Brainerd T/F (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Was I the only one who questioned whether or not the last round of T/F should have been run due to the weather. Just before they started their engines I thought I heard someone say something about whether they should run or not. After the burnouts it was mentioned, and you could see it happening, they were wiping the mist off the windshield on one of the cars. Whether it's just a real light mist or pouring down rain it doesn't make any difference whether the cars should be run or not.
With the track being marginal and the decision not to run F/C or P/S I think they were taking a risk running T/F. NHRA?????

the last shower that ended the day literally started as the TF final was over.
the air was thick, but i think the track was ok for that run.

It was Rahn Tobler who said they shouldn't run. Because of the jumbled run schedule due to the numerous delays, Funny Car semis were right before the Top Fuel final, and Rahn said the NAPA car was soaking wet when he went to take the throttle stop off (meaning the dew had already set in).

I'm curious, normally if there's rain issues, they finish eliminations the next day, or the next weekend. Why didn't they do this instead of moving the finals of Pro Stock and FC to Indy? Did the fans get some compensation for not getting the whole show they paid money to see? I'd be kind of pissed if I dropped a couple of hundred bucks to take the family to the races only to see 2 of the 3 pro finals moved to another venue.

If top fuel round one didn't take over an hour to complete due to oil downs, the pros would have finished no problem. That's my issue.

Indy test starts tomorrow, forecast for today was not real good, I don't blame them for pushing to Indy. The TF final was right after the FC semi final and although the flops were soaking wet they ran pretty good, so why not send the diggers.

I'm curious, normally if there's rain issues, they finish eliminations the next day, or the next weekend. Why didn't they do this instead of moving the finals of Pro Stock and FC to Indy? Did the fans get some compensation for not getting the whole show they paid money to see? I'd be kind of pissed if I dropped a couple of hundred bucks to take the family to the races only to see 2 of the 3 pro finals moved to another venue.
No rainchecks after round 1.

Like Tony said, if there is one round of Pros completed, no refunds or rain checks. Also, by the end of the day yesterday, everyone was gone for the most part. It was a crazy long day, very wet and very cold. Ambient air temperature was 55 for round 2 of Pro Stock.

The forecast for Monday was more rain, we got up Monday morning and it rained so hard it was unbelievable, then the sun came out and we left, not sure what the rest of the day was..

I was hoping somebody might have commented on the TF Final.
It was such great TV (Well, I saw it live on my computer) that I DVD'd it to watch again (and again).

....... also got a kick out of Morgan's comment to his dad that didn't make the TV show, ""Sorry Dad, I ruined all your s**t today." Dad didn't seem to mind<G>.

It was a remarkable day.

While it's not a picture from the final, here's Bob Vandergriff from round one, on his way to resetting the track e.t. record. I'll post a link to my gallery of pics within the next 48 hours.

14779615907_b4b6ae5ab7_c.jpg

couple hundred bucks for the family?, how about a couple hundred bucks just for me.....i was $250 for fri-sun admission
w/camping, w/reserved seat.....camping @ BIR is extra of course, and worth it.
(and that's without an $80 pass for an atv/golf cart pass).

couple of things:
- great fun as always, many vantage points to watch the racing with one ticket if you know the property; different hours
of different days other bleacher and standing areas are very much accessible over and above the seat# stamped on your reserved ticket.
- the top end bleachers remain mostly vacant all weekend; i understand they do not want to make them GA as they will turn into
drunk fest (as they were years ago), but i'm surprised they do not offer a greatly reduced price for these seats; watching from the top end
is a thrill and were able to watch there on friday & sat., but on sun. the worker would not let us in....and i get that.
- considering how much the sportsmen racers spend on entrance fees, fuel, food, etc....was very surprised to see that even they had to
spend an additional $35 to upgrade their racer's credentials to access the campground(zoo)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back