Team Army (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't dispute anything he says, and I'm not saying that he is wrong, but I don't see anywhere in that quote where he said NHRA told him that, he just says it is happening. Sometimes perception is reality, and may be in this instance, but not always.

My question still is, why would they give the Suzuki's and Harley's 5 lbs. when they could have just as easily given them 10 lbs. to even out the weight and delay another adjustment "to keep the bikes at 6.90"?

Allegedly the Smith's were also notified of the 6.90 deal. I don't think NHRA's intent is secret.

I wouldn't dispute anything he says, and I'm not saying that he is wrong, but I don't see anywhere in that quote where he said NHRA told him that, he just says it is happening. Sometimes perception is reality, and may be in this instance, but not always.

My question still is, why would they give the Suzukis and Harleys 5 lbs. when they could have just as easily given them 10 lbs. to even out the weight and delay another adjustment "to keep the bikes at 6.90"?
You're right about that quote not specifically stating it's coming from NHRA, but it is coming from them.
Registered member said:
They told us in print, that if any style of bike goes quicker than 6.90 and or faster than 195....that they may add lbs or take away cubes. AND if a style of bike is slower than the rest....they may add Cubes and or take away lbs.
And I agree with you that playing around 5 lbs at a time isn't the way to enforce these rules. I am thinking/hoping that racer and fan outrage will cause the NHRA to back off on these rules.

And it is my guess that George is attempting to help fuel our outrage by making this information public. Maybe it will work. I sure hope so.

The best assessment of what is happening by far Dan!

Thanks a bunch, Bob. I really do appreciate your support.

I really feel that things are totally out of hand. I have a suspicion that to keep my current level of dedication to a sport I've followed for over 40 years I'm going to have to adjust the things that are important to me.

Maybe it's progress, but it sure looks like a crying shame right now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back