Tires for Top Fuel at Famoso? (1 Viewer)

Bob

Nitro Member
After the blistering, chunking and delaminating at CHRR M&H is not selling any tires I understand. Shouldn't GG/VRA make a decision to let them use M/T, Hoosier or Goodyear of a similar size? It seems that several teams used up thier supply last weekend and won't be able to race at the last meet. I have seen teams using Hoosiers at non VRA events. I think if it is a safety issue or a supply problem they should tell the teams as EARLY as possible to find a replacement tire. Even if they were an inch wider, I think it would make T/F more stable and thus safer. Maybe M&H has some from a different batch that are OK. I really don't want to show up at Bakersfield in a few weeks and have all the T/F stay home because they were out of SPEC tires or didn't want to run the SPEC tire. Fuel & Gas Finals without Top Fuel, I don't think so! Thanks, Bob

I hate when they do things like this. They wait till it is too late for an answer to a big problem.
Ya gotta let them have a replacement tire if there are no safe tires available. But it looks as though they are waiting it out even still.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back