Snake and Mongoose Movie Review (1 Viewer)

Haven't seen the movie yet...hopefully it's playing near Pomona next wknd. Is Tim Blake Nelsons character supposed to be ex NHRA announce Frank Furino (sic)?

I'm not sure who that guy was suppose to be. I don't think it's playing in the LA area any more. It was a stroke of luck that it's playing in Las Vegas and I got to see it. Nobody in the theater left until the credits stopped playing.

Saw it twice in Indy, loved it! How they made that film for just $2 Million is amazing in itself! They blended the old footage with the story of the actors very well!

I'm not sure who that guy was suppose to be. I don't think it's playing in the LA area any more. It was a stroke of luck that it's playing in Las Vegas and I got to see it. Nobody in the theater left until the credits stopped playing.

I was wondering who that guy was supposed to be. The character's name was Mike McAllister. I thought he came across as a buffoon. I don't ever remember a reporter on ABC's Wide World of Sports of that name. Rich, what day did you see it? I was there Monday afternoon.

I live in Ohio and the movie isn't showing any place around here. I would love to see it. Hope it comes out on DVD soon.

Haven't seen the movie yet...hopefully it's playing near Pomona next wknd. Is Tim Blake Nelsons character supposed to be ex NHRA announce Frank Furino (sic)?

I Looked both on Fandango, and the "Snake & Mongoo$e" website, and could not find it anywhere in Calif. Snake & Mongoose - In Select Theaters Now

When I saw McEwen at the dentist's office my wife works at a few weeks ago, he had mentioned something about it coming out on DVD I think around February.

I too will be glad when the DVD comes out because it looks like it will never be close to me.

My son and I also saw it in Las Vegas and thought the movie was great. The biggest surprise/disappointment was that there were only eight people at the showing. Admittedly, it was the 5:10 showing on Saturday afternoon so most of the potential audience was probably still at the track after final round qualifying, but still, eight people was disappointing.

-Jeff

My son and I also saw it in Las Vegas and thought the movie was great. The biggest surprise/disappointment was that there were only eight people at the showing. Admittedly, it was the 5:10 showing on Saturday afternoon so most of the potential audience was probably still at the track after final round qualifying, but still, eight people was disappointing.

-Jeff

I enjoyed the movie as well. I went and saw the movie in St Louis during race weekend. I went to the earliest showing on Saturday morning so I could go to the track the rest of the day. There were a grand total of 11 people in the theater. There were 2 male/female couples, 2 male/male bromance couples, 2 single men and then me. All the "couples" were in the age range of 55-65. All of us single spectators were mid 40's. I will most likely buy the DVD when it comes out.

I saw the movie at St. Louis as well, but I went to the late showing on Saturday night. Maybe 10 people in the theater, then again, the featured theater was no where near the track.

Is the movie worth watching, yes. The movie has the look and feel of a Lifetime or Disney movie though. It is a movie you can watch with your family and is a good primer for the history of the sport. However, I expected more. Perhaps it was because I saw "Rush" first, which was sensational in every way.

I went to the 10:00 PM show on Friday night. The reviews on my review are pretty good so if you are wondering about it check out my review at Rich Bailey Capitol Racing Home Page . As for the DVD I was told that the movie might be sold exclusively at Walmart starting in March. If that deal doesn't happen it might be as soon as Christmas.

I watched it last night, It was a new release on my On Demand deal. It was about what I expected it would be. I know they only had a certain budget, and for what they had to work with, it was pretty good I thought. Worth the $3.99 or whatever it was to buy it.

For those with Directv, the movie is available to view on-demand. I will be watching it tonight after I get caught up with True Detective.

I watched it on Charter on demand. Pretty good for the most part. A few gaffs, like when they're starting the funny cars and show the headers on a small block chevy. Or when they show Snake climbing into one car, but the race footage is a totally different car, but he climbs out of the car they showed him climbing into. Stuff the average viewer might not catch.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back