New Pro Stock Bike Rules (1 Viewer)

Question for you T/F Bike guys; how many T/F Harleys are there currently running in the US? And how many will cross the pond to run if there is a schedule of 8, 10 or 12 races? My point is will there be enough to make it interesting for the fan base because 6 or 7 isn't enough IMO. Oh, appologies for the derail.

If they run them at opposite races from the PS bikes it could work. Some drivers may do both then.

V&H does not lease engines. We all own them. I run mine the way I get them from them. (I'm just tuning them very well this year from what I have read)

Question for you T/F Bike guys; how many T/F Harleys are there currently running in the US? And how many will cross the pond to run if there is a schedule of 8, 10 or 12 races? My point is will there be enough to make it interesting for the fan base because 6 or 7 isn't enough IMO. Oh, appologies for the derail.

There are probably upwards of 30 T/F Twins in the US check out the AHRDA, CMDRA, AMRA Sites
The fuel twins are scheduled for divisional races.

Last edited:
V&H does not lease engines. We all own them. I run mine the way I get them from them. (I'm just tuning them very well this year from what I have read)

Yes you are Gary, good showing this year. Good to talk to you at indy on the second Saturday after qualifying.

Keep the faith Gary and Karen. My wife and I root for you every race.

Jay, I have to disagree with you. Fans aren't watching the current bikes and the class is running down a cul-de-sac at 200 mph and when they get to the end of the street, it won't be pretty. Big money, big speed, no fan interest. I don't see a winning equation here. Don't forget two of the most popular fan classes at the US Nationals were the SS Hemis and the factory stock guys and they are nowhere near as fast as a funny car or even a pro stocker.

A fan wants to watch bikes they can relate strongly with, maybe even place a friendly wager with the Yamaha guy sitting next to him. Again, Honda-Yamaha-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Triumph surely would be interested in a class that truly promotes- win on Sunday, buy on Monday.

AHDRA, IHRA is all I am aware of and I know of at least 30 from just those 2 and I know there are more out there. Will it be 8 bike fields or 16? If it's 16 I think it's gonna be a good deal. AHDRA may not even be around next year since financially they are not looking good.

A fan wants to watch bikes they can relate strongly with, maybe even place a friendly wager with the Yamaha guy sitting next to him. Again, Honda-Yamaha-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Triumph surely would be interested in a class that truly promotes- win on Sunday, buy on Monday.

Yup....I've said this before...we need to attract all the manufacturers....and Giving Hardly's a 53cube advantage just plain sucks regardless of tghe weight penalties. It's not a blower versus injected weight break....it's a displacement issue...efficiency and weight savings (which the motorcycle market thrives on) are the two biggest factors in designing most all motorcycles. Hardly's are posers....big loud obnoxious steel tattoos to add to the skin tatts and the bleached spiked hair and costumes they call leathers (am I missing anything ?)

I'm with the racer that said same displacement, same weight, best design wins. Right now, it's not attractive to the big bike companies because all that engineering is basically a waste when they can apply so very little to their actual programs in manufacturing street bikes. Their R&D Race money is better spent in Europe and the Superbike/MotoGP circuits

All I know, is if the other factories stepped in, Hardly's would be the stepchildren of the class.

Eddie forgot to sandbag today!

George Bryce:
E Krawiec, Right lane, (0.023) 6.810 197.10 def. C Ellis, (-0.001 foul) 6.922 192.88

Eddie had a "oops" today...1st run on a new engine 2nd round...he let a little of the cat out of the bag...WOW!!!!!

Scotty and John ran great today..we were within .04 of the fast guys today...I am not talking about the Rocket the HD team was running this afternoon...DOOD, just open it up and show us what it will REALLY do..we would love to know ;)
That is at 55 lbs more than Hector...crap...what would it go without all the sand bags?

Eddie forgot to sandbag today!

George Bryce:

Well Hector Jr ran an 6.80 yesterday, looks pretty even right now. I would say the Hector's had the better bikes on Fri and Sat and they came back to the field today. We will see what happens in Reading. Last year Hector Jr and Matt Smith had the best bikes on the property and they weather should be good, so we will see what happens.

Well Hector Jr ran an 6.80 yesterday, looks pretty even right now. I would say the Hector's had the better bikes on Fri and Sat and they came back to the field today. We will see what happens in Reading. Last year Hector Jr and Matt Smith had the best bikes on the property and they weather should be good, so we will see what happens.

But Eddie ran 197 mph (Hector Jr. ran 195 yesterday) with 55 pounds more weight. Tell me they don't have a HUGE HP advantage.

But Eddie ran 197 mph (Hector Jr. ran 195 yesterday) with 55 pounds more weight. Tell me they don't have a HUGE HP advantage.

I agree, they do have a huge HP advantage, but with the extra weight it is close for now. I wonder what next year will bring with the rule change.

Cant the other teams spend more and work harder to race tire to tire with the Harleys? As one that stays in the seats for all of dragracing(not just nitro like most the crowd) it sucks ive watched the Suzki run the class for many MANY years all they've done is make the Harleys adjust everytime they run the class. Im not trying to be right or wrong just wish they make the other catch up not take away from winners. IM wrong most the time anyway so she tells me!

Yeah, I'd say you're wrong. You don't use the sanctioning body to "make someone catch up". What the hell is that? Equalized outcomes? Come on!
I was involved in Pro Stock car from the very beginning. The rules were simple, cubic inch/weight. Because Ronnie Sox was the greatest four speed driver that ever lived, all Mopars were repeatedly penalized with more and more weight per cubic inch over the Chevies. If NHRA were true to form, all Pontiacs would be in the same boat today after Greg Anderson and Jason Line's couple of dominant seasons. Sox didn't win as much as they did, yet no weight penalty happened for them.
No, Harley's have run the NHRA pro stock bike program simply because they throw the money at NHRA.
One weight break for all bikes. If four valve heads are legal, or fuel injection, then it should be legal for everyone.
Let the winner's win. But that's not really what NHRA sells is it? They sell a show, a traveling circus that makes smoke and noise rather than dancing elephants...

Cant the other teams spend more and work harder to race tire to tire with the Harleys? As one that stays in the seats for all of dragracing(not just nitro like most the crowd) it sucks ive watched the Suzki run the class for many MANY years all they've done is make the Harleys adjust everytime they run the class. Im not trying to be right or wrong just wish they make the other catch up not take away from winners. IM wrong most the time anyway so she tells me!
The problem being one team has a distinct powerplant advantage and nobody else can buy one period.
Yeah, I'd say you're wrong. You don't use the sanctioning body to "make someone catch up". What the hell is that? Equalized outcomes? Come on!
I was involved in Pro Stock car from the very beginning. The rules were simple, cubic inch/weight. Because Ronnie Sox was the greatest four speed driver that ever lived, all Mopars were repeatedly penalized with more and more weight per cubic inch over the Chevies. If NHRA were true to form, all Pontiacs would be in the same boat today after Greg Anderson and Jason Line's couple of dominant seasons. Sox didn't win as much as they did, yet no weight penalty happened for them.
No, Harley's have run the NHRA pro stock bike program simply because they throw the money at NHRA.
One weight break for all bikes. If four valve heads are legal, or fuel injection, then it should be legal for everyone.
Let the winner's win. But that's not really what NHRA sells is it? They sell a show, a traveling circus that makes smoke and noise rather than dancing elephants...

Once again the problem is only one team can run the v-rod motor, so nobody else but the one team knows it's true potential. Everyone else has been trying to make due with antiquated engine technology while it appears the Harley/ Vance and Hines team just has to turn up the wick a little to keep the competition in check.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back