and on. I used to stick up for the guy but this is his third year and he's worse. And it seems he's dragging Dunn along with him. Mike's gotta be embarassed with all this.

Paul will continue to get better. He's doing way better now than when he started. Not only that, he really shows passion in his voice now when exciting things happen.

LOL
It's funny to me how he gets excited at the wrong times and completely dead when something amazing happens.

I was at an Indycar message board this past week reading about the Indianapolis 500 and came across comments critical of Marty Reid. Then while reading this week's issue of National Speed Sport News a couple of days ago I came across a comment by columnist Gary London which said, "Marty Reid's disc jockey voice inflections are as phoney as his hairpiece."

Perhaps it's time for ABC/ESPN to consider swapping Reid and Page for the IRL and NHRA broadcasts. I'm sure there are many drag racing fans that would welcome back Marty Reid with open arms.

'Kinda harsh Steve.

He may generally irritate you but, he covered his goof immediately (and correctly too).:rolleyes:

He didn't correct his GOOF on the qualifying show when he called Ashley Force, Hillary. It was at the end of the piece they did talking to Ashley Force, her Mom and Sister, about her facing John in the first round. As Ashley was walking away, arm in arm with Britney, he called her Hillary. He is always making mistakes and sounds like an amateur. How can the NHRA get any respect with a lead announcer that can't even get the names and classes right?:(:confused::mad::mad:

That does it! I'm declining all the offers I have on the table to do live sports broadcasts since anything less than perfection is grounds for dismissal.

p.s. In 10+ years of occasional broadcasting, I have yet to hear a complete or correct sentence from the mouth of Magic Johnson.

Actually he engages mouth before brain. Witness how many bloopers that come up when they put the run info on the screen and he babbles on and on.

Isn't this a perfect description of John Force? I absolutely love to hear him every time he has a microphone in his face!

Isn't this a perfect description of John Force? I absolutely love to hear him every time he has a microphone in his face!

John Force isn't getting paid to do color commentary on every pair of cars down the track.

Are you guys ever happy?

You pissed and moaned about Marty Reid, and now you're pissing and moaning about Paul Page.

That does it! I'm declining all the offers I have on the table to do live sports broadcasts since anything less than perfection is grounds for dismissal.

p.s. In 10+ years of occasional broadcasting, I have yet to hear a complete or correct sentence from the mouth of Magic Johnson.

Right On! Hey the guys not perfect,but I think he does a very adequate job. What I find interesting is that mike Dunn escapes criticism on this board. He has a dozen cliches he uses over and over on every broadcast. "that was just a good old drag race!"

Right On! Hey the guys not perfect,but I think he does a very adequate job. What I find interesting is that mike Dunn escapes criticism on this board. He has a dozen cliches he uses over and over on every broadcast. "that was just a good old drag race!"
Excellent point! I don't know how many times he has said when Dave Connelly or Jeg Coughlin are at the starting line "He's the best in the business." Even though I root for neither and I believe neither is the best at anything beyond getting or buying a great ride, I respect his opinion, his way of doing his job and his character. I also respect the dues he's paid to be in the booth as an expert.

When I'm without blemish, then I can . . .

. . . no, I still couldn't do it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back