Tony Stewart Making NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Look Easy (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member
I’m all about Tony Stewart being in drag racing and I know it is incredibly beneficial to the NHRA to have his name attached. I also know there has been some argument about the cons of Tony being too successful, too early. This article and headline is exactly the exposure many were afraid of….

And of course Bobby does it the right way……..👍

Randy, I respect your call on what it takes to drive not only a top alcohol funny car as well as top sportsman car, you’ve been in both, if and when Tony decides to drive a top fuel car, not only will he great at it when he does because he will prepare himself for that next level and has the talent to do so, ps those top sportsman cars remind me of the short wheelbase top fuel alterd’s,, wild and a hand full

Randy, I respect your call on what it takes to drive not only a top alcohol funny car as well as top sportsman car, you’ve been in both, if and when Tony decides to drive a top fuel car, not only will he great at it when he does because he will prepare himself for that next level and has the talent to do so, ps those top sportsman cars remind me of the short wheelbase top fuel alterd’s,, wild and a hand full

Hi Mark. Tony made a couple runs in Lea's Top Fuel car as he explained in his interview with Dale Jr. I'm not sure if you watched it. If you haven't seen it, it's a great interview. He said he was mentally behind and knew he was in over his head when he didn't even know the tires were spinning. He's not in a hurry to get back in it any time soon. He feels much more comfortable (for now) in the A/Fuel car.

I used to explain to people that drove my TA/FC when licensing them that there are two kinds of people inside race cars. Those that drive them, and those that happen to be sitting in the driver's seat going down the track. In other words, they are going for a ride in them like an amusement park ride. I always hoped for the "drive them" part. I had a few that never progressed past the "going for a ride in them". One drove it into the wall at Pomona and afterward admitted he had no clue where he was. I would say Tony Stewart admitted he was "going for a ride" rather than driving. He's smart enough to recognize that. In time he'll be fine. In the interview even Jr wondered about going over 300 miles per hour in just a few seconds.

I have said it many times the "pros" are not the best in the business, they are the ones that can afford, have the funding to race the high dollar cars. Think back about how many drivers came in did well and lost funding, ran out of money and disappeared.
Yes he is talented but more so he has the budget to be better than most.

Hi Mark. Tony made a couple runs in Lea's Top Fuel car as he explained in his interview with Dale Jr. I'm not sure if you watched it. If you haven't seen it, it's a great interview. He said he was mentally behind and knew he was in over his head when he didn't even know the tires were spinning. He's not in a hurry to get back in it any time soon. He feels much more comfortable (for now) in the A/Fuel car.

I used to explain to people that drove my TA/FC when licensing them that there are two kinds of people inside race cars. Those that drive them, and those that happen to be sitting in the driver's seat going down the track. In other words, they are going for a ride in them like an amusement park ride. I always hoped for the "drive them" part. I had a few that never progressed past the "going for a ride in them". One drove it into the wall at Pomona and afterward admitted he had no clue where he was. I would say Tony Stewart admitted he was "going for a ride" rather than driving. He's smart enough to recognize that. In time he'll be fine. In the interview even Jr wondered about going over 300 miles per hour in just a few seconds.
Randy, I think your points are very good on drivers and riders in race cars, I don’t think Tony has anything to prove and isn’t worried about what others might want to say good or bad, he is one of best talents out there and doing what he loves, I met him many years ago in the pits at the dirt track in vegas when he was driving one of the white number 9 midgets, I knew that night I was watching a future great driver, very humble and very personable person, I am going to enjoy watching his drag racing career as far as he chooses to take it, I never have had the experience of steeping on the load pedal of your caliber of race cars, to old to chase that now, you are a class act like my bother big bill always said

Randy, I think your points are very good on drivers and riders in race cars, I don’t think Tony has anything to prove and isn’t worried about what others might want to say good or bad, he is one of best talents out there and doing what he loves, I met him many years ago in the pits at the dirt track in vegas when he was driving one of the white number 9 midgets, I knew that night I was watching a future great driver, very humble and very personable person, I am going to enjoy watching his drag racing career as far as he chooses to take it, I never have had the experience of steeping on the load pedal of your caliber of race cars, to old to chase that now, you are a class act like my bother big bill always said

Hey Mark, "Big Bill?" Are you're talking about Big Bill who worked for Duane Shields?

Yes, I came to your shop years back with him

I remember when he came to pick up the twin screw NRC Freightliner Columbia when Duane bought it from me. He sat in it running outside my shop door for about 10 minutes before finally coming back in. "How do you make this thing go?" I said, "Bill, see that little switch at the end of the lever? LOL

I remember when he came to pick up the twin screw NRC Freightliner Columbia when Duane bought it from me. He sat in it running outside my shop door for about 10 minutes before finally coming back in. "How do you make this thing go?" I said, "Bill, see that little switch at the end of the lever? LOL
That’s my brother 👍 Hope all is well with you in your new home

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back