New Pro Stock Bike Rules (1 Viewer)

Glad to see the 4 valve Hardley head is no longer allowed. It never should have been given approval in the first place though! :rolleyes:

While I think the HD have had an unfair advantage, it doesn't seem right to add change the rules during the playoffs on them.

I agree, if they lose the Countdown because their bikes can't run with the Hector's, I think it is BS. If they continue to run with the Hectors then it was a good move as they have extra in the tank like others have said. We will see in Dallas. I thought after the last weight increase they would be a tad off of the top, but they were running right at the top.

I am stunned that they did this, but it may be too late to salvage PSM. The interest in this class has simply vanished.

I agree, if they lose the Countdown because their bikes can't run with the Hector's, I think it is BS. If they continue to run with the Hectors then it was a good move as they have extra in the tank like others have said. We will see in Dallas. I thought after the last weight increase they would be a tad off of the top, but they were running right at the top.

This will not have much if any effect at all.

I am stunned that they did this, but it may be too late to salvage PSM. The interest in this class has simply vanished.

It will come back now, I bet you that. They were 6 months too late tho.

It will come back now, I bet you that. They were 6 months too late tho.
Come back to what? The stands were never full to begin with when the bikes were running, this won't change that.

I respect the hard work, effort, engineering and talent it takes to field and ride a PSM, I just don't find the class very appealing when I'm at the track - and even less so when I have a remote in my hand in front of the TV at home.

I'll likely observe a little to see if the addition of weight has any effect on the Harley's, but aside from pure morbid curiosity, they will not draw me in as a fan with the changes for next year. As I said, I don't hate 'em, they're just not appealing.

Come back to what? The stands were never full to begin with when the bikes were running, this won't change that.

I respect the hard work, effort, engineering and talent it takes to field and ride a PSM, I just don't find the class very appealing when I'm at the track - and even less so when I have a remote in my hand in front of the TV at home.

I'll likely observe a little to see if the addition of weight has any effect on the Harley's, but aside from pure morbid curiosity, they will not draw me in as a fan with the changes for next year. As I said, I don't hate 'em, they're just not appealing.

Ditto !!

I'm a fan, and I think that this change is perfect, it's the right thing to do. I think George Bryce will come back with his own team now and be back at the head of the class. If they approve the Vipers for next year, the class should get really competitive.

The class will gain back some popularity. You are correct, it's never filled the stands and never will, but 2012 has got to be the worst year for the class in a very long time and at least rulebook wise 2013 will be more evenly played. I believe just that alone would bring fans back to the class. Could you blame any fan on Sunday for not getting excited and sticking around for an all harley team matchup? And that was even before eliminations started. Parity was so awful that there was no question of a V & H final

I'm a fan, and I think that this change is perfect, it's the right thing to do. I think George Bryce will come back with his own team now and be back at the head of the class. If they approve the Vipers for next year, the class should get really competitive.

I hope they get approval. Popularity will come back to this class if the NHRA practices parity first and finally turn away from lack of ethics and checks.

I hope they get approval. Popularity will come back to this class if the NHRA practices parity first and finally turn away from lack of ethics and checks.

Please explain when Pro Stock bike was popular, it has about the same following as Pro Stock truck did. As far back as I can remember, Pro Stock bike certainly has a following and very dedicated racers, but it has never been a popular class with a mass appeal.

Add an option for running Pro Stock bike on Nitro and you'll have the solution, not by NHRA Suits repeatedly micro-managing the rules, based upon who is cutting the check on the sponsorship level.

The class will gain back some popularity. You are correct, it's never filled the stands and never will, but 2012 has got to be the worst year for the class in a very long time and at least rulebook wise 2013 will be more evenly played. I believe just that alone would bring fans back to the class. Could you blame any fan on Sunday for not getting excited and sticking around for an all harley team matchup? And that was even before eliminations started. Parity was so awful that there was no question of a V & H final
Good points, one and all.

Some are still posting about NHRA being unfair to implement these changes in the middle of the countdown. Once again, they added 10 pounds to the Harleys effective immediately. THE HARLEY 4 VALVE COMBINATION DOES NOT CHANGE UNTIL 2013.

Hope everyone way up there in the cheap seats heard and understands. And the rule changes aren't going to devastate Harley anyway. Hector Arana figured out how to run 6.80 with a 2 valve V-twin. I'll guarantee you Vance and Hines will figure out how to run equally well with a 2 valve V-twin, and come Gainesville 2013, they'll be as competitive as ever.

Adding lbs right now is a rule change mid season.

Adding lbs right now is a rule change mid season.

You're technically correct, of course. It pales in comparison to the 4-valve rule but yes, it is a minor change and it is during the countdown.

But what is NHRA supposed to do? Everyone screams "change the rules", then when it happens, they scream "unfair, it's during the countdown". And if the Harleys go to Dallas and wind up racing one another in the final, people will be yelling "not enough pounds".

Sorry Disagree, Just because they are better than the others they should keep changing rules so others can catch. Same situation as resetting points. I like the underdog as much as anyone but if they put in the work and are doing great they deserve to win. Just my opinion :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back