Some New Safety Rules for 2010 (2 Viewers)

Who's going to be the first one to figure out how to spoof the "shut off transmitter" signal?

When will the first driver/team owner run up to the tower and claim they lost/actually lose because the transmitter/receiver box malfunctioned?

And still no 1/4 mile racing...

:mad:

At least the company has a great sense of humor, check out their website..

I wonder if they need help in the accounting department (Mug Shots section)?

Welcome to Electrimotion.com

Unbelievable. Leave it to the Chronic Complainers on the NitroWhiner to cry about SAFETY improvements. Bet if their butts were in the race car seats instead of behind a key board they would have a differrent outlook. These are the same second-guessers that scream "Why didn't NHRA do something!?" AFTER an accident.

At least they haven't made the cars driverless and remote control...yet.

Some competing cars cars are DRIVERLESS now, don't y-all think?

Yrs truly's all for safety, but I nearly E-Mailed Mr Bennet when I saw his headline, saying he should have used DOLLAR SIGNS instead of esses in the headline of the story.

Hope the powers that be aren't trying to out - trick themselves on some of the devices.

NASA,I've been told,accepts a .001 percent failure rate -and they use redundant systems.

Can the motorsports industry match that criteria?.

Last edited:
Now everyone has to buy a new helmet? Someone please explain the balloon in the helmet thing???

This ought to do in a lot of Alky cars who were on the ragged edge financially. Oh, and all the guys who now have to invest in fire pants too. Wonder how much the company who makes all these new systems paid to be the exclusive supplier?????

Food for thought.

Now everyone has to buy a new helmet? Someone please explain the balloon in the helmet thing???

This ought to do in a lot of Alky cars who were on the ragged edge financially. Oh, and all the guys who now have to invest in fire pants too. Wonder how much the company who makes all these new systems paid to be the exclusive supplier?????

Food for thought.

I can completely understand the "balloon in the helmet thing"

What happens is in a serious wreck, the safety crew has to remove the helmet, which if fitted properly, does not come off easily causing undue stress on the neck, if the driver has a serious enough neck injury removing the helmet can make it worse, cause the driver to become paralyzed, or worse. The balloon sits in the top of the helmet deflated, and if the driver is in an accident, they safety crew can slowly fill the balloon with air which will remove the helmet with zero stress on the driver's neck. I would this that this system could easily be retro-fitted into existing helmets.

Taking a second look at some of the rule changes, these could address several issues that were behind the cutback to 1000' racing. This COULD be the way back to 1000', or at least part of the equation.

We can only hope.

My understanding is the balloon bladder is something that mounts inside your helmet (basically an uninflated balloon the safety crew can inflate so the dont have to pull so hard on a possibly injured neck to remove a helmet. They're been using them in motocross for a while. )
Ask any racer how much they'd spend to gain a hundreth---then ask them how much do they spend on keeping themselves safe.....

I can completely understand the "balloon in the helmet thing"

What happens is in a serious wreck, the safety crew has to remove the helmet, which if fitted properly, does not come off easily causing undue stress on the neck, if the driver has a serious enough neck injury removing the helmet can make it worse, cause the driver to become paralyzed, or worse. The balloon sits in the top of the helmet deflated, and if the driver is in an accident, they safety crew can slowly fill the balloon with air which will remove the helmet with zero stress on the driver's neck. I would this that this system could easily be retro-fitted into existing helmets.

Taking a second look at some of the rule changes, these could address several issues that were behind the cutback to 1000' racing. This COULD be the way back to 1000', or at least part of the equation.

We can only hope.

If the wreck is that bad Transport with the helmet in place. The only reason you need to remove it is if the airway is compromised. There are very distinct ways for removal of a helmet without manipulating the cervical spine. If you suspect a cervical injury then the patient/Driver needs a hospital not an EMT or a Paramedic.
As a nationally registered paramedic for 14 years. I transported many a driver with helmet in place and let the ER remove it or even Xray right through it.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about this. :confused: :mad:

I'm not complaining. In fact I support additional Safety. I was just pointing out that the excuse that the helmet "HAS" to be removed is not the reason for the new rules. Thats just an excuse.:)

I wonder if they need help in the accounting department (Mug Shots section)?

Welcome to Electrimotion.com

I'd sign up for that gig! holy hanna!

I do agree that added saftey is always a plus, however i wish they'd leave the driving to the driver. Remember when they had to shift, lean it out, then lock the clutch. Now we can add pull their own chute and shut it down to the list. Ha Ha! (no need to flame, making a joke here)

Seems like a toilet plunger would work just as good!

See my previous post on "powers that be out-teching themselves"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back