NHRA announces two new programs for fans to access race coverage worldwide (1 Viewer)

Crazy isnt it? Thats what I was saying beginning of the week. Its almost like they dont care if it takes off or not.

They are making a soft launch of it, which is a very smart move. It allows those that find it to try it flush out any bugs or issues then in a race or two they can go banzai with promoting it. It's actually not that uncommon of a business move. Hopefully they have a good race with minimal issues that way they can promote it big time in the future. It would look bad to promote it now, only to have it fall flat.
They can test things all they want, but some issues are not found until it hits the actual customers. A soft launch is the way to go.
Fingers crossed for a successful roll out.

Thanks PJ.
IMO, seems an "invitation only" with a small release being made to a limited group of individuals for beta testing (for free) would have been wiser.
At this point a beta would have been done. Even with that, you can only gather so much info though. This would be the next step.
When your favorite chain restaurant releases some brand new menu item, chances are it's already been test marketed at a few locations to make sure it would work as intended.

That is essentially what they are doing on this. Once they are confident that all is good, you will then see promotions for it.

Was working on my computer but won't stream on my phone or tablet. Now I've got color bars and a tone on the computer.

So far - So good on my desktop and laptop - I'm trying to work, so can't tweak or otherwise mess stuff up (like cast to my big screen) . Been waiting for this since Audiocast was introduced.
(Don't miss the downtime - Hope eliminating them will be the next big thing<G>)

FC is up now and it's working great. Not sure who was alcohol dragster was, but they put down an oil slick that looked like the Exxon Valdez. They were down for like 90 minutes cleaning it up.

the only thing i don't like is that they're all over the place on the cameras, first they're on the sunocovision channel, then they're not, then they're focused on other things and missing parts of runs. They need to focus and not be all camera city.

I agree. I want to see the run, not watching Frank Manzo watching the run. However I love it so far. No regrets of ponying up the $99. The video feed is better than I expected.

Greatly exceeded expectations as far as I'm concerned.
Reading the meager promotional material, I thought it might have been as thin as JUST the scoreboard feed. Looks to me like they used a lot of the Fox1 (raw?) feeds. Wonderful day---it has the potential to ruin my weekends<G>!

Pretty impressed!
Will not run on the Safari browser but will run on Chrome on the same computer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back