Snake in IndyCars (1 Viewer)

Sounds like you may get your wish in 2012....

Ran into snake in the 500 musem about 25 yrs ago, the Tue. after the Indy Nats. I asked him, We're not gonna lose you to the 500 racing are we??
His reply: I'm just checkin out the engine displays.
Snake was kind enough to take a pic with my then young sons, then we went our separate ways.

If he does go 500 racing, I wish him all the best.

Wow; Don should have lunch with Kenny Bernstien some day :D Interesting though; I never knew. But I too wish him luck. Certainly sounds like he's "hangin'" with the right crowd to make something happen.

Went to an Indy car race once. I found it incredibly boring. Left before it was over. I can't imagine someone who has been in nitro racing since he was a kid, even finding it slightly interesting, let alone do it.

Went to an Indy car race once. I found it incredibly boring. Left before it was over. I can't imagine someone who has been in nitro racing since he was a kid, even finding it slightly interesting, let alone do it.

Indy cars at Riverside were fun, motor home was at Turn 6, could watch 'em come up through the "S", short chute to a chicane, to turn onto the back straight...

One the other hand, OMS (clone of Indy) was boring, like watching ants running in a circle, and that was sitting 25 rows up, right at the pit exit...

Oval racing is better on TV, Drag Racing is better in person, road racing was best with Bobby U on the motor home roof, pointing out things...

d'kid

Now you're talking. Indy Cars on road race courses.

Heck, I even like NASCAR at Watkins Glen and the like.

Oddly enough, today's Formula One cars bore me to tears....No Passing? WTF?

Circle track racing? It's an acquired taste I never really acquired.

To each his own.

There's still nothing like Fuelers side-byside!T

Indy cars at Riverside were fun, motor home was at Turn 6, could watch 'em come up through the "S", short chute to a chicane, to turn onto the back straight...

One the other hand, OMS (clone of Indy) was boring, like watching ants running in a circle, and that was sitting 25 rows up, right at the pit exit...

Oval racing is better on TV, Drag Racing is better in person, road racing was best with Bobby U on the motor home roof, pointing out things...

d'kid

To each his own. Many people find drag racing boring as well...especially 320' shorter than it used to be.

Been to 3 Indy/Cart races in Phoenix from '93-95, it was entertaining, but I'll Take Drag racing over it any day!:rolleyes:

Been to 3 Indy/Cart races in Phoenix from '93-95, it was entertaining, but I'll Take Drag racing over it any day!:rolleyes:

On my way to INDY on Wednesday Joe. Missed all of you in Houston this year. Not sure if I'll ever go back to a drag race but anything is possible.

Man I'm sitting here watching qualifying, seems like there are fewer and fewer American drivers every year! I guess the days of Foyt, Unser, Bettenhausen, Mears and Rutherford are long gone!

Man I'm sitting here watching qualifying, seems like there are fewer and fewer American drivers every year! I guess the days of Foyt, Unser, Bettenhausen, Mears and Rutherford are long gone!

And there lies INDYCAR's biggest problem. Only a couple of Americans that actually are competitive..every now and then. If the rain doesn't quit..Danica is done. Looks like I'll be pulling for Ed Carpenter in Sarah Fisher's car.

I went to a handful Champ Car races at PIR in Portland and I thought it was pretty damn cool. Not as cool as drag racing, but a lot better than watching cars go around in a circle.

glad to see snake is up to the challenge; can't imagine the sponsor market
is any healthier over there; IMO very similar series to the nhra....
ticket sales/tv ratings.

I think you're right Mike. That huge pi$$ing match between Tony George and CART some years back sure didn't help things.The general public never was able to figure out what the heck was going on, and eventually just tuned the whole mess out. CART did evenually die a painful death, leaving just the Indycar series, but they've had a devil of a time convincing people to tune back in.

I'll watch Indy. I always do. but it is NO LONGER the "Greatest Spectacle In Motorsports." At least not IMHO.

Indy cars are on their way back though. Their newest ceo has made some serious changes for the better. A new car in 2012 has created alot of buzz and numerous manufactures are interested. Plus alot of young american drivers have gotten rides. IMO the NHRA could learn a thing or two from Randy Bernard and how he's done things so far.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back