Try to make sense of this... (1 Viewer)

So is Rob going to be cleaning the oiled lane while five feet away cars are going by at 300 mph?

Alan

Good R/T there Jay-LOL

I'm not sure that I would want the job of cleaning up an oil down while 2 cars are racing in the lane next to it?

Cool site Rob.;)

I am sure that the NHRA wouldn't keep the cleanup crew on one track if cars are thundering down the other. Keep in mind that the crew would only need to be off the track for a 15-20 second period from staging to crossing the finish line.

Also keep in mind that there will need to be a second complete Safety Safari in the event that there are two individual incidents on each "track". That is what I would see as a significant reason why they couldn't currently run 4 lanes.

On top of that they would need to double the track staff, start line crew, spotters, bottom shutdown crew, the TV deal would need to be addressed.

There are a BUNCH of issues that would need to be addressed.

As soon as the pair of cars on track #1 cleared the shutdown area, they could start the pair on track #2. We could all watch and laugh as Rick Stewart and the camera crews ran from track to track. The there is the whole Lanny Miglizzi thing....

If they do utilize the two tracks they should run the TF, FC, TAD, TAFC & PM on one track and Pro Stock car / bike and everything else on the other. That way they could prep each side differently.

Tom

Keep in mind that the crew would only need to be off the track for a 15-20 second period from staging to crossing the finish line.

I would like to think that the crew was off the track during the burn-out process as well. Purely as a safety precaution as things can go array during the burn-out too. So it's possible that we are looking at 90 - 120 seconds. So the oil sits on the asphalt for this long???

On another note, wouldn't this 4 lane set up benefit the multi-car teams in terms of collecting data as the single car teams won't have an equal opportunity to make passes in all the lanes? Sure, they have 4 qualifying runs but with at least one of those during the late hours the data is mute as far as the track temp, air, etc when applying the data to eliminations.

I can't believe he went ahead a built four lanes. NHRA says no and Mr. Circus Promoter says screw you, I'm doing it anyway. This is so damn dumb on so many levels. What is going on in Bruton Smith's head? I'm not sure the current width of the lanes are enough room in case something happens. The overall width of Charlotte looks good, but for two lanes only. A few years ago, I recall Don Garlits saying that he thinks the lanes should be wider. I don't think this is what Big was talking about. I see nothing here but a dangerous situation and a recipe for disaster. We are currently dealing with a serious issue with shut down area improvments and now we get this creation. We don't need any more people injured or killed because of a poor track design. I hope and pray that NHRA stands their ground and keeps telling Bruton Smith NO!!! Everybody thinks Bruton Smith is going to save Drag Racing and take the sport to the next level, look at what he's done now. I have had enough of this, it's giving me chest pains.

Dave

I am sure that the NHRA wouldn't keep the cleanup crew on one track if cars are thundering down the other. Keep in mind that the crew would only need to be off the track for a 15-20 second period from staging to crossing the finish line.

Also keep in mind that there will need to be a second complete Safety Safari in the event that there are two individual incidents on each "track". That is what I would see as a significant reason why they couldn't currently run 4 lanes.

On top of that they would need to double the track staff, start line crew, spotters, bottom shutdown crew, the TV deal would need to be addressed.

There are a BUNCH of issues that would need to be addressed.

First thats a damn funny tag line lol

beyond moving people out of the way while the cars pass they would also have to move the zambonie, trucks and any other equipment. After last week it would be dangerous to move the poeple but leave the equipment.
By the time the moved that stuff up or down the track to the nearest gate to get it off, the cars would run, then they would need to get them back out there. They would spend more time going back and forth and have about 3.7 seconds to actually clean. They would have to stop action to clean.

The only benefit of the 4 lane track would be to run 4 at a time and I'm not sure how good that would be. Right now if they run 2, then one side of the track will be sitting far away from the action. It will be interesting to see how it looks once its finished.

I don't know if there's enough underwear for me to stand 5 ft from a car thats going 300mph.

Maybe we need to think of a different approach. The Pro Stock guys and Sportsman racers want the track prepped differently than the Top Fuel and Funny Car guys do. Now each can have it their way, 2 lanes for Fuel cars and 2 lanes for Pro Stock and sportsman. Best of both worlds for everyone.

Maybe we need to think of a different approach. The Pro Stock guys and Sportsman racers want the track prepped differently than the Top Fuel and Funny Car guys do. Now each can have it their way, 2 lanes for Fuel cars and 2 lanes for Pro Stock and sportsman. Best of both worlds for everyone.
That's actually what I was told they were thinking.

You're all missing the best part. When they finally decide to run four cars side by side just think of the Pro Stock burndowns we'll have when GA, Connelly, Larry Morgan and WJ all refuse to go in first or at all?
Rick Stewart will need a watch on each hand?

You're all missing the best part. When they finally decide to run four cars side by side just think of the Pro Stock burndowns we'll have when GA, Connelly, Larry Morgan and WJ all refuse to go in first or at all?
Rick Stewart will need a watch on each hand?

LMAO!!! That's a good one, Bobby!

Plus, when the car in either of the far lanes gets crossed-up, he/she potentially takes out 3-times as many drivers and/or high-dollar equipment.

I think the whole idea is, well.............never mind.

Sean D

I'm not for the four lane concept at all but, if you look at the pictures of the Charlotte strip,there is a wall between each set of lanes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back