Snake - Mongoose Movie Trailer (1 Viewer)

How will this movie help the NHRA? This is a history lesson.

That's like saying the movie "Rudy" was good for college football.

This movie will cater to existing fans of the sport, not encourage new ones. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

"Rudy" was VERY good for Notre Dame ... merchandising sales went up ... enrollment went up and it positioned their brand so that it is somewhat feasible for them to remain an independent in football and negotiate their own lucrative TV deal, because EVERYONE coast to coast know Notre Dame football ... and "Rudy" had a hand in that.

There is not much point in making this movie for the limited audience fans of Drag Racing could bring. That would be terrible box office to say the least. However, if even 1 out of a thousand who see the movie set foot at a dragstrip, it is nothing but positive. I am not predicting a huge surge in popularity based off this movie alone, but I can hold out hope that there will be tangible benefits for the sport we love.

I attended the NHRA breakfast Wednesday morning at the SEMA show in Vegas. Don and Tom were there discussing the movie and they both seemed to be happy with the results. They admitted that the story had a few artistic licenses but was overall accurate. It's supposed to be released summer 2013.

I'm lookin forward to the movie cause I remember the days. I just hope they don't "hollywood" it up........

That's probably inevitable Zap. I am looking forward to it. I will always remember being 6 years old and going to Minnesota Dragways and seeing those two funny cars on the ramp trucks. It created a monster.

That's probably inevitable Zap. I am looking forward to it. I will always remember being 6 years old and going to Minnesota Dragways and seeing those two funny cars on the ramp trucks. It created a monster.

I can put up with a love story wooven thru it. Just PLEASE no 60 second drags. You know the ones: both drivers sawing the steering wheel, looking over at the other, red car pulls ahead, so blue car shifts, then he pulls ahead, so then red car shifts............you've all seen 'em. :(

you'ld need a 5 mile track, LOL:D

You had me chuckling over that one !!.....The one that always got me was when they would put the gas pedal down a little farther !!!..............

It IS pretty funny how they do a "drag race" in a movie. Even in the Fast & Furious flicks, they were supposedly racing a 1/4 mile, but the way they did it they would need to be at Bonneville! Always another gear, another NOS shot, another inch of pedal...

Just gor around to viewing the trailer....

...it looks REALLY well done. I mean, it looks very well produced.

Now I'm looking forward to it!:)

I hope it gets better distribution than heart like a wheel did. A great movie that never made it to the silver screen. This movie looks great!

Rich, it may not have played in your town 30 years ago, but it was in the theaters. There was no place else for it to go back then, pre-VHS/Beta.

heartlikeawheel_1sh.JPG

Last edited:
it was readily available in VHS but it never was distributed to theaters in the Northwest. I saw it at a film festival in Portland where it was well received.

I saw it here as an entry in the London Film Festival, 1984 I think. Can't recall if it ever made it to UK general release -- probably not -- but BBC TV showed it a couple of times in following years.

Sad to say, I don't believe Snake & Mongoose will make it into UK cinemas, but I'm pretty sure Ron Howard's Niki Lauda/James Hunt movie will.

The first time I seen the movie it was in a movie theater, I'll never forget how expensive the popcorn was!!;)

My first crush was Bonnie Bedelia in that movie. I was 4 or 5 when I saw it and she gave me butterflies.

I saw it in a theater when it was released in '83...

(and I was at OCIR when did some of the filming for it too)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back