Sponsor exposure and the Kalitta Boycott (1 Viewer)

Re: The Kalitta Boycott

The Countdown format may be tweaked, but I would be shocked if the NHRA went back to the old format. I can see you are a sensitive person, so I will try to be on my best behavior from now on because I do not want to disrespect my elders. You still have not answered my question, what can you do about Countdown since it is so bad for the sport? I will let you answer this even though I can answer the question for you.

Now I'm a "sensitive person." Amazing. You apparently dont see any problem with any of the ways you've described other members here.

What did I say in the very first sentence of my reply to you? Can you not see that? "What do you EXPECT......"

How about you don't disrespect anyone?

Last edited:

Now I'm a "sensitive person." Amazing. You apparently dont see any problem with any of the ways you've described other members here.

What did I say in the very first sentence of my reply to you? Can you not see that? "What do you EXPECT......"

I saw you first sentence, but the fact is there is nothing you can do to change the Countdown. Sure you can express your opinion on why you do not like it, but at the end of the day opinions can not change the Countdown and this has been my point all along. I know you find any adjective offensive so I will try not to classify you or anyone else with one. Those who continue to tell everyone the Countdown sucks in every thread are like a broken record and once that stops then people like myself and Rex will not have rebut why the Countdown does not suck.

Edit... I see you are constantly editing your posts, so I will respond to you disrespect quote. If you find what I have said as disrespectful, then I do not know what to tell you because trust me this is far from disrespectful, abrasive yes, disrespectful no. I would hate to see you in New York City if you find me disrespectful, you have not seen anything yet.

Ya know...I could combine all the threads that have eventually reached this point..but there would only be recipes left.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE RECIPES..that's good stuff.

Let me run the code again:

<head>
function test() {
// original bitch about countdown

}
</head>
<body>
<a href="javascript: void test();">Run</a>
<bitch about the original bitch about countdown "

</body>

Repeat as necessary.

Ya know...I could combine all the threads that have eventually reached this point..but there would only be recipes left.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE RECIPES..that's good stuff.

Let me run the code again:

<head>
function test() {
// original bitch about countdown

}
</head>
<body>
<a href="javascript: void test();">Run</a>
<bitch about the original bitch about countdown "

</body>

Repeat as necessary.

I here you David! I feel like PJ all of the sudden constantly defending why I support the Countdown. I am done for tonight, I don't want to hurt any more feelings tonight.

I saw you first sentence, but the fact is there is nothing you can do to change the Countdown. Sure you can express your opinion on why you do not like it, but at the end of the day opinions can not change the Countdown and this has been my point all along. I know you find any adjective offensive so I will try not to classify you or anyone else with one. Those who continue to tell everyone the Countdown sucks in every thread are like a broken record and once that stops then people like myself and Rex will not have rebut why the Countdown does not suck.

Edit... I see you are constantly editing your posts, so I will respond to you disrespect quote. If you find what I have said as disrespectful, then I do not know what to tell you because trust me this is far from disrespectful. I would hate to see you in New York City if you find me disrespectful, you have not seen anything yet.

"I know you find any adjective offensive......"

Are you ABLE to communicate without doing this? I edited a couple of typos in my last posts. I have not deleted anything.

If you think you're far from disrespectful then you're not paying attention to the way most everyone else here communicates. As far as the Northeast goes, I make deliveries from Jersey to Mass every week and, yes, I give respect and expect it from everyone I come into contact with. I do NOT have that problem with people from your part of the country in general. That's a lame excuse. What? "Oh, where I'm from sucks so, I get to suck." B.S.

"I know you find any adjective offensive......"

Are you ABLE to communicate without doing this?

Sorry, but I call it like I see it. If I think someone is nice, I will say so. If I think someone is rude, I will say so. If I think someone is sensitive, I will say so. Do you get the point? If you find that disrespectful, then I do not know what to tell you other then get some thicker skin. If you would like to continue this discussion, please do so in a PM out of respect to the people who could care less about people getting their feelings hurt.

It really is getting absurd..and it's not about the debate (or lack of) the Countdown anymore..it ends up being how we present ourselves in the opinion we have for the Countdown..pffft..we need to get a grip.

It's beyond that now..and has regressed to the playground. (DID NOT...DID..DID NOT)

Hey..I love all yuz guys..Paul..Ron..Rex..PJ and all those I missed. But there needs to be a lid on it..or it needs to go to the Politics room..LOL

OK..I'll say it..it's getting old fast.

Although derailed this is interesting, Ron caught Paul Miller in his contradictions. Ron Dunlop has pretty sound reasoning. Miller calls them as he sees them while telling everyone else to wait for the facts -- the other stuff Ron already mentioned. Why is this relevant...because I would like to hear a compelling argument for the Countdown.

All championships are contrived in the sense that they start with some arbitrary season opening and ending period, and teams peaking later do well if they make the playoffs. So what?

The television package is our main conduit to the sport and the amount of obvious disingenuous hype (IMO) trying to cram the countdown down my throat is so out of tune with other sources of NHRA drag racing news that it appears desperate to me. I am really less interested in the champion as I am in good racing. I like the idea of a champion, as a measure of success, but it is far from the whole of the drag racing experience. Unfortunately the reality of the racing and the racing personalities has been seeming more like the unreality we know as reality tv. That's a marketing problem.

For the record: (and I've felt the need to mention this about a dozen times in recent months)

This is NOT my son Paul Miller or any known relation whatsoever. My sons are a lot of things but nothing like this guy. Please so note!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread derailments.

It really is getting absurd..and it's not about the debate (or lack of) the Countdown anymore..it ends up being how we present ourselves in the opinion we have for the Countdown..pffft..we need to get a grip.

It's beyond that now..and has regressed to the playground. (DID NOT...DID..DID NOT)

Hey..I love all yuz guys..Paul..Ron..Rex..PJ and all those I missed. But there needs to be a lid on it..or it needs to go to the Politics room..LOL

OK..I'll say it..it's getting old fast.

Actually......yeah.

How about a "Countdown room" :)

I'm not making any excuses however I went for nearly a year without any comment on this even though I was a supporter.

The Mantra droning on and on about "fake champs" finally got to me and I had enough.

The men and women out there risking their lives and working their collective asses off deserve better than that from the peanut gallery.

That is the single most offensive aspect of this whole debate to me.......and IMO.......very demeaning to the poster.

Shows their lack of any class at all.

And if all you can come up with is "The Countdown sucks" for your arguement.......

ya' need a brain transplant.

All I have said is it needs time to play out....... but, personally I like it.

JMHO

OK..........off the soapbox.........curtain coming down..........................

our sport/entertainment that we love, i think is very close to very big things.
optimist? you're damn rite.
will the 'new points' remain? stay the same? change? who cares;
it's a start (a start that i like by the way).
i'll go out on a limb and predict the 2009 season will be the 'break-out' year;
next year will be as evolutionary as the rear-engine TF'er.

now, something tells me this will be hinged on the HDP investment
coming to fruition. These guys don't need the money, they need
the challenge and that's what drives them.
I sincerely hope NHRA, HDP, the racers/teams and the suppliers will profit immensely in future.
once the wave starts, everyone will want to jump on.

ok - the nascar comparison.
yes, the wave will swell, but when it dimishes it will be at a higher
level than when it started. (reason for investment)
i still believe that drag racing is a niche' sport, whether competing
nationwide at the sportsman level or entertaining the masses at the
professional level; we can lead the horse to the water, but not every
horse will remain thirsty; i just think there's more thirsty horses out there.
example: see 'what do you do for a living' thread in lounge section.
amazing what we all do every day, incredibly intelligent cross section
of people

"You know, when you look at the Countdown situation and consider that they’re always trying to compare us to stick and ball sports, it’s not the same at all. When the playoffs begin in baseball or football, the teams that don’t make it don’t play any more" - Jim O

I 've been making that argument since Nascar started this bullcrap.

And that is the basic bottom line foundation of mud this whole thing is built on. You want a playoff? Have a playoff. Top 8 cars, one race.

you know, like 1974.

"You know, when you look at the Countdown situation and consider that they’re always trying to compare us to stick and ball sports, it’s not the same at all. When the playoffs begin in baseball or football, the teams that don’t make it don’t play any more" - Jim O

I 've been making that argument since Nascar started this bullcrap.

And that is the basic bottom line foundation of mud this whole thing is built on. You want a playoff? Have a playoff. Top 8 cars, one race.

you know, like 1974.

They want both, though. 16 car fields slugging it out to the very end to make each event a show in itself AND an artificially tight "points" race.

I remember a fuel owner/driver at an IHRA event a few years ago. He made his one shot and was happy with his position. They complained that they wanted him to make more qualifying passes to entertain the crowd. He told them to put more money on the table. End of conversation.

The Mantra droning on and on about "fake champs" finally got to me and I had enough.

The men and women out there risking their lives and working their collective asses off deserve better than that from the peanut gallery.

As for the actual winning and losing of the championships, that will have been done under the rules that exist and is legitimate. The institution of those rules by NHRA is another story entirely. And Rex, keep in mind that you're not one bit less a member of "the peanut gallery" than anyone else here.

As for the actual winning and losing of the championships, that will have been done under the rules that exist and is legitimate. The institution of those rules by NHRA is another story entirely. And Rex, keep in mind that you're not one bit less a member of "the peanut gallery" than anyone else here.

I know I'm not:cool:

I am also not insulting hard working men and women either.

Case closed.

REX

ya know I just have to speak up for Paul here, despite being misguided on his countdown views :p I've never found him disrepectful. Granted his call for facts from us then counting his opinion as fact gets annoying but I'm sure I do the same to him. Overall I've found him to be a decent guy who does a good job standing up for the countdown (how much is nhra paying you:D) I can even respect his need for waiting to see how it pans out before making his choice. I for one know jumping off a cliff without a parachute is bad, but some people need to try it first to be sure.... Ya know this isn't sounding as nice as I intended it too:D

See just one more reason why the countdown is bad, its tearing the board apart. Can't we all just get along lol

ahhhh screw it back to the battle royal

ya know I just have to speak up for Paul here, despite being misguided on his countdown views :p I've never found him disrepectful. Granted his call for facts from us then counting his opinion as fact gets annoying but I'm sure I do the same to him. Overall I've found him to be a decent guy who does a good job standing up for the countdown (how much is nhra paying you:D) I can even respect his need for waiting to see how it pans out before making his choice. I for one know jumping off a cliff without a parachute is bad, but some people need to try it first to be sure.... Ya know this isn't sounding as nice as I intended it too:D

See just one more reason why the countdown is bad, its tearing the board apart. Can't we all just get along lol

ahhhh screw it back to the battle royal

Thanks PJ, after reading this I hate the Countdown now!! Just kidding.....

I can get real abrasive when debating something to death that no one can do anything about it.

I can get real abrasive when debating something to death that no one can do anything about it.

Not true Paul, YOU can do something about it.
I fear there will be two strong sides to this argument that will survive the year's end despite the outcome. As for me, after Dixon and Robert score enough points to win, I hope all round winners beyond that point come from outside the ranks of the "worthy foursomes."

Not true Paul, YOU can do something about it.
I fear there will be two strong sides to this argument that will survive the year's end despite the outcome. As for me, after Dixon and Robert score enough points to win, I hope all round winners beyond that point come from outside the ranks of the "worthy foursomes."

Yeah, if you are against it you can stop watching. Other then that, I can't see what people can do about it.

I would perfer Bernstein and Scelzi/Capps over Dixon and Robert:D.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back