The Shoe Speaks (1 Viewer)

Speaking as someone who as a child was almost hit by trucks and trailers over a dozen times in the pits, I'd have to say that you are incorrect.

Well since I have been going since 1990 I can't think of any other instance where a PRO racer's rig left the track that early on a Sunday! I can't speak for which races or track your referring to!

Well since I have been going since 1990 I can't think of any other instance where a PRO racer's rig left the track that early on a Sunday! I can't speak for which races or track your referring to!

Ah I got it now. Since you have never seen it, it must have never happened. Pro racers used to leave on Sunday all the time. Why else do you think that it was necessary to make a rule forbidding it?

Mike,

I remember guys losing first round and trying to get packed up in time to get out during second round of the Pro's while the pit traffic was at the minimum. If they didn't get out fast enough, they would have the pits blocked so that the second round winners had to wait for them to clear out. By the semis the place would be half empty. That was the weekly norm.

Alan

Joe, it used to be the norm at Ennis and Baytown too.

I remember the Snake telling the story about Mongoose finding out what time they were going to run first round so he would know what time to book his flight out!!!:D

Ah I got it now. Since you have never seen it, it must have never happened. Pro racers used to leave on Sunday all the time. Why else do you think that it was necessary to make a rule forbidding it?

Yeah your right, if I didn't see it....it couldn't have Possibly Happened! :p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back