Did Paul Page give the TF final away? And other ATL thoughts.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Other than JF going out in first round and EE in the 2nd, the Atlanta race was a pretty good show.

The first thing I want to comment on, though was I could swear that I heard Paul Page giving away the results of the final round during the semi's. After that I knew Torrence was going to win against Tony. :rolleyes:

But, there were other highlights for me:

1. Johnny Gray not afraid to be PC about Cruz.

2. Jim Head beating Cruz in the 2nd round. And, T.Ped going out 1st round too.

3. The rich Qatar punk's cars going out in the first round.

4. Steve Torrence winning his 1st (despite being spoiled by PP).

5. Capps winning (As much as I like JFR it would be awesome to see Capps go all the way this year).

6. Brandon Bernstein going to the semis.

7. The Harleys winning yet again despite the NHRA penalizing them for doing good.

8. KB racing final in those ol' jalopy Pontiacs. :p

If you watch ESPN3 live during eliminations then the actual recorded show later, you will see that the comments are recorded live and not added later.

Btw, that "rich Qatar punk", as you called him, funds those teams and employees quite a few crew members and I bet they are quite happy having a job.

If you watch ESPN3 live during eliminations then the actual recorded show later, you will see that the comments are recorded live and not added later.

Btw, that "rich Qatar punk", as you called him, funds those teams and employees quite a few crew members and I bet they are quite happy having a job.

Thanks Paul
DITTO

d'kid

Well said. When you watch ESPN3 live your pretty much watching the blueprints of the show at 7. You see all there break spots for commericals, all there little features they combine into the live taping. (Interviews, tale of the tape)

Last edited:
3. The rich Qatar punk's cars going out in the first round. :p

Question for you ole Samuel, what the hell has the Sheik or Khalid Albalooshi ever done to you to make you hate them so much? If its just bc he's from another country, your a sad person.

And if you answer bc Larry got screwed, you need to get a clue.

Could it be that I don't like supporting countries who are getting rich by screwing us on the price of natural resources? Maybe it's because of the way they (meaning the middle east) treat Israel? (And yes, I'm part Israeli).

And yes, despite the spin to the contrary, I still believe that the Shiek fired Larry Dixon so that he could order AJ to put his friend in the seat.

Could it be that I don't like supporting countries who are getting rich by screwing us on the price of natural resources? Maybe it's because of the way they (meaning the middle east) treat Israel? (And yes, I'm part Israeli).

And yes, despite the spin to the contrary, I still believe that the Shiek fired Larry Dixon so that he could order AJ to put his friend in the seat.

Team owner let's driver go so he can put a Relative in the seat? can you spell J. F. R. ?

d'kid... Fan of the Son-in-law, and the Daughters

Could it be that I don't like supporting countries who are getting rich by screwing us on the price of natural resources? Maybe it's because of the way they (meaning the middle east) treat Israel? (And yes, I'm part Israeli)..

wow !!!

so I'm guessing u werent a big Kenji Okazaki fan since it was his people that bombed Pearl Harbor !!

wow !!!

so I'm guessing u werent a big Kenji Okazaki fan since it was his people that bombed Pearl Harbor !!

That's not very fair as it happened before our time. Just like slavery, Nazis, etc.. However the being screwed by the middle east is current so it is allowable to feel that way.

Team owner let's driver go so he can put a Relative in the seat? can you spell J. F. R. ?

Yeah, that burned my butt too. Letting Gary Densham go to bring in his son-in-law, Robert Hight, was not my favorite JFR moment. I'm just glad Gary got that double-up win at Indy the last year he drove for John and kinda went out on a high note. Having that achievement was worth all the lean years I bet. Gary is just a cool SoCal racer from the good old days. I love it that he still comes out and mixes it up with the big boys and spanks them once in awhile.

Oops, was this a thread about Al Anabi? I forget. ;)

1.. i guess you got problems with the US too then...lol.

2... you have been readin the net toooooo much then...lol

wow !!!

Read, and pronounce my last name... My Father's Family lost their farm in Sumner, Wa. And both my Dad and Uncle inlisted in the Army when they turned 18, just to get out of an Interment Camp in Northern Montana.

Sam ... Sam ... Sam.

We have the lowest prices on gas/natural gas in the developed world.

We are SCREWING OURSELVES by creating the market for their supply.

The prices ARE NOT NECESSARILY SET BY THE MIDDLE EAST. Oil and Natural Gas are commoditized and deregulated on the commodities market. Jerkoff wall street types can buy large shares of futures low ... hold ... drive the price up ... and sell high. They all make huge profits and bonuses, the Sheikhs do back flips as they literally have to do nothing to make more money off their existing inventory, and we get FUC$#D at the pump and on our heating bills.

Don't even start on the Israel/Arab issue here ... "They don't like us so I don't like them" is just DUMB and unhelpful.

I could also say with absolution, that if the Sheikh cut you a fat check to drive one of his cars, you would absolutely take it.

Ignorance and Agoraphobia are a DANGEROUS combination Sam.

How about Jason Line throwing away a great pass just to be "late" against the boss? His worst light of the day.

Another way to look at it was look at the great opportunity that Force gave Densham when he put him in that car. Force could have given that ride to any number of other qualified drivers. I like John and Gary both so I'm not being critical of either.

Wow, what a violent thread. For the record Kenji was one of my favorite drivers, and I think the Mooneyes flopper was the best-looking F/C of the modern era, bar none.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back