This does not look promising (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Two weeks from today, they begin at Gainesville. And TAFC has 4!! entries. TAD only has 8. I understand there will be a few more, but for the first race of the year when nobody has broke yet, that doesn't set a good tone to the season for the top alcohol classes.

We should be okay, still a couple of weeks to go. Also noticed no Jasmine, Mike and Jianna on the list

The south east is real thin on alcohol cars, especially funny cars. The only way to increase participation is more prize money. Even then it isn’t a profitable class to run.

from TS and TD, to PM, outlaw cars, radial cars, etc. ...... lots of different ways to go fast these days that weren't available back in the 90's.

The defending champ in TA/FC Matt Gill, posted on their Facebook page they would not be attending either the divisional or the Gators due to business commitments.

THIS did not just start At least last 30yrs. next move on the outside they can't move far away from the line.

As long as I can remember (mid 90s) the alky cars have been pitted past the finish line into the grass/dirt

There are a number of teams that have stated if they have to park in the grass/dirt/mud etc they will not go. We spend typically 400-600 dollars in Gainesville alone on plywood and tarps just to combat the pit spot. I believe that is keeping a lot of racers away.
Forecast isn't looking swell either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back