Stoopid Question (1 Viewer)

Force_Fan_87

Nitro Member
Hey all,

Really new here. Great to see so many ppl who are into the same thing as I am. However wonderin if ANYONE knows Eric Medlen's middle name? My wife and I just found out we are going to have our first child after a long 3 years of trying. This might just be a great way to remember Eric and to have our baby named after him. Thanx in advance all.

Thats a great tribute Matt....wish I knew the answer. I don't believe he had one, after searching online.

Luckily, there are people more intelligent on the situation up here.

Good Luck!

wish you had put this question up earlier I was at a local rodeo yesterday first one I been to in years, but thats another story, any how I happen to see alot of old friends on in particular that was a mutual friend to both myself and Eric, That I hadnt seen since his funneral, he has know Eric since grade school, and I am sure would have had the answer to your question.

Hello Matt,

I have forwarded you question to John Medlen and here is his answer:

Eric John Medlen is his name and he as well as I would be honored to have someone name a child with any part of his name...and thank everyone for thinking of that.

Hope this helped you out and congratulations DAD!!

Matt- that is such a loving, thoughtful and respectful thing to do.

Your boy will be honored to know the origins of his middle name some day.

-90% Jimmy

PS - congratulations on your new unborn baby! I hope it is a male, just because the female version of john is, uh, ummmm?

Last edited:
Matt- that is such a loving, thoughtful and respectful thing to do.

Your boy will be honored to know the origins of his middle name some day.

-90% Jimmy

PS - congratulations on your new unborn baby! I hope it is a male, just because the female version of john is, uh, ummmm?

that would be Johnette!!!

John would work too, my wife's great grandmother was John Ann.

You never know what those Texas folks will name their kids.

wish you had put this question up earlier I was at a local rodeo yesterday first one I been to in years, but thats another story, any how I happen to see alot of old friends on in particular that was a mutual friend to both myself and Eric, That I hadnt seen since his funneral, he has know Eric since grade school, and I am sure would have had the answer to your question.

Matt, that sounds like a great idea. Congrats to you and your wife.

Rapid

PS, Sean I just was looking at your avatar,,,,don't you feel a little out of place being a funnycar guy with that Pipe Rack for an avatar?? :p It was good seeing you again at the MM. :cool:

Matt, that sounds like a great idea. Congrats to you and your wife.

Rapid

PS, Sean I just was looking at your avatar,,,,don't you feel a little out of place being a funnycar guy with that Pipe Rack for an avatar?? :p It was good seeing you again at the MM. :cool:

hahah well Randy,
I was turning wrenches on that car, I was dragster dude first,I do miss the pressure of an NHRA National event, But I am having way too much FUN with the funny car.
Although I am having trouble working around those damn funny car headers.

Last edited:
Lol, I really dont know why I posted this as "Stoopid Question" guess its something I say. First off I really want to say thanx to all of you for postin with your well wishes! I know a lot of ppl go many years without having kids and trying and it really sux. 3 doesn't seem like much but finally a blessing for us. Second thanks to Gerda, I have no connection with any of the members of the NHRA so no means of talking to any of them, and a special thanks to John Medlen. Your son was a great inspiration to many people including me, and I would be honored and privileged to have my "hope to be son" carry a name after you and Eric. Thanks again to all and I will do my best to keep everyone updated as things move along!

-DOBBINS

"Hoping for a Johnathan Thomas Dobbins"

hahah well Randy,
I was turning wrenches on that car, I was dragster dude first,I do miss the pressure of an NHRA National event, But I am having way too much FUN with the funny car.
Although I am having trouble working around those damn funny car headers.

try goin from FC to TF....you know how much longer of a walk it is to get around the front of the car?!?!?! :p:p:p

It could be Jonda (or (Johnda). Friends of mine, Dad was John..so the baby girl was named Jonda after her daddy.

Well once again a big Thankyou to all for your support and well wishes. Just thought I'd give an update here. Had our first doc's appointment on Monday, things seem real good. We actually got to see our baby's heartbeat for the first on an ultrasound. My wife is really sufferin from nausea but doing well. Go back on May 19th. As a side note though go Jim Cunningham this weekend in Atlanta!!!! Its about time someone decided to at least try and make the Blue Oval big in Pro Stock again even without the backing of the FoMoCo, Good Luck to you buddy, hope you do good!!!!

Thanks to all again

-DOBBINS

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back