Some New Safety Rules for 2010 (1 Viewer)

I'd sign up for that gig! holy hanna!

I do agree that added saftey is always a plus, however i wish they'd leave the driving to the driver. Remember when they had to shift, lean it out, then lock the clutch. Now we can add pull their own chute and shut it down to the list. Ha Ha! (no need to flame, making a joke here)

It ain't the same damn sport anymore, Nate....:mad:

Golf is looking more and more attractive every day....

It ain't the same damn sport anymore, Nate....:mad:

Golf is looking more and more attractive every day....

If NHRA was involved in Golf, just think how they could improve it. Helmets required for all the spectators, because a ball might go into the crowd. Body armour and helmets for all the golfers. Patriot missle system for erant balls so they do not harm the trees. Golf carts with SFI roll cages, and 7 way seat belts.
Mike

Unbelievable. Leave it to the Chronic Complainers on the NitroWhiner to cry about SAFETY improvements. Bet if their butts were in the race car seats instead of behind a key board they would have a differrent outlook. These are the same second-guessers that scream "Why didn't NHRA do something!?" AFTER an accident.

Well Said my friend!:mad:

These are great moves by NHRA. The financial impact on the teams is minimal for the amount of safety gained.

The helmet bladder will be of great benefit whether the helmet has to be removed by an EMT or emergency room personnel.

Most of the equipment for the emergency shutoff system is already on the cars. All they need to add is the receiver. I have seen a need for this for a long time. I can see the next step being a remote switch in the hands of the crew chief, especially on licensing runs and with inexperienced drivers.

The wing loss/parachute release is a $10.00 system that is on most of the cars already. We have ran it for the last 10 years.

Cars in all classes are going quicker every year and the safety equipment and standards need to move with them. There is no reason for anyone to complain about any of these rules.

Dave is a crew member on Jim Head's team and is at most of the events. He will help you with his products at the track whenever it is needed. His prices are very reasonable even if he is the exclusive provider of certain equipment.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about this. :confused: :mad:

Not sure if complaining about safety is the reason, but I can certainly see a Jon Doe racer seeing all these changes this NHRA mandates every year, and just thinking screw it, I'm done! The idea that a car that was safe enough in '09 isn't safe enough in 2010???:rolleyes:

I know my dads been b!tching about having to get a 15 layer suit next year for top sportsman, I still wish they'd make some kind of head restraint mandatory for 7.50 or faster cars because thats the only way your gonna get most of the guys to wear one and can someone explain the helmet bladder concept to me?

I know my dads been b!tching about having to get a 15 layer suit next year for top sportsman, I still wish they'd make some kind of head restraint mandatory for 7.50 or faster cars because thats the only way your gonna get most of the guys to wear one and can someone explain the helmet bladder concept to me?
This was posted above, Ken:

"What happens is in a serious wreck, the safety crew has to remove the helmet, which if fitted properly, does not come off easily causing undue stress on the neck, if the driver has a serious enough neck injury removing the helmet can make it worse, cause the driver to become paralyzed, or worse. The balloon sits in the top of the helmet deflated, and if the driver is in an accident, they safety crew can slowly fill the balloon with air which will remove the helmet with zero stress on the driver's neck."

I'm not a pro racer but i go fast enough to get hurt. For $80, i'll have one of those helmet balloons for 2010.

Frankly, this system was an awsome idea.

Nhra 2011

NOS_RUSSELL_AURORA_PISTOL_GRIP_SLOT.jpg

one step closer.....

:rolleyes:

Re: Nhra 2011

No one is forcing you to race NHRA. Or anyone else for that matter.

These things I know Greg.... Happily enough, I have free will. And had you been in Chat on Monday, you would have known that about me.

You are assuming that I'm down on additional safety. I'm not. What I am concerned with is at what level safety becomes detrimental to the sprit of the sport as a whole.

No one ever said that auto racing was supposed to be safe. When Connie, Snake and Big got into it, it wasn't the main priority. Now the scales are tipping where the premise of what the sport is about is being outweighed by the PC concept that every racer needs to be 100% protected. That is NEVER going to happen- unless... (see above photo).

Are my flights safer because I take off my shoes and I have less than 100ml of shampoo in my carry-on? I wonder, as those rules seem to apply to only this country and the UK- everywhere else am I that much more unsafe? Their planes still seem to be in the air every day with shampoo on board...

Point is, when are the implimentation of more rules going to take away the whole sprit of the sport, which was ALWAYS MAN AND MACHINE working in a violent harmony to produce an exciting outcome?

Re: Nhra 2011

These things I know Greg.... Happily enough, I have free will. And had you been in Chat on Monday, you would have known that about me.
I don't think I would be any more welcome in chat than I am in some of the forums I have been banned from.

Other than unintended consequences, what's the matter with more safety features?

I wish some of this stuff was in place before we lost Darryl Russell, Eric Medlin and Scott Kalitta.

-90% Jimmy

Other than unintended consequences, what's the matter with more safety features?

I wish some of this stuff was in place before we lost Darryl Russell, Eric Medlin and Scott Kalitta.

-90% Jimmy

Because what more do we add when we lose someone else Jimmy?

Great news, we didn't loose a driver this year! Anybody Notice?!?!

Also didn't that Big guy with one foot start the revolution of putting engines behind the driver in top fuel?

Cheers

James

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back