Shoe/AB Final Denver (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
So, I will be the one to go there just because it's done to JFR every damn time a situation like this comes up....Team orders? Yes? No? Tony needed to get into the Traxxas Shootout so I am going to say yes. I don't care if THE DON said it doesn't happen, I believe it does and I do not blame them one bit. It is a business and you do what is good for that business.

Anything is possible for sure, but I think it was more of a case of Oswald and the Matco team getting too aggressive with the setup. Here's my thinking why. Steve Torrence had the best car all weekend as he ran low e.t. in all four rounds of qualifying. In the first round Schumacher ran low e.t. of eliminations, 3.78 and Torrence ran a 3.84. These two matched up in the second round and I think both crew chiefs were thinking the other team would hit a home run so they needed to as well. Torrence smoked the tires and Schumacher had a bad run as well (I think 4.05 @ 275) but he got the win. Did Torrence take a dive after making four perfect runs in qualifying and a solid first round run? I don't think so, I think they just got too aggressive on a track that was the hottest they'd seen all weekend. Fast forward to the finals. There was cloud cover and a brief rain delay that helped cool things a bit beforehand. I'm guessing Oswald and team thought the Army team would be able to run something close to what they did in round 1. Thinking Tony would probably run a .78 or .79, Oswald probably tried to run a .77 or .78 even though Antron had 'only' run 3.87, 3.84, and 3.82 in eliminations. So my theory is it wasn't a dive, just Oswald and team getting a bit too aggressive.

Anything is possible for sure, but I think it was more of a case of Oswald and the Matco team getting too aggressive with the setup. Here's my thinking why. Steve Torrence had the best car all weekend as he ran low e.t. in all four rounds of qualifying. In the first round Schumacher ran low e.t. of eliminations, 3.78 and Torrence ran a 3.84. These two matched up in the second round and I think both crew chiefs were thinking the other team would hit a home run so they needed to as well. Torrence smoked the tires and Schumacher had a bad run as well (I think 4.05 @ 275) but he got the win. Did Torrence take a dive after making four perfect runs in qualifying and a solid first round run? I don't think so, I think they just got too aggressive on a track that was the hottest they'd seen all weekend. Fast forward to the finals. There was cloud cover and a brief rain delay that helped cool things a bit beforehand. I'm guessing Oswald and team thought the Army team would be able to run something close to what they did in round 1. Thinking Tony would probably run a .78 or .79, Oswald probably tried to run a .77 or .78 even though Antron had 'only' run 3.87, 3.84, and 3.82 in eliminations. So my theory is it wasn't a dive, just Oswald and team getting a bit too aggressive.
What would Torrence gain by taking a dive? He doesn't drive for the Dark Side.

Why in the hell would Torrence take a dive from Schumacher?

Lynn, at one time some people thought the world was flat, so you can believe whatever you tell yourself, but it doesn't mean you're right.

Last edited:
That's kind of my point Lynn. Torrence has no affiliation with Schumacher racing, plus he made four perfect runs in qualifying, and a good run in the first round, yet he still went up in smoke against Tony in round 2. So I'm saying if a car that was running as great as Torrence's was could go up in smoke so could Antron's or anyone else's. No diving or team orders were in play. Oswald simply missed on the tune up in the final just like Richard Hogan missed on the tune up in round 2.

That's kind of my point Lynn. Torrence has no affiliation with Schumacher racing, plus he made four perfect runs in qualifying, and a good run in the first round, yet he still went up in smoke against Tony in round 2. So I'm saying if a car that was running as great as Torrence's was could go up in smoke so could Antron's or anyone else's. No diving or team orders were in play. Oswald simply missed on the tune up in the final just like Richard Hogan missed on the tune up in round 2.
I'm sticking with the conspiracy theory, because it gets done to Force every time lol.

So, I will be the one to go there just because it's done to JFR every damn time a situation like this comes up....Team orders? Yes? No? Tony needed to get into the Traxxas Shootout so I am going to say yes. I don't care if THE DON said it doesn't happen, I believe it does and I do not blame them one bit. It is a business and you do what is good for that business.
Nah, the dive was in the semi's when Hight went red on purpose to let Courtney win. lol Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) In all reality, if we were in the Countdown and Tony needed the points vs. a non team car I would absolutely buy in to your theory.

Nah, the dive was in the semi's when Hight went red on purpose to let Courtney win. lol Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) In all reality, if we were in the Countdown and Tony needed the points vs. a non team car I would absolutely buy in to your theory.
Again, why would a non DSR car take a dive for a DSR car? Also, I'm not talking about taking a dive. I'm talking about team orders issued by the team owner, in this case Don ordering the Matco team to stand down. In a JFR situation, it would be a dive/team order since the boss drives. I just don't see AB willingly taking a dive for anyone. Just my opinion...

I don't think A.J. would have one of his tuned dragster take a dive for D.S.R. But if I was the Don I would tell the Matco team to stand down. It's not the countdown and what is the difference in points between a semi and a final. I don't think Don would order that but I would because the more dragsters I have in the shoot out, the better chance to win.

I don't think A.J. would have one of his tuned dragster take a dive for D.S.R. But if I was the Don I would tell the Matco team to stand down. It's not the countdown and what is the difference in points between a semi and a final. I don't think Don would order that but I would because the more dragsters I have in the shoot out, the better chance to win.
You don't think The Shoe would do that? I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona. lol

lets be honest, a dive is hard to spot in nitro racing, since they smoke the tires half the time anyway. Of course, had Antron cut a really lousy light and immediately headed straight for the guard wall at the hit of the green then ...........

Man all you guys are missing his point about Torrence. All he means is the best car on the property smoked the tires in E2. Why would it have to come down to it being team orders for AB to smoke em in the finals? This is nitro racing, smoke happens.

lets be honest, a dive is hard to spot in nitro racing, since they smoke the tires half the time anyway. Of course, had Antron cut a really lousy light and immediately headed straight for the guard wall at the hit of the green then ...........
Apples and oranges, John doesn't tell other team members to dive. He is the one to do the diving when it happens, and since he is the owner/driver he can do that.

Man all you guys are missing his point about Torrence. All he means is the best car on the property smoked the tires in E2. Why would it have to come down to it being team orders for AB to smoke em in the finals? This is nitro racing, smoke happens.
Because all DSR cars make it in the shootout, that's why. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that's why....

If Don wanted all cars to be in the shootout, Capps would have lost to Beckman in first round. Beckman can only make it in if he's the points leader after Brainerd (without the lottery) , and yesterday really hurt those odds.

Okay, lets talk conspiracy...
- Arguably the two biggest names in Fuel racing just happen to win on the first live broadcast on a major broadcast network, one of which hasn't seen the winner's circle in over a year.
- The Non-Factory backed Mopar Pro Stock driver magically gets it together to win the Mopar sponsored race when no one but KB has won yet this year.

Am I missing anything else?

Okay, lets talk conspiracy...
- Arguably the two biggest names in Fuel racing just happen to win on the first live broadcast on a major broadcast network, one of which hasn't seen the winner's circle in over a year.
- The Non-Factory backed Mopar Pro Stock driver magically gets it together to win the Mopar sponsored race when no one but KB has won yet this year.

Am I missing anything else?

It`s racing on the mountain, anything can happen. But, I`ll play along, if there really was a conspiracy in play yesterday, then wouldn`t you think Leah would`ve fared a little better? You know, new Mopar TF car at Mopars race and all.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back