New Pro Stock Bike Rules (1 Viewer)

The Hectors will dominate 2013 until H-D figure out the combination.

The 2 valve pushrod combo is not a new deal for V&H. I believe they won a championship with that package. They won't be too far behind for to long.

If I was Byron, I wouldn't put the two valve motors in the current bikes, I would build two new ones.

As for the current cammers, I would put a 150 shot on them and take them to ADRL.

If you want fans to stick around and watch the bikes, go to 600cc, stock bodywork and no wheelie bars. Bring the rider back into the equation, also manufacturers now have a dog in the fight.

The 2 valve pushrod combo is not a new deal for V&H. I believe they won a championship with that package. They won't be too far behind for to long.

If I was Byron, I wouldn't put the two valve motors in the current bikes, I would build two new ones.

Lets not forget that V+H ARE currently running a (already approved) Buell...

If you want fans to stick around and watch the bikes, go to 600cc, stock bodywork and no wheelie bars. Bring the rider back into the equation, also manufacturers now have a dog in the fight.
Those would be mid 9 second bikes. Zero fan interest there.

Nhra needs to come into the 21st century and run pro street as a pro class.

6 second 210 mph no bars, dot tires

I agree that Nitro Twins would be more interesting for fans, as would Top Fuel bike.

When Peter Svensson rolls up for a 5.7 at Tierp or Santa Pod, the stands stay remarkably full ...

Wasn't it Micheal Phillips and Chip Ellis said if they would ever reach the finals against each other, they would pull the wheelie bars off? That would be fun to watch.

The only issue I see here, is NHRA allowing a new 2 valve design or are they requiring them to run the already approved Harley 2 valve? I would hope NHRA isn't allowing them a new design. S&S has tried for years to get updates approved and has always been told no.

The Hector's choked again having the quicker bikes, better put another 10lbs on the HD team because they executed under pressure. :rolleyes:

Chip Ellis

I didn't know this. So, V & H have all the engine combos covered, although for some reason Chip Ellis is not that competitive and their Suzuki engines don't seem to be any longer as well. Last year there were Suzuki's running in the mid-to-high 6.80's and now the best they seem capable of is low to mid 6.90's which is a tenth off the HD's and the Hectors. Why is that? Maybe it was a conspiracy to force NHRA to do something to the HD's since they are far and above 95% of the rest of the class of PSM bikes? Looks like it worked. ;)

I didn't know this. So, V & H have all the engine combos covered, although for some reason Chip Ellis is not that competitive and their Suzuki engines don't seem to be any longer as well. Last year there were Suzuki's running in the mid-to-high 6.80's and now the best they seem capable of is low to mid 6.90's which is a tenth off the HD's and the Hectors. Why is that? Maybe it was a conspiracy to force NHRA to do something to the HD's since they are far and above 95% of the rest of the class of PSM bikes? Looks like it worked. ;)

I'm not sure which Suzuki rider it was last year but he was leasing motors from V & H and made a comment to the effect of the more money you spend (on their motors) the faster you go.

I am so bummed about these new rules, after I had saved up almost enough to get my V Rod PSM.

money1.jpg

Shoot Jay! That almost looks like it would make a decent bed! Just gimme a fuzzy pillow and a green blankie and I'm set!
:D

I would suspect that V&H knew these rules were coming and are already working on the new combo and will be ready to go.

I am looking forward to a class next year that will have parity and real competition

Ok here is one for the conspiracy theroists:
V&H had a heads up on the 2013 rules and "purchased" one of the Buells so they could dissect it and see what GBIII was doing.

:D

I'm not sure which Suzuki rider it was last year but he was leasing motors from V & H and made a comment to the effect of the more money you spend (on their motors) the faster you go.

L.E. & Phillips I think are leasing motors from VHR. Also who are building Karen's motors?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back