team summit and the pit "curtains" (1 Viewer)

ramblerjay

Nitro Member
i searched for, but surprisingly didn't find any posts about greg anderson and jason line's pit areas being walled off at norwalk with curtains. it was mentioned in jon asher's article on compplus...

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - SUMMIT NATIONALS - ALREADY A CLASSIC

i didn't see it personally, but if it was walled off then i'm even happier that neither one made it past round two. how proud can that make their fans feel when they come to an event only to be shunned by those who think they're too great to allow their fans to watch? think of the loss of excitement if all teams did that. hopefully this is a sign of that team's arrogance rather than a sign of things to come throughout the nhra pits.

i'm a fan of the KB team and i even think that is a crappy idea. I wasn't at the race so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they only had the curtain pulled just for short periods of time when sensitive engine work needed to be done.

i've seen them hanging in other teams pits but they were mostly for bad weither conditions.... when ESPN was in their pits i didn't notice them hanging up.. but.. idid notice that when ESPN was filming that certin areas ofthe car were covered mostly aroundthe firewall and rear of the engines....

Billy

Were both ends blocked by curtains? Maybe it's just me but this pic looks like it's the FAR end or the end where they parked their personal transportation. Nothing wrong with blocking off the far end (the end away from the main pit traffic)
asher_norwalk_14.jpg

I didn't notice it when I was there Sunday but I'm not a fan of them so I didn't go by it either. I saw there pit just not up close

They are in an island of sorts with I beleive the AJ/Stevens team along the back side making a 4 team square.

Man if there weren't already enough rumors and specualtions about parts I bet there is now.

Wasn't it AA who put a towel over something on Kenny's car back in the 80's just to get in people's heads? Maybe this is their way of playing mind games

The First Time I ever saw a Pit curtain was at Pomona around 98-99. It wasn't a Pro car, it was Todd Paton's Alky FC!

Unless its something new, that is the rear of the pits...However, they do have the engine area of gregs car blocked off...Pic taken at Route 66...

ASIDSC01577.JPG

KB Racing does hang the Curtains on the front end of the Transporter. In '05 at Indy our Trucks were parked nose to nose. I had the Coach backed in next to my Truck and noticed I could see their Pit Spot through the Back-up Camera in the Coach. They put the Curtains up when the cars came out. When I ran into Jason later that day I asked him how we supposed to watch through the Back-up Camera with those Curtains up? He got a good laugh out of it...

Wasn't it AA who put a towel over something on Kenny's car back in the 80's just to get in people's heads? Maybe this is their way of playing mind games

It was Lee Beard that put the green towel over Gary Ormsby's throttle pedal.
I think he was doing something with the rear wing and everyone was focused on that certain area of the car they didn't realize he was changing other things:)

It was Lee Beard that put the green towel over Gary Ormsby's throttle pedal.
I think he was doing something with the rear wing and everyone was focused on that certain area of the car they didn't realize he was changing other things:)

I believe they were 'hiding' a new fuel pump.

Watch this towel and don't pay attention to anything on the engine. LOL

Also, if I recall correctly G.O. had some killer RTs during this time as well.

Didn't Prudhomme's crewchief do something similar with a N2O line running into the front of a fuel pump back in the late 1970's or early 80's? Everyone knows that you cannot run N2O like this but it sure did stir folks up.

EDB

Didn't Bob Glidden crawl out of his car after a pretty serious crash just so he could put his driving jacket over his intake set up?

I can remember at Bandimeres back in the early 80`s, Warren Johnson doing some work on his car with a crew guy just barely holding the hood open and Warren reaching in.

It's not just KB racing wanting to screen the view of their parts/components. Many in Pro Stock have taken measures to block the view of their parts. As competitive as this class has become, you must have some tricks up your sleeve or you are already behind.

Yeah,
I can remember being in the Dodge Boys pit and having an uncontrolable desire to laugh when they would fire the motor!!!:D:D;)

At Englishtown they had a setup that looked like a black shower curtain around the engine bay of the car. It attached to the trailer and draped over the car at the firewall, Then it curved about 3 feet beyond the passenger side fender. I was amused and snuck around the back side of the transporter where the blue curtains were and poked my video cam through only to find they had another curtain around the front about 4 feet past the car nose attached to the trailer. nothing to see so i didn't even hit record.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back