Try to make sense of this... (1 Viewer)

I just a got vision of special events like........32 Funny Cars.
Ooops......thinking way to far ahead of the curve......my bad.

hmmmmmm..........perhaps additional protection to be added later???(Catchfence on top of the wall :eek:) :)

Put a watch to the actual run time vs. "down time" between pro runs....... you could make cleaning passes between runs easily.

Heck, with the proper choreography, it could be entertaining as well....like the Shriners during a parade! :D:D

Last edited:
It wouldn't be hard to stop for 15 seconds when they have finished backing the cars so they can pay attention to the track.

Like I said above, stop long enough to watch the cars go by.

Brent, even if the workers DO stop and watch the cars coming down the other lane. How much time would you give said cleanup workers on the idle finish line area to respond to something like this?

Linky linky....

From the time the wing collapses to the leap over the wall, I count two, three seconds max. Would you be able to see, analyze, realize you're in the line of fire, decide on an escape route and move out of the way before that chassis or motor makes it over the wall and hits you? How about if you're sitting in the seat of the tractor with the traction compound?

Didn't think so.

Kevin, Bruton may have thought this through, but you can bet he didn't seek much imput from NHRA or the Safety safari on this! If I was on the Safety safari at Charlotte and was told to go out and clean a track while cars going 250-300 MPH are 10' away? I'd tell Bruton Smith Clean your own damn Track!

I agree with Joe. This is just a really bad idea, safety-wise to me. You may counter "This doesn't happen very often." and I would agree with that, but it would only take one permantly disabling injury, or worse, death of a Safety Safari crewperson to make everyone on this board ask "WTF were they thinking?!?!? :confused:

People have mentioned photgraphers and such, They aren't that far down track. Most are within the first 100 maybe 150ft.

Crew on carts and the poweraide truck are much farther from the track then the workers would be on 2 other lanes.

Most oil downs happen on the big end.

You don't have to clean it up while they are running. It will give you the option finish the round or event. Then you can clean it up later. I think it is a great idea.

Go back and look at that video and see how many people were standing where the second track would be, all the way down including golf carts. There were a several parked right before the finish line, not to mention the safari truck just past the finish line. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back