Tony Stewart Full Season Top Alcohol (1 Viewer)

Well, maybe Tony changed his mind? You gota admit, running a year in A/FD is really good training for T/F.

So Tony runs A/FD for 2023. So maybe 2024 T/F? Yeah we're all thinking that.
Ehh, I'm not sure about that. He's already had the TF experience and I doubt he wants to compete against his wife. He's not in it for the money or the recognition anyway and A/FD, despite not being a Pro class, is still quite a challenge and a very fast one. He should do well; Stewart ain't a quitter.

wonder if TAD and pro cars will pit together? will that be allowed? only at certain venues where space allows? will TSR have hospitality this year?

also...... a points question ...... in the nhra.com article about TSR competing with McPhillips in 2023, the article is quoted
Each Top Alcohol Dragster driver is eligible to earn points at their first 10 national events. Their best six national finishes from their eligible points-earning events will constitute their NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national championship points total.
i thought the rule was this, as stated under results/points on nhra's website?
Each driver in Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car driver is eligible to earn points at their first five regional and first ten national events. A driver’s best three regional and best seven national finishes from their eligible points-earning events will constitute their NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national championship points total.

also...... a points question ...... in the nhra.com article about TSR competing with McPhillips in 2023, the article is quoted
Each Top Alcohol Dragster driver is eligible to earn points at their first 10 national events. Their best six national finishes from their eligible points-earning events will constitute their NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national championship points total.
i thought the rule was this, as stated under results/points on nhra's website?
Each driver in Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car driver is eligible to earn points at their first five regional and first ten national events. A driver’s best three regional and best seven national finishes from their eligible points-earning events will constitute their NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national championship points total.
I thought this too. I was curious what "full season" constituted in all the press I've seen.

To be fair, he does have a Camping World series logo on his firesuit in the video.

You mean the same firesuit he was wearing last year when he also did not compete in Top Fuel?

stewart-interview.jpg

You mean the same firesuit he was wearing last year when he also did not compete in Top Fuel?

stewart-interview.jpg

Just curious on whether he goes back and forth. AFD requires a SFI -15 suit while top fuel requires a SFI -20. Just wondering what he's wearing.

RG

Anyone that orders a -15 instead of a -20 better have a good reason. There is ZERO reason to buy a -15 anything when a -20 is available.
Anyone, all the way down the line? Because I use a -15 for TD. I feel like the fire protection I have with it is plenty for the risk I face and the additional cost to get a -20 would just be spending extra money for the sake of spending money.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back