T/F F/C.....Get rid of throttle stops. Lets see real burnouts. Better than P/S (1 Viewer)

racing has evolved = entertainment level has evolved = spectator attendance has evolved.....they all kinda' go together.

if nhra said 'we have talked to goodyear, they will produce a different compound and 1/8 mile burnouts are now mandatory;
oh, and no more throttle stops'......racers would immediately adapt and throttle/pedal travel would increase allowing for easier
transition into burnout. parts would adapt. immediately.

of course that will not happen. but just sayin'. if the entertainment level were to drive spectators away to a critical financial spot
for the nhra, then i don't think it's out of the question that there could be a day in the future where rules mite change to increase
the entertainment level....don't get me wrong. they're pretty darn entertaining rite now, and the racing is close, but i do believe the sport lost a few paying fans with the advent of cut nitro %'s, shorter burnouts, and no more throttle wacks. they were all part of the experience, and they are all gone rite now......except of course for scott palmer.....god bless you scott :cool:

After about 2 long burnouts it starts getting a little boring to me about like watching an oil down. I'm not into the dry hops either...I didn't like them in the old days and I don't like them now. I was watching some old videos the other day and it brought back the memories of just how much time it took just to make 1 pass. But, I do enjoy a good throttle wack now and then. Produce some good close safe racing and I'm happy... and NHRA has definitely been doing that.

Last edited:
Since many think it was better years ago, how about we bring back TF smoking the tires for the entire run?

If watching a fuel car accelerate from 0 to 330 plus mph in just over 3.5 seconds while shaking the earth and delightfully assaulting all of your senses is not enough to peek you interest, a longer burnout probably will probably not make that much of a difference in how a new or long time fan looks at the sport.

After about 2 long burnouts it starts getting a little boring to me about like watching an oil down. I'm not into the dry hops either...I didn't like them in the old days and I don't like them now. I was watching some old videos the other day and it brought back the memories of just how much time it took just to make 1 pass. But, I do enjoy a good throttle wack now and then. Produce some good close safe racing and I'm happy... and NHRA has definitely been doing that.

This is a VERY good point Eugene. I am also not in favor of doubling or tripling the time it takes to make every run.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back