NHRA going Green (1 Viewer)

NHRA intends to work with government entities, agencies, and tracks to monitor and enforce the new environmental management program. Penalties, for noncompliance, will be assessed by NHRA, with a minimum $1,000 fine imposed for any violation.

could the article be more vague?
all motorsports must be subject to this?

Last edited:
OK, I logged on and did the training. Based on the intro it seemed to have been pushed more my the state of Florida than anything else.

My wife, who drives our Top Dragster thinks it should have been a crew chief thing because she does absolutely nothing related to this stuff.

Learned a couple of things, and found out I already did most stuff correctly.

Now I'll have to admit that I'm going to have to find out if I use: "Halogenated or Chlorinated Brake Cleaners."

Takes maybe 15 minutes, no test at the end (in our firm there would have been a test!).

Last edited:
I think it was the Phoenix track that got busted last year with big fines for their disposal practices. So I would guess this is a proactive move to keep NHRA out of any trouble.

Now I'll have to admit that I'm going to have to find out if I use: "Halogenated or Chlorinated Brake Cleaners."

I believe all the good "cutters" ARE chlorinated. We go through a lot of Berkebile 2+2 and this contains carbontetrachoride. BUT it works!

The fueler crews use a ton of cleaner and I bet it's chlorinated.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back