Tony Stewart Full Season Top Alcohol (1 Viewer)

Anyone, all the way down the line? Because I use a -15 for TD. I feel like the fire protection I have with it is plenty for the risk I face and the additional cost to get a -20 would just be spending extra money for the sake of spending money.
unless you're in a blowtorch :)

Most places sell them for the same or similar price. Currently, Impact is the same price for both. Simpson is a $200 difference.
Wasn't that way when I got mine, but that's been long enough now that it's gone through a re-cert. Either way, unless you're in a car that actually makes big fireballs, it's not worth any extra cost for a -20. I'd get one of they're the same, but even a $200 difference is money that could be better spent elsewhere since the safety impact to me is negligible.

I had a -20 back a hundred years ago when I drove TA/FC. More recently I had a -15 for my Top Sportsman car. -15 was more comfortable and less restrictive by a little bit, but I never felt I was any less safe with it on.

Back in the Daze, Tom McEwen once wore 2 firesuits, said he felt safer. I think these were the old silver looking suits. I remember when they first came out, Jim Diest (sp?) was original designer. That suit saved a lot of lives.

Mike Sorokin did a lot of "testing" for Bill Simpson. I believe the Surfers were to first to test dual chutes for Bill. On a side note, the story of Bill testing chutes on the street with his street car is comical.

Ehh, I'm not sure about that. He's already had the TF experience and I doubt he wants to compete against his wife. He's not in it for the money or the recognition anyway and A/FD, despite not being a Pro class, is still quite a challenge and a very fast one. He should do well; Stewart ain't a quitter.
He also stated last year that he had no business in a TF car, it was way ahead of his skill set, and that he needed a year or so learning in the top alcohol class.

during 500 broadcast yesterday, tony got in a quick mention of himself getting back to a little racing at baby gators and gators

Met Tony briefly at Vegas 2. Seemed like a pretty humble guy as to driving in NHRA. After making the excellent qualifying passes his comment was "sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut!"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back