JR Todd to Kenny Bernstein Racing (1 Viewer)

Bob -- that's not happening.

“I myself don’t know what I’m doing next year, but everyone else seems to know, so whoever’s got the answer should come and tell me. I’ve been in talks with (sponsor) Evan Knoll and Latrell Preston. We’re working on some things and hopefully, we’ll know more after this race." - J.R. Todd

That's in Asher's story.

Thanks Bobby!
I don't believe anyhting I read now-a-days and believe only half of what I see!:p LOL

I just posted to add to the confussion......:rolleyes:

P.S. I really like Ashers articles and your website.

To all of you who are ready to bring out your big hammers and have at it I would suggest you stop and think for a moment.

In your daily job I am sure that during the course of say the day or maybe the week or surely during the month:rolleyes:, you make a mistake. So who sees it? 2 people 4 maybe? I know if I make a mistake and I do, it can be seen by maybe no one upto some thousands globally it all depends.

Now imagine that your every move was broadcast on the internet. we all make mistakes, let it go..............

Move on, nothing happening here......did I hear lockdown?????

jim

To all of you who are ready to bring out your big hammers and have at it I would suggest you stop and think for a moment.

In your daily job I am sure that during the course of say the day or maybe the week or surely during the month:rolleyes:, you make a mistake. So who sees it? 2 people 4 maybe? I know if I make a mistake and I do, it can be seen by maybe no one upto some thousands globally it all depends.

Now imagine that your every move was broadcast on the internet. we all make mistakes, let it go..............

Move on, nothing happening here......did I hear lockdown?????

jim
But remember, he's the one that claimed just a few days before this that the one thing he didn't do was the rumors and speculation and he always makes sure he's 100% right before he prints anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, another rumor to stir up the pot:
KNOLL BUYING ANOTHER TF TEAM?
Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - KNOLL BUYING ANOTHER TF TEAM?

Sounds like Evan might be purchasing Dexter Tuttle's operation, which is who J.R. drives for now.

But remember, he's the one that claimed just a few days before this that the one thing he didn't do was the rumors and speculation and he always makes sure he's 100% right before he prints anything.

I guess that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I have three statements to make.

1. Geiger did not verify with Kenny Bernstein before he went with his story.

2. Geiger did not verify with J.R. before he went with his story.

3. When J.R. asked him where the story came from, he replied that he had just "heard it".

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong and issuing a retraction. That's the way things are supposed to be done.

I'll be waiting to be proven wrong. Rob knows how to get here and reply, but the last one was a lame joke that should have been an apology to someone who's devoted many more years to the sport of drag racing than Mr. Geiger.

Careful Dan......there are already cries to "pull the plug"
(apparently that can be substituted for an apology and/or admission of an error in certain circles);)

I wish I had a quarter for every post were something was going to happen, the parties deny it, and then it happened which I think is the situation we have here. ;)

I think Rob was told what he was told but as stated by a few, who I respect, that until the papers are signed nobody will cop to it.

So I will take the wait and see approach. :p

So right Bob . Remember the NHRA Smith buying thread then Not for sale then sold but not to Smith now ongoing but not done with the end of the season approaching.

Some one needs to start the deal fell through and Smith is back on. LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, another rumor to stir up the pot:
KNOLL BUYING ANOTHER TF TEAM?
Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - KNOLL BUYING ANOTHER TF TEAM?

Sounds like Evan might be purchasing Dexter Tuttle's operation, which is who J.R. drives for now.

Which would most likely make him a teamate of Morgan Lucas. With Troxel going to FC, I'm sure they want to have a second car.

If everything comes to fruition just as Rob indicated, there better be a long line of folks on here posting up their own apologies.

If everything comes to fruition just as Rob indicated, there better be a long line of folks on here posting up their own apologies.
Apology for what? Remember, according to his own posts a few days earlier on this very site he said everything he prints is free of rumor and verified. Well, it certainly wasn't free of rumor or verified because J.R. Todd, Kenny Bernstein and Evan Knoll all say so! So why would there be an apolgy needed when he posted rumors and un-verified information?

Why?? Because the parties involved do not want a possible sponsor deal looked at by another team,or show their hand for next year.With the new countdown format,it will be tougher to make the top 8.Prudhomme is looking for sponsors too.

Personally,I would rather see Bernstein,Todd, Knoll et al come on here and say that Geiger was wrong from the start.But I'll bet good money you won't see that happen,and I'll stick with what Rob reported at the time as the truth.

Personally,I would rather see Bernstein,Todd, Knoll et al come on here and say that Geiger was wrong from the start.But I'll bet good money you won't see that happen,and I'll stick with what Rob reported at the time as the truth.[/QUOTE]

I spoke with both JR and KB on Monday and they both stated that they do not have a deal. Neither does Gary Scelzi who also talked to Bernstein. In both cases there were discussions but there are no deals involving these parties. Most likely scenario for JR is to stay with his current team when it is purchased by Evan Knoll but I have not talked to him about that so I guess that stays in the rumour category.

Roo

As I stated in my previous message, I have no problems in admitting I'm wrong and issuing a retraction - though I suppose that's unthinkable to some depending on ego, self confidence, whatever.

But you know what? I'm not going to have to. Geiger DID NOT verify with KB or JR - and if you were ready to break a story, using standard journalistic ethics, who else would you confirm with?

Note that Mr. Geiger has chosen not to respond to the question and three statements I've made.

Dan,
1. Have you talked to Kenny? I did. Try giving him a call.
2. J.R. is a driver, not a team owner. You and I both know drivers can try to influence decisions and direct sponsors one way or the other, but they don't have the final decision because they don't own anything.
3. It's so weird that you claim to know what J.R. and I talked about when it was only J.R. and I there. Humm, you're like a superhero or something.

By the way, stay out of Larry and my relationship. We work together all the time. You show up on rare occasion and really have no clue as to how Larry and I routinely interact with one another.

If you have any other thoughts, call me at home or we can sort it out at the next race.

Bottom line is this...people say things and some times they realize they spoke out of turn and then need to cover their butts a little. Situations change dramatically in the blink of an eye, especially in regards to sponsorship concerns.

That's fine and if you want to paint me as the bad guy, go full on. If I made a mistake, I would say so publicly. Lord knows I make mistakes all the time (just ask my wife). My record speaks for itself. I've been to 221 races in a row. Every driver out there has my number and vice versa. I always give people a chance to voice their ideas/concerns to me and they do so on occasion.

It's all good.

I'm actually surprised this thread is alive. This stuff is everyday blather in NASCAR. Maybe that's why they get so much exposure?

It's okay to disagree. That's why our soldiers are fighting for our way of life.

Thanks for reading NHRA.com everyone.

Last edited:
OK, Is it time to lock this down yet?

I see nothing in this thread that warrants it to be locked with the exception of one individual and he was trying to make a point. ;)
A lot of people may think it could have been a little less blunt but oh well. :rolleyes:

Rob is a stand up guy and replied to the opposite stories and did a respectable job only time will tell.
As Rob said it's all good!

*** I have to admit, the guy sticks to his guns.........too bad they are pointed backwards :eek:

Originally Posted by Rob Geiger
Justin,
One of the first things we talked about when I joined NHRA was the fact I didn't want to do the rumor thing. Sure it's fun. Sure enough, if you throw enough @#$%^ at the wall, something will stick and you'll look like a genuis. But most of the time you're risking screwing something up big time for someone. It isn't worth dropping someone in the grease to be first or possibly nixing a sponsorship deal because information was leaked. I'd rather be right than first.

Have fun with the other sites. If you want the truth, go to NHRA.com. That's the way I look at it.
Regards,
Rob

*** Kinda reminds me of that picture of the mouse in the field flipping off the Eagle as it comes in for the Kill. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back