NHRA Announces Scheduling Change (1 Viewer)

Another good decision. I mean, it never rains out here the first part of February.

Another "atta boy" for Glendora.

Seems like a better flow for the teams to me... (Although Western teams better have their chit together by Pomona, as they wont have that extra week to get ready before the big go east on the front end).

Other than Jim Dunn and Densham, I don't think there are any west coast based teams out here anymore. I thought I was told that ALL of Force's funny cars will be in Indy this winter.

It is a great plan IF it doesn't rain. And that's always a big if.

I don't see any benefit to this change other than teams from back East getting Pomona and Phoenix out of the way on back-to-back weekends and then they have three weeks to get back and geared up for Gainesville. I suppose that is a little help for some teams who have to kill a week prior to the Phoenix race since most teams won't tow all the way back to the midwest or the east and then come back two weeks later. So, yeah, I guess I do see the benefit. ;)

Article mentions Phoenicians can afford two events.
What was the other event happening the same weekend?

What is the contingency plan for rain date at Pomona?

Article mentions Phoenicians can afford two events.
What was the other event happening the same weekend?

I think they assume that folks from Phoenix will go to both Pomona AND Phoenix....

I don't think so :rolleyes:

Usually, Firebird hosts the Az Nats then the following weekend is the Div 7 opener, maybe that's what they mean.

Usually, Firebird hosts the Az Nats then the following weekend is the Div 7 opener, maybe that's what they mean.

And now Pomona a week before- if it was $25-35 a day per race, it would be a possiblility. At $50+, 3 weekends in a row would be pretty much a stretch...

When do we run the Winternationals when it rains out? Didn't they finish this year's event like on Wednesday or something? I can see it now, Phoenix will be the season opener.:rolleyes:

Dave

Good point Paul. Now if it rains bad at Pomona, there's no open weekend right after for the makeup, so teams would have to head to Phoenix and then probably come right back to Pomona the week after Phoenix for the makeup date. Not the end of the world, but wouldn't accomplish anything if it happened.

Having been to both the Winters and the Phoenix event multiple times in my life, the smart $ would be to book Phoenix. I won`t do it though...Fireturd absolutely sucks compared to the `Plex. I`ll take my chances with Pomona.

5bsl5d.jpg
..........................................................................Major golf tournament!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back