Snake and Mongoose Movie (2 Viewers)

Awesome Brian ... give us as many details as you can ... unless they made you sign a NDA.

(pay no mind to the haters)

What does this have to do with the Movie??

This photo was taken late last week on the set of the Snake and Mongoose movie where Pulde (left) brought out Dickie Harrell’s 1972 AHRA Championship-winning Camaro to be used in one of the reenacted sequences at the Wildlife Racing shop from the early 1970’s. That’s Tom “Mongoose” McEwen seated at right. (Darr Hawthorne photo) [05/18/12]

So here's my reply to all this...

SCREW ALL YOU HATERS!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! EAT ME!!!! YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN CRASH ON MY EXCITEMENT???? KEYBOARD CREW CHIEFS STRIKE AGAIN....HAVE FUN SITTING ON YOUR COUCH MONDAY MORNING OR AT YOUR JOB WHILE I AM AT FAMOSO PARTICIPATING IN AN EPIC MOVIE EVENT FOR OUR SPORT...LIKE THE SAYING GOES...HATERS MAKE ME FAMOUS!!!

To everyone else thank you for your support and enthusiasm. I am going to be in the role of either starter, crew member, or racing fan in the pits. Either way I am going to be a part of this historical event. I am only 30 years old so to be a part of the Snake and Mongoose movie is huge. I am too young to remember the good 'ol days. I will keep everyone posted as to what I get to do and see on Monday. Take care everyone and see you at the movies!

SCREW ALL YOU HATERS!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! EAT ME!!!! YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN CRASH ON MY EXCITEMENT???? KEYBOARD CREW CHIEFS STRIKE AGAIN....HAVE FUN SITTING ON YOUR COUCH MONDAY MORNING OR AT YOUR JOB WHILE I AM AT FAMOSO PARTICIPATING IN AN EPIC MOVIE EVENT FOR OUR SPORT...LIKE THE SAYING GOES...HATERS MAKE ME FAMOUS!!!

Excellent!!!

Haters & Trolls!!!

The budget is $2.5 million, the restored ramp trucks, Cuda and Duster are being used. Pretty good script, the guy who plays Snake is an incredible double for a young Don Prudhomme.

There is no budget for CGI, no budget. (It's wicked expensive....I've assisted in few render farm installs, even renting time is big bucks, makes the actual CG art seem cheap)

Unfortunately, the shooting at Famoso changed radically last week. Much of the racing footage will come from the NHRA video & film library, ABC Wide World of Sports, Diamond P shows.

The footage of the Hot Wheel Cars in action would be great DVD extras :)

If we were more like other countries, the film industry would assist film makers such as this group, especially when it's American history...as well a government grant for arts...but that stuff is long gone....if anything, the rights to the story are in the hands of someone involved, which is cool...I wonder if Prudhomme and McEwen retain the rights still?

Hey, RMtn ... stream of consciousness barfings and overuse of ellipses does not a wry pundit make. You're skating on the fine edge of troll-ville and you know it.

Plus you're digging it way too much.

See, the idea here is to try and make friends. Not p*ss on anyone within distance of your flaccidity, and then act surprised when you get a reaction.

Doc

Hey Doc...right back atcha....I use these ellipses as a pause, incorrect as it is, it's the way I have written since I started on the internet, but glad you're the friendly type :) Barfings? Flaccidity? if you're a board owner, kick me out and give me my dollar back, if not, feel free to see my name and not read my postings....I'm sure there's an ignore function somewhere. If you want, feel free to send me a personal message, I might even read it, or be friendly and make personal attacks here...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just thrilled someone is making a movie about our sport. I'm sure we'll all squeal about inaccuracies and such, but even at a lower budget it's bound to be more interesting than 90% of the drivel that comes out of Hollywood. So congrats Brian!

I am only 30 years old so to be a part of the Snake and Mongoose movie is huge. I am too young to remember the good 'ol days.

Now, how many of you other older guys are feeling the need to school Brian on how it REALLY was? :D

Last edited:
Wow what a thread:confused:

Congrats for getting a role, whatever it may be.

If people get all up in arms over someone just getting onto the set, just imagine how bad it will be ripped for even the slightest inaccurate detail.

I can hear it now....that track had 5 lights that year, no it was three, no wait it was a flag man....

I did, alls you see is an add for Maplegrove...

PuldeGoose.jpg

"This photo was taken late last week on the set of the Snake and Mongoose movie where Pulde (left) brought out Dickie Harrell’s 1972 AHRA Championship-winning Camaro to be used in one of the reenacted sequences at the Wildlife Racing shop from the early 1970’s. That’s Tom “Mongoose” McEwen seated at right. (Darr Hawthorne photo)"

PuldeGoose.jpg

"This photo was taken late last week on the set of the Snake and Mongoose movie where Pulde (left) brought out Dickie Harrell’s 1972 AHRA Championship-winning Camaro to be used in one of the reenacted sequences at the Wildlife Racing shop from the early 1970’s. That’s Tom “Mongoose” McEwen seated at right. (Darr Hawthorne photo)"

Thanks Mike, it looks like there's a typo... Dick Harrell "Mr. Chevrolet" was the 1969 AHRA Funny Car World Champion.

Sports movies are always hard to do, I think. It has a limited audience. And yes, the hardcore fans will surely point out the inaccuracies for this movie - but, big deal; they also did it after Brians Song, Any Given Sunday, Days of Thunder, Miracle, Ali.... and probably all the others. It's a great story and I'm certainly looking forward to it

Some minor inaccuracies are to be expected. After all it IS a hollywood movie. My only fear is if they turn a 6 second race into a 40 second ordeal, with shots of the drivers sawing back & forth on the wheel, while looking over at the other driver, and shifting every 15 seconds...

We've all seen the Frankie & Annette Beach Party Drag movies :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back