JR Todd to Kenny Bernstein Racing (1 Viewer)

Bill, I respect your opinion (and I even like you) so I won't argue the point at length. While you are completely correct that we all can hear things that are better kept under wraps until they become press-conference worthy, I believe the very core of Rob's job is to provide a measure of "inside scoop." Unlike other rumor mills, Scoop's statements are clear and he stands behind them as he has this discussion. The difference is that he hasn't divulged any time-sensitive information such as "possible sponsorship," etc. that could jeopardize the success of the deal despite possibly being privy to such information. Kenny may have alluded to some but Rob, to my knowledge, hasn't. Wasn't he hired to bring this very information to us? I suspect he could also be a little tired of being scooped by the other Internet sites' rumor mills with his cautious approach to information he knew before they did?

Point is, I think he's got this story pegged and he hasn't hurt anyone by reporting such.

I'm just curious on something. I don't care whether or not anyone was right or wrong...

but if Scoop was spot on as he claims to be, why is his claim not being backed up by any of the parties? Regardless of sponsorship issues, etc...if it's true, there would be more than an ambiguous "harumph" from the people involved.

There's a lot of mud, none of it's clear.

KB hasn't been definitive. JR Todd interview on CompPlus was not definitive.

It sounds like one of those games of telephone. Someone told someone, who told someone else, who told someone else about that something, then they finally told that other someone else, and by the time it gets back, it's nothing like it was originally. No one is confirming, or denying. Which to me, correct me if I'm wrong...sounds like it's a rumor.

I'll be interested to find out how this plays out. I will say that it's pretty sad that Larry & Geiger are slamming crap on each other. I guess we'll see who's more reliable...and who is sticking their foot in their mouth.

I have no qualms with anyone. Like I said, good for JR if it happens, dang if it doesn't. Someone ain't right here...and I can't wait to see who.

Scoop had a chance to say he jumped the gun and apologize..............chose not to.

I guess this concludes the glass house and throwing stones segment of the thread.:rolleyes:

I wish I had a quarter for every post were something was going to happen, the parties deny it, and then it happened which I think is the situation we have here. ;)

I think Rob was told what he was told but as stated by a few, who I respect, that until the papers are signed nobody will cop to it.

So I will take the wait and see approach. :p

Too bad that is not the point............
No matter who says it, until the papers are signed and it is a "done deal", it is a RUMOR. Which is all good and fine unless you make a point of throwing dirt at those that deal in rumors :rolleyes:

Over the weekend I spoke with both KB and JR, and well after Scoop's retraction was posted they were still unhappy about the whole deal and somewhat pissed with Geiger. I had occasion to talk with Kenny about another scenario and he told me staright up where that deal was and appeared to be happy that I had at least taken the time to get his side of the story after talking to the other party involved.
As for Geiger putting Larry Sullivan down, if I had known about that attitude over the weekend I probably would have taken the time to throw him off the back of the Parks Tower. If not for Larry, Rick Green and the late Ed Dykes we would not have the constant stream of results that keeps us on line on those weekends when we are not at the track. How many people know that Larry wrote (and constantly updates) the software that makes the nearly instant results on line possible?

Roo

Over the weekend I spoke with both KB and JR, and well after Scoop's retraction was posted they were still unhappy about the whole deal and somewhat pissed with Geiger. I had occasion to talk with Kenny about another scenario and he told me straight up where that deal was and appeared to be happy that I had at least taken the time to get his side of the story after talking to the other party involved.
As for Geiger putting Larry Sullivan down, if I had known about that attitude over the weekend I probably would have taken the time to throw him off the back of the Parks Tower. If not for Larry, Rick Green and the late Ed Dykes we would not have the constant stream of results that keeps us on line on those weekends when we are not at the track. How many people know that Larry wrote (and constantly updates) the software that makes the nearly instant results on line possible?

Roo

I do! On the face of it Geiger's comments about Larry appeared a bit of a cheap shot, but then again Geiger's rarely in the press room either so I'll assume he's out getting the best and most accurate information for his work as well. Larry's job really is in the press room making certain the results are as accurate as possible, and timely. I'd say both have different jobs and both have to fight off problems that get in the way of doing their respective work. Tread lightly guys. Both have difficult jobs.

I will admit to one thing...and it's a secret I was hoping to keep until death, but....here goes....Larry is my dad.

popcorn.gif

Anyone else? I'll share...

DLB
Damn thing started out as a true story, turned into a mystery, became a wild western, and ended up being a love story- :eek:

I'm thirsty now Dalton, what'cha got- :D

Talk about a confusing feel good movie- :)

Brent, have you no respect whatsoever?

Excuse me? Me believing the words that came right out of the mouths of J.R. and Kenny and saying it doesn't square with what Rob printed is disrespect? :rolleyes: Rob's attempted ass-covering is bullshit, that's all it was and ever will be. Talking about respect, how is trying to pass off something that is untrue as true being respectful? He reported it as a done deal yet Kenny and J.R. both said otherwise. Even Evan Knoll had no clue what the hell this was all about. Are you and Rob both trying to convince me that Rob was right and now both J.R., Kenny and Evan are liars and don't know what they're talking about?

I reposted his comments that he made in an earlier thread about not posting rumors and making sure everything is 100% before he reports it. Well, it sure looks like he didn't follow his own rules very well! If Rob was right about this all along why would J.R. and Kenny still be upset about it? I guess Kenny and J.R. just made up something so they could be upset and blame Rob, right? :rolleyes: Maybe Rob can go work with Dan Rather and title his new column "Fake, but accurate!"

Last edited:
Hey..way to keep sh!tting in the cereal bowl there, Brent.

Looks like things were getting better..and Doc had every right to get on you about your constant criticism of all things worth a shot. They make pills for that behavior, by the way.

Was Geiger wrong or not? According to Kenny Bernstein, J.R. Todd and Evan Knoll he was. I'll take the word of those 3 over the guy that's trying to cover his butt.

Damn thing started out as a true story, turned into a mystery, became a wild western, and ended up being a love story- :eek:

I'm thirsty now Dalton, what'cha got- :D

Talk about a confusing feel good movie- :)

I knew it was going to turn into a catchy flick - why you think I was layed up on the sofa?

All I have here is bottled water and milk...
Might can dig for a Coke or Mt. Dew or sumpin...?

And you people thought it was TNT that "knows drama". HAH! It's the 'MATER!

:D

DLB

What did we ever do before the "interweb" and ESPN2 etc. etc. etc.?
How did we ever survive without knowing about every deal before it happened?

Let's all just sit back and let the racers handle their own business.

I wish the mods would just lock this one down already.

Peace to everyone.

Bob -- that's not happening.

“I myself don’t know what I’m doing next year, but everyone else seems to know, so whoever’s got the answer should come and tell me. I’ve been in talks with (sponsor) Evan Knoll and Latrell Preston. We’re working on some things and hopefully, we’ll know more after this race." - J.R. Todd

That's in Asher's story.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back