Tony Stewart on an off weekend - Alcohol and ....... (1 Viewer)

He started dead last (19th spot) and drove straight to the front in the first 14 laps..... then led the entire race after that until he spun out on the last lap. The first time he even had a chance to sit in the car, let alone drive it, was when he got in to start the race. No qualifying, no practice laps, nothing. lol.

wonder if garret (cleetus) asked tony to participate in this race when they were in bradenton?
of all the crazy responsibilities tony has in his life, and he makes time to do this @ IRP. that says something about both of them.
he (garret) just purchased an airstrip and land a few miles east of bradenton dragstrip/freedom factory.
he is the real deal; makes extremely smart moves in what he does and what he promotes.
what is not to love about watching those crown vics race. every bit as exciting as nascar.

Last edited:
wonder if garret (cleetus) asked tony to participate in this race when they were in bradenton?
of all the crazy responsibilities tony has in his life, and he makes time to do this @ IRP. that says something about both of them.
he just purchased an airstrip and land a few miles east of bradenton dragstrip/freedom factory.
he is the real deal; makes extremely smart moves in what he does and what he promotes.
what is not to love about watching those crown vics race. every bit as exciting as nascar.
I met Tony many years ago at big midget race in vegas on the half mile dirt track ( he ran lightning fast and won ) went to meet him in pits that night and was so impressed how he treated fans and was so humble, he is a true living legend , I told him he had the stuff to be great in NASCAR, he smiled and said I hope your right😎🏎️

he (garret) just purchased an airstrip and land a few miles east of bradenton dragstrip/freedom factory.
They've been trying to put this deal together since last year's INDY 800 event. (and maybe before that) Cleetus had a car ready for Tony to race last year but it didn't work out.

This was filmed after last years INDY 800...

Tony won TAD and Maddi Gordon won TAFC.
Congrats to both!

Alan

Yes, that's great news to see Maddi Gordon get her first win. She has a real good car under her, but it looks like the pistons don't fall far from the engine as she has some real driving talent to take over where her Dad and Grandfather left off. And didn't I see her sister Macie racing in Top Dragster a few races ago?

That was a great Final Round in TAD as well. A 5.308 to a red-lighting 5.305. And a bit of drama, too as Leah husband #2 takes on Leah husband #3. I bet Gary wanted that one bad.

what was this div. 3 race @ IRP? alcohol cars only? tony driving mcphillips car? just for this one race?
congrats to maddi gordon :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back