Indy entry list ( TAFC not looking good) (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Overall, entries look solid in most classes compared with other races except TAFC. Is the deadline tomorrow the 27th? As of 2pm eastern time, only 15 are entered. In contrast, TAD has a solid 26 entries.

I noticed that Shane Westerfield is not on the list...but I did notice the return of Lex Joon in TF.

We ran Indy a couple of times with my TA/FC. Marc White drove for me the last time we were there in 2004. The problem for sportsman racers on the west coast is one, maybe two runs a day for 4 days, with sessions either preceded by or cancelled due to rain and possible event delays with 5-6 crewmembers who all took off work to be there. One race we had 30 yards of gravel dumped in our pit after one of the larger storms, just to bring our pit surface above the water level so we could work on the car. The gravel was full of powdered white gypsum that got tracked into my trailer even though we bought sheets of plywood and plastic to cover the gravel. It was a major mess.

Ok let's start letting them run A/Fuel funny cars. (Ain't gonna happen, I know. Just beating a dead horse)

Ok let's start letting them run A/Fuel funny cars. (Ain't gonna happen, I know. Just beating a dead horse)

Didn't former racer Scott Wiess run an A-fuel funny car in the IHRA? I think the other racers whined and cried until the IHRA caved and banned it. Like heaven forbid someone brings out a car that is cool and performs good. :rolleyes:

Didn't former racer Scott Wiess run an A-fuel funny car in the IHRA? I think the other racers whined and cried until the IHRA caved and banned it. Like heaven forbid someone brings out a car that is cool and performs good. :rolleyes:

Yes he did, and the car just stomped the alky cars. I seem to remember the car going into the 5.80's (?). I think it got banned cuz it was so much quicker than alky.

Also if Gary is driving for Lindberg that will be a fast ride. Remember Lindberg was first into the 5.30's at over 270, so he knows how to run alky.

Yes he did, and the car just stomped the alky cars. I seem to remember the car going into the 5.80's (?). I think it got banned cuz it was so much quicker than alky.

Also if Gary is driving for Lindberg that will be a fast ride. Remember Lindberg was first into the 5.30's at over 270, so he knows how to run alky.

I think Scott ran as quick as 5.74 with the injected FC. It is a topic that has been beaten to death, but with all the years that NHRA has in the bank running the 2 combos in TAD, I don’t think it would take long to achieve parity in the TAFC class.

I am a big blown alky fan, but if the injected nitro cars could run w/o restrictions, they'd go into the 4.90's pretty easy, and be knocking on the door of 300. I think a blown alky car could run 5.0's at close to 290 w/o restrictions, but that's just my guess.

I am a big blown alky fan, but if the injected nitro cars could run w/o restrictions, they'd go into the 4.90's pretty easy, and be knocking on the door of 300. I think a blown alky car could run 5.0's at close to 290 w/o restrictions, but that's just my guess.

I think if A Fuel cars were allowed the same CI, clutch & fuel system management the big show cars have, they'd be going a hell of a lot quicker and faster that 4.90's and well over 300 mph. I think it's conceivable that they could run as quick as 4.70's at 310-315.

I think if A Fuel cars were allowed the same CI, clutch & fuel system management the big show cars have, they'd be going a hell of a lot quicker and faster that 4.90's and well over 300 mph. I think it's conceivable that they could run as quick as 4.70's at 310-315.
I think A/FDs could run into the 4.90s with resrictions lifted, 4.70s I’m not so sure. IHRA let the injected cars run in TF with no restrictions several years ago, and I don’t think anyone ever ran anything exciting. Of course, given time, I’m sure combos would evolve that would work. Having said all that, I still would love to see Injected Fuel FCs run against the blown alky cars once again. It sure would spice things up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back