Team Army (1 Viewer)

They should just take the 10lbs back off the Buells and let the class sort itself out for awhile.Why penalize any team for improving their performance? I can see if one manufacturer is apparently running away with the field,but this is not the case.The wonderful powers that be in Glendora acted too quickly in penalizing the Buells. Let the teams race without worrying about penalties for improvement.

"BINGO" !!!:D

They should just take the 10lbs back off the Buells and let the class sort itself out for awhile.Why penalize any team for improving their performance? I can see if one manufacturer is apparently running away with the field,but this is not the case.The wonderful powers that be in Glendora acted too quickly in penalizing the Buells. Let the teams race without worrying about penalties for improvement.

Stated perfectly. It'll never happen, though. Why? Because it would make sense.:rolleyes:

As a long time fan of the bikes, NHRA jerrymandering (sp) of the class is so similar to NASCAR bad ole days of the 60's and 70's when the Petty's used the sport as their personal playground, causing pain and financial distress to anyone who tried to compete with them. (read Golenbach's book on Bobbie Allison).

Now we have Vance and Hines/Harley trashing the class with special non-production based bikes that the only Harley part is the sticker on the tank. To make matters worse, they and Suzuki, used their powers as an NHRA sponsor to put a "Petty-esque" kibash on the S&S bikes.

NHRA is going to wake up one morning and discover the entire class is two Harley sponsored prototypes and two Suzuki supported prototypes. Actually, only having to run two rounds in Sunday should speed up the show and allow more time for that Powerade clown to shoot t-shirts and host dance contests.

Mark Watkins

Could you imagin the last 2 races if NHRA had left it alone. Hines and Smith running so close last week and now this week Angel and Smith running so close.
It would have been the close racing that NHRA wants. But no they screwed it up.
And now they look stupid, and you watch, they will not make a move for any reason. uuuugggggg!

Was Angelle serious about some stuff in the engine that was developed with the help of NASA? I caught the tailend of the statement over the PA. Alan was she serious?

I would guess she was joking. A few years back I believe she even put a nasa sticker on either her helmet or bike in response to poeple questioning how they were going so fast.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So is psb going to be the new .90 class super gas, super comp, super street and now super bike???

Take the 10lbs off Matt and let him, Matt and Angelle duke it out. Or if they are concerned about the 2 wheelers increasing speed then add the SAME wieght to all of them

If NHRA doesnt add weight to the her after this weekend or give Matt his 10lbs back (which they will not), then the whole PSB class is a joke.

She was in another zip code this weekend from everyone else. In the 2nd round when she went red she went a 6.92 and if I remember correctly the 2nd fastest bike that round was only a 7.01. She couldve had a .100 light and beat anyone of them.

Does it all matter in the face of a red light?
NHRA would have to admiit making a mistake in order to give the Buells back their weight. Any bets on that happening?

Does it all matter in the face of a red light?
NHRA would have to admiit making a mistake in order to give the Buells back their weight. Any bets on that happening?

Perhaps some NASA technology to keep from red lighting when you have the field covered? - :D Congrats to our friend Craig . . . go get 'em Buddy!

Actually, they got that because they're Push-rod V-Twins running aginst inline DOHC fours.

That was more or less a rhetorical question. The apples and oranges thing still makes no sense to me.

With that logic, if Chevy decides to run their Cobalt Ecotec 4 cylinder in Pro Stock, it gets to be 900 cubic inches.

It's a heads-up class designed to showcase each manufacturer's engineering skills. Heck, the Fords aren't competitive in PS, but I doubt that anyone would lobby for them to run light or run a bigger engine - even when the cylinder count is the same. It would be totally embarrassing for Ford and ought to be the same for H-D.

Yes, I know that PS cars have gone astray from that concept, but it's not as crazy as what's happening with the bikes.

If you can't compete with your peers, then engineer something that will. If you're locked into 1910 technology, expect 1910 results and don't lobby for a rules change to make your weak pup a player with the big dogs.

Harley used a clean sheet of paper and does not have a single production part in their engines. If you get the chance to start from scratch and can't hack it, then maybe you're beating a dead horse (or an obsolete engine combination).

What's next? A 400 cubic inch Briggs & Stratton single cylinder?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back