Good news. For only the 2nd time this year.... (1 Viewer)

Both TAD and TAFC have full fields signed up. Both classes hit the mark for Vegas.

TAD currently has 21 and TAFC has 16. Maybe a few more will enter before next Monday's deadline.
That is great news!

Just checked the list, Mike Coughlin is entered as well, I know he has a real fast TD, has he ever ran in TAD before? Pretty cool. Also, the fuel classes are 20 and 21 cars I believe, going to be a great show if you like dragsters and funny cars.

Call me weird or whatever, but one of the most enjoyable things for me, is watching alcohol rd. 1 elims on a Saturday night in Vegas.
Rd 1 used to be around 5 or 6pm and would be followed by the other sportsmen categories. Looks like they got it programmed for 2pm this year and rd. 2 later.

again......why aren't the finals held in vegas?
Not this year, but that might happen next year. I talked to a long distance truck driver last week and he stated he couldn't drive his truck in California due to EPA strict restrictions. And he a was driving a fairly new Kenworth (I asked what year was it and before he answered he got a phone call). That made me wonder, what about the racers transporters. Are they having to do a bunch of upgrades/modifications to the transporters to be able to get to the races? This might be a hard pill to swallow for the low budget racers.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, hey NHRA maybe it's time to think about moving to a more "user friendly" state.

Just checked the list, Mike Coughlin is entered as well, I know he has a real fast TD, has he ever ran in TAD before? Pretty cool. Also, the fuel classes are 20 and 21 cars I believe, going to be a great show if you like dragsters and funny cars.
Coughlin was making runs in the McPhillips dragster following Charlotte. I’m assuming that is the car he will be driving in Vegas.

Not this year, but that might happen next year. I talked to a long distance truck driver last week and he stated he couldn't drive his truck in California due to EPA strict restrictions. And he a was driving a fairly new Kenworth (I asked what year was it and before he answered he got a phone call). That made me wonder, what about the racers transporters. Are they having to do a bunch of upgrades/modifications to the transporters to be able to get to the races? This might be a hard pill to swallow for the low budget racers.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, hey NHRA maybe it's time to think about moving to a more "user friendly" state.
Quite a few years back, a few of the rigs were denied access through Calif due to being oversized, I think Torrance was one. They had to flatbed the trailer out of the state....moving to the next year, CA allowed special permits for these rigs.

Eugene may be able to share some light on this

Quite a few years back, a few of the rigs were denied access through Calif due to being oversized, I think Torrance was one. They had to flatbed the trailer out of the state....moving to the next year, CA allowed special permits for these rigs.

Eugene may be able to share some light on this
Cal has always had some crazy length laws. Our truck/trailers there were always way different than any other state. I think the problem they had was the 53' trailers. If you get off the interstates that's where it really gets tough.

CA at one time had a Motorsports exemption for length as long as the king pin to rear axle of the trailer wasn't any more than 48'. I used to carry the CA DOT printout with me because the field officers had no clue. My rig at the time was 81' long. I got pulled over on the way back from Las Vegas several years ago when I was just inside the state line and got measured. The officer already ordered a flatbed for my trailer and had to cancel it when I showed him the CA DOT exemption.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back