Sponsor exposure and the Kalitta Boycott (1 Viewer)

Re: The Kalitta Boycott

I was asking a question in an effort to understand the intended message of the individual.

You questioned/attacked them personally with "Are you one of those people......who want a life......."

Again, right after you told them they were entitled to their opinion. You're trying to say there's something wrong with them with a ridiculous question/word game.

Okay, so...your opinion is different than mine on this issue. What is it that's wrong with you? :D

(I'm just trying to understand the intended message of the individual. I'm NOT attacking him personally)

Last edited:

You questioned/attacked them personally with "Are you one of those people......who want a life......."

Again, right after you told them they were entitled to their opinion. You're trying to say there's something wrong with them with a ridiculous question/word game.

Okay, so...you're opinion is different than mine on this issue. What is it that's wrong with you? :D

(I'm just trying to understand the intended message of the individual)

My point in this whole situation is that people are taking a stand on this topic without any facts to back up their views. People can speculate all they want, but until you have facts, the speculation is meaningless. We can go back and forth on this topic all you want, but I would rather debate something we can actually have an impact on.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I am a person who likes to see how everything works out before I pass judgment. Why does it "sucks ass"?? Are you one of those people who want a life like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day and can not accept a little change to entertain your imagination?

I gotta hit this one again because of that last sentence. If people tell you they don't like the countdown, while giving you their REASONS for not liking it, do you actually think you're going to change their minds and get them to stop being outspoken....(ahem, sorry, that's only for Whit Bazemore)....BASHING...(how's that? :D ) it by asking if they're people who can't accept a little change to entertain their imagination?

Is anything ever changed that you have reasons for disagreeing with? Would you want people questioning YOU (and not just your opinion) with stuff like that? I hope not.

Reminds me of Jon Asher complaining that that people were being outspoken (???) against Whit Bazemore's being "outspoken" because they were "conservative." If you can't beat the message, go after the messenger.

Excuse all the Whit Bazemore analogies but, it's the last time I remember people as a whole being personally attacked for their opinions here.

Okay, so...your opinion is different than mine on this issue. What is it that's wrong with you? :D

(I'm just trying to understand the intended message of the individual. I'm NOT attacking him personally)

If a moderator's going to delete part of my post, please, delete the whole damn thing. I can't make a ridiculous analogy for the purpose of example as this person already did when they were really doing it to someone's name?

There was paragraph after that smilie. I took an obviously ridiculous guess at what's wrong with Paul as he already did concerning what's wrong with someone opposed to the countdown.

Last edited:

My point in this whole situation is that people are taking a stand on this topic without any facts to back up their views. People can speculate all they want, but until you have facts, the speculation is meaningless. We can go back and forth on this topic all you want, but I would rather debate something we can actually have an impact on.

Are the rules of the coundown facts or aren't they?

Intelligent people disagreed with this from day one (just as intelligent people agreed with it--not people who have something wrong with them as you indicate the people who disagree with you have) with REASONS.

I think you're saying that what's important to you and what should be important to eveyrone else is ratings alone? Is that what you keep calling "facts"?

I wouldn't care if every driver finished in exaclty the same points position they would have for the next five years and it provided tighter finishes and higher ratings. If one driver could be screwed by it, then to me it would always be wrong. What I consider to be integrity is more important than any ratings. I don't need a season's worth of what I consider to be "wrong" to know that.

Last edited:

Are the rules of the coundown facts or aren't they?

Intelligent people disagreed with this from day one (just as intelligent people agreed with it--not people who have something wrong with them as you indicate the people who disagree with you have) with REASONS.

I think you're saying that what's important to you and what should be important to eveyrone else is ratings alone? Is that what you keep calling "facts"?

People disagreed with the Countdown because they thought it was going to ruin the sport. I have said since day one, I will wait and see what the impact will be before I will say this is horrible for the sport. This is more about ratings, it is about providing exposure to the sport and generating excitement which should increase viewers and crowds. A good example where championship battles draw people is the World Series. I do not really watch baseball all year long, but I will watch the World Series because it is the championship battle and the games mean something. If the championship is a runaway, people are less likely to tune in. Another example is the F-1 championship this year, I watched the last race of the year because I was interested on who was going to win the championship. When Michael Schumacher was dominating F-1, I would never watch because the championship race was over. The Countdown ensures there will be excitement for the championship at the end of the year and hopefully will add some exposure to the sport. Look at the attention that was given to the cars battling for 8th in Reading, that would have never occurred before. I know this format is not for all die-hard fans, but I am one who will support the Countdown until I have a reason to not support the format.

Ron...

People Attacked Whit?????

Man, that's like people being against Multi-car teams,
sorry, had to turn the audiocast down......

or people that think any of this really Maters... and why does it sound like we're about ready to have a WWE cage match?

Okay, Hype over... Cranking the audiocast back up...

Ya know, in the last 40 plus years, I've learned to ignore Hype... you want to sell me on something, don't yell at me, tell me why it's better, not that it's New and Improved... How it is improved... The Powerade Guys are the main Reason I'll never Buy Powerade... show me figures how the countdown has improved drag racing, and how this is more than normal growth and how this is better for for the sponsors...

sorry for the rant...

Well Paul, debate by putting reasons up against reasons all you want. I came into this thread days after it started and I must be the anal one to care about you suggesting/questioning that about someone when nobody else seemed to care. I think that is much more important than anything we're disagreeing about. It's important enough that someone deleted my doing the same thing to you when it was obviously, again, a ridiculous example in which I was guessing about the psychological makeup of you. I mean, if we were to all go down that road, what would all debates turn into?

People disagreed with the Countdown because they thought it was going to ruin the sport. I have said since day one, I will wait and see what the impact will be before I will say this is horrible for the sport. This is more about ratings, it is about providing exposure to the sport and generating excitement which should increase viewers and crowds. A good example where championship battles draw people is the World Series. I do not really watch baseball all year long, but I will watch the World Series because it is the championship battle and the games mean something. If the championship is a runaway, people are less likely to tune in. Another example is the F-1 championship this year, I watched the last race of the year because I was interested on who was going to win the championship. When Michael Schumacher was dominating F-1, I would never watch because the championship race was over. The Countdown ensures there will be excitement for the championship at the end of the year and hopefully will add some exposure to the sport. Look at the attention that was given to the cars battling for 8th in Reading, that would have never occurred before. I know this format is not for all die-hard fans, but I am one who will support the Countdown until I have a reason to not support the format.

Sorry Paul, the excitement ended at Reading!

All that is fine. You have your reasons and I could disagree with you. Should I suggest that there's something wrong with you for having your reasons, though? That's my point. What? As long as I start out by telling you that you're entitled to your opinion?

Hey, Rex Lawler and I are best of friends and we're 180 degrees on this. We've NEVER said anything in disrespect to the other about it, though.

Last edited:
Ron...

People Attacked Whit?????

Man, that's like people being against Multi-car teams,
sorry, had to turn the audiocast down......

or people that think any of this really Maters... and why does it sound like we're about ready to have a WWE cage match?

Okay, Hype over... Cranking the audiocast back up...

Ya know, in the last 40 plus years, I've learned to ignore Hype... you want to sell me on something, don't yell at me, tell me why it's better, not that it's New and Improved... How it is improved... The Powerade Guys are the main Reason I'll never Buy Powerade... show me figures how the countdown has improved drag racing, and how this is more than normal growth and how this is better for for the sponsors...

sorry for the rant...

LOL, I'm still waiting for the sliderule analysis on the proper method for determining the ideal number of teams one owner can have. I still think it should be three or five. :)

Paul,
I respectfully disagree

I have never watched any form of racing because of a points race... I've always have watched for the racing and if one car blows off the field, so much the better... that's why we race... I stopped watching NASCAR 5 years ago... because the racing got boring... and it was "The Talk" at work and no one had a clue what they were talking about... Out of all those 'Fans' only one still follows NASCAR... and he was *itching to me the other day that the 24 car has been robbed of two championships since the 'Chase' and he's going to stop watching, that if he wanted to watch 'rasling, he'd watch WWE...

What's really funny, people come in my office, see my Wallpaper on my puter and say... "Oh, I watch NASCAR, too..." (my wallpaper is normally the flopper that won the last Event)... If this is the fan base we're chasing, I'll just skip my Nitro fix until the HYPE is over... listen to the Audiocast, watch on ESPN2... and wait until the idiots fine something else to do... bigger ain't always better... :eek:

How about we start 2 seperate threads about the countdown...........if you love it, go sing it's praises over there.............if you hate it, fire away!

You are right Karl!

I F-ing HATE the countdown!!! I am so proud of them standing up to the media and the nay-sayers!

All that is fine. You have your reasons and I could disagree with you. Should I suggest that there's something wrong with you for having your reasons, though? That's my point. What? As long as I start out by telling you that you're entitled to your opinion?

Hey, Rex Lawler and I are best of friends and we're 180 degrees on this. We've NEVER said anything in disrespect to the other about it, though.

Yes.......that is true.......we are.

But I'll tell you the "real" reason;)

If we did Shirley would instantly and simultainiously be behind both of us smacking us both up the backside of our heads:eek::D

REX

6:15 cst, 1st qual. rnd. results on DRC
23 FC's
23 TF's
26 PS's
19 PSB's
healthy fields i'd say.

Last edited:
5:40 cst, 1st qual. rnd. results on DRC
23 FC's
26 PS's
19 PSB's
healthy fields i'd say.

Hey Hey Hey..............c'mon now.

Just possibly perhaps maybe there might not be in the future you never can be sure probably next year you'll see I'll tell you just wait.............uhhhhhhh........uhhhhhhhhh

"THE COUNTDOWN SUCKS":)

fer sure.....................

You'll see............sniff...............

REX:p

Hey Hey Hey..............c'mon now.

Just possibly perhaps maybe there might not be in the future you never can be sure probably next year you'll see I'll tell you just wait.............uhhhhhhh........uhhhhhhhhh

"THE COUNTDOWN SUCKS":)

fer sure.....................

You'll see............sniff...............

REX:p

Your postings are getting annoying!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back