New Pro Stock Bike Rules (1 Viewer)

I like PSB. When I hear them during qualifying, it means PS, FC & TF are coming up next. Time to get a seat or spot at the fence.

Some are still posting about NHRA being unfair to implement these changes in the middle of the countdown. Once again, they added 10 pounds to the Harleys effective immediately. THE HARLEY 4 VALVE COMBINATION DOES NOT CHANGE UNTIL 2013.

Hope everyone way up there in the cheap seats heard and understands. And the rule changes aren't going to devastate Harley anyway. Hector Arana figured out how to run 6.80 with a 2 valve V-twin. I'll guarantee you Vance and Hines will figure out how to run equally well with a 2 valve V-twin, and come Gainesville 2013, they'll be as competitive as ever.

The V&H team will be years behind on R&D on the 2 valve combo they used to run compared to the rest of the Buells teams. If any team can overcome this it is the V&H team. The extra 10lbs will slow them down some, but time will tell how much.

You're technically correct, of course. It pales in comparison to the 4-valve rule but yes, it is a minor change and it is during the countdown.

But what is NHRA supposed to do? Everyone screams "change the rules", then when it happens, they scream "unfair, it's during the countdown". And if the Harleys go to Dallas and wind up racing one another in the final, people will be yelling "not enough pounds".

Simple, Tell the others to buy harleys lol. Or better yet give the others a head start. lol:confused:

I don't think there is an issue of knowing what to do. I think the issue is, not wanting to do it.:)

The V&H team will be years behind on R&D on the 2 valve combo they used to run compared to the rest of the Buells teams. If any team can overcome this it is the V&H team. The extra 10lbs will slow them down some, but time will tell how much.

Paul, have other other teams made any significant gains the last few years?? Seems to me the bikes than ran 6.90 (just to pick a number) in good conditions 2 years ago, still run 6.90. JMO. Arana's would be a slight exception.

Last edited:
Sorry Disagree, Just because they are better than the others they should keep changing rules so others can catch. Same situation as resetting points. I like the underdog as much as anyone but if they put in the work and are doing great they deserve to win. Just my opinion :D

It would be one thing if the playing field was level to start with, but since it's clearly not, how hard they work means nothing.

Shouldnt be adding weight either. They already did that once.

Simple, Tell the others to buy harleys lol. Or better yet give the others a head start. lol:confused:

Ummm......... Are you even aware of the situation surrounding this whole ordeal?! WOW!!!! LMAO!!!! :eek:

Sean D

It would be one thing if the playing field was level to start with, but since it's clearly not, how hard they work means nothing.

Ummm......... Are you even aware of the situation surrounding this whole ordeal?! WOW!!!! LMAO!!!! :eek:

Sean D

You have no sense of humor

From George Bryce's facebook page:

The voice of the people have been heard. THANK YOU ALL.
This was a long time coming...LOTS of people helped this happen.

.....To the point of "who cares", I think a lot has to do with those (like me) who has ridden or still rides motorcycles.....I can understand where someone who hasn't ridden and has no interest in bikes in general would not be all that up for the series.....Kind of like the pro stock trucks, I never did have that much interest in them, but I do follow the bikes regulary (sp ??)...............................e

Paul, have other other teams made any significant gains the last few years?? Seems to me the bikes than ran 6.90 (just to pick a number) in good conditions 2 years ago, still run 6.90. JMO. Arana's would be a slight exception.

Good question. Last year at Maple Grove Hector Jr. and Matt Smith had the quickest bikes on the property. Only the V&H team have run that quick since, is this an issue of $$$ or parts?

1) I don't care whose side you're on (HD/Others) but an organization should never, ever change the rules during the playoffs!!! During the off-season or for the next season is great but the 10lb addition after the 1st crapdown race is bull****!!!

2) I'll probably get thrown into the fire but I think the 2013 changes are BS too. The relationship between HD & NHRA may be terrible but you can't tell me that the V&H team hasn't worked their butts off to get to the top. Likewise "The Hectors" have worked their butts off to get to the top also!!!
So hard work is now worthless & all you have to do is whine & cry to get the rules changed?!?!?!
I'd think if people put as much effort into actually working on their own program instead of crying about HD/V&H, maybe they'd be up there with the Aranas!!!

Rant over! Fire away!

Sorry Disagree, Just because they are better than the others they should keep changing rules so others can catch. Same situation as resetting points. I like the underdog as much as anyone but if they put in the work and are doing great they deserve to win. Just my opinion :D

....nuff said, eh

1) I don't care whose side you're on (HD/Others) but an organization should never, ever change the rules during the playoffs!!! During the off-season or for the next season is great but the 10lb addition after the 1st crapdown race is bull****!!!

2) I'll probably get thrown into the fire but I think the 2013 changes are BS too. The relationship between HD & NHRA may be terrible but you can't tell me that the V&H team hasn't worked their butts off to get to the top. Likewise "The Hectors" have worked their butts off to get to the top also!!!
So hard work is now worthless & all you have to do is whine & cry to get the rules changed?!?!?!
I'd think if people put as much effort into actually working on their own program instead of crying about HD/V&H, maybe they'd be up there with the Aranas!!!

Rant over! Fire away!

Obviously you haven't been following the whole story. The problem is V & H have an exclusive deal with Harley, and they're the only team that has access to V-rod, 4 valve overhead cam engines. How is this fair to anyone else? The Hectors are destroying crankshafts in an attempt to match the performance level of the V-rod engine. And as has been shown all season, adding weight to the Harleys hasn't hurt their performance one bit. It's the equivelant of saying only Mopar sponsored fuel cars can run Hemi based engines.

As I asked in another thread, are the specs for the class anywhere close to similar (from what I understand, no, it is not)? Working to achieve parity isnt going to happen if one team has a substancial advantage to start with. The add of the weight is no different than it used to be back in the day of Modified, Stock, SS, etc... Sportman has been contending with this for decades. Hopefully Glendora has gotten this right, but H-D has been beyond awesome this year- they will get the big trophy this year- but will they have earned it through equal engineering producing balanced competition, or will they have gotten it because the parent company stroked a healthy check?

To mean the "stock" in Pro Stock means that the basic configuration is both somewhat mass produced and somewhat available to the racing masses ... Since the Harley's fail the latter test .... to me it undermines all of the work V&H do to stay ahead. We have no barometer to measure them by (unlike say Allen Johnson and Jeg Coughlin ... we know Jeg can get better, but we don't know if and when he will).

It is a recipe for disaster, that has been cooked time and time again this year, and that I'm happy is somewhat being adjusted for 2013.

Obviously you haven't been following the whole story. The problem is V & H have an exclusive deal with Harley, and they're the only team that has access to V-rod, 4 valve overhead cam engines. How is this fair to anyone else? The Hectors are destroying crankshafts in an attempt to match the performance level of the V-rod engine. And as has been shown all season, adding weight to the Harleys hasn't hurt their performance one bit. It's the equivelant of saying only Mopar sponsored fuel cars can run Hemi based engines.

You gotta play the hand your dealt!!! So it's not fair: BFD Life isn't fair!!!
@ least The Hectors are working at it instead of sitting back crying!!!

I hear a lot about the Buells and the Harleys but what about the Suzuki's.....They are way behind already and the new rules dont allow for them to go to a 4 valve head so how are they affected by this? Is their performance going to get closer in line with the Buells and the Harleys?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back