Snake and Mongoose Movie (1 Viewer)

ch3no282

Nitro Member
Im freaking out a little bit right now! I just got a call from the casting agency and I've been invited to the set on Monday!!! A NITROMATER will be on set of the Snake and Mongoose Movie Monday!!! WOO HOO!!! Im so excited to be a part of this huge event! FAMOSO HERE I COME!!!

Why wouldn't I? To be a part of a feature film telling the story of Drag Racing's greatest rivalry? Snake and 'Goose? Who wouldn't be excited.

I understand it's a low-budget independent project, with what looks like the blessings of both namesakes, so let us know if the Snake let them use the ramp trucks and funny cars, or like the "teasers", it's basically crockett and tubbs in street cars.... still wondering how they'll pull off such a huge undertaking and make it look "period correct"....there's only so much CGI ($$) one can do before you have to actually put some period correct cars in the pits and on the track....my guess is you're in the stands, perhaps around the pits murmuring "peas and carrots, peas and carrots"....and I get enough of that watching typical Americans getting all googly when a tv camera appears and they walk back and forth waving a sign, or surreptitiously selling stocks on their phone behind the interview....fifteen minutes of fame has become more important than space exploration...(sorry, the soapbox is automatic....I need to watch that more carefully)

I am all for drag racing being back on the big screen, but without big studio backing, it's probably a straight to dvd movie...nothing wrong with that, but without the cars, there's no movie...so do let us know...and save freaking out for a speaking role that pays $$.... :) have fun....and bring your SAG card...everyone I know has one...

Man, some of you guys should get a SAG card in harshing other people's bliss.

Seriously. Professional level sniping here. Sheesh.

If you want to rag on something, rag on the NHRA.

So, open fire, gentlemen ... I can take it.

Man, some of you guys should get a SAG card in harshing other people's bliss.

If you want to rag on something, rag on the NHRA.

So, open fire, gentlemen ... I can take it.

X2...Life's too damn short to not do something fun now and again...
Whatever happens there Brian, it should be a cool experience! Have a blast! :D

I was asking a serious question.

Speaking role, stand in, background crowd, cleaning pot-a-potties?

I'm sorry if Brian is an accomplished actor if that is the case. I meant no disrespect, he was just pretty vague in why he was asked to attend.

Amateur...no payment....and I think you're the one that's too sensitive here....honestly, I see a guy who asks "why freak out?" One guy asks "what will you be doing?" and I ask "Tell us if there's any cars there"....it's Southern California, and I promise you, everyone I know has a SAG card...and if you freak out, they'll ask you to leave the set....nothing causes more directors to pull their hair out than extras that can't help themselves and sneak a look into the camera, or worse, stare....so, honestly, I didn't feel the same vibe you did....all my persnickety questions were wanting to know about the level of the production....though I put my mittens on for this post

ps.....anyone annoyed by the peer pressure applied to Mike Dunn for not "twittering", do Like I do, and substitute the word "twitter" for "wear high heels".....the whole qualifying show was everyone repeatedly doggin' Dunn for not wearing high heels....

Last edited:
I understand it's a low-budget independent project, with what looks like the blessings of both namesakes, so let us know if the Snake let them use the ramp trucks and funny cars, or like the "teasers", it's basically crockett and tubbs in street cars....

The budget is $2.5 million, the restored ramp trucks, Cuda and Duster are being used. Pretty good script, the guy who plays Snake is an incredible double for a young Don Prudhomme.

still wondering how they'll pull off such a huge undertaking and make it look "period correct"....there's only so much CGI ($$) one can do before you have to actually put some period correct cars in the pits and on the track....

There is no budget for CGI, no budget.

I am all for drag racing being back on the big screen, but without big studio backing, it's probably a straight to dvd movie...nothing wrong with that, but without the cars, there's no movie...so do let us know...and save freaking out for a speaking role that pays $$.... :) have fun....and bring your SAG card...everyone I know has one...

Unfortunately, the shooting at Famoso changed radically last week. Much of the racing footage will come from the NHRA video & film library, ABC Wide World of Sports, Diamond P shows.

Hey, RMtn ... stream of consciousness barfings and overuse of ellipses does not a wry pundit make. You're skating on the fine edge of troll-ville and you know it.

Plus you're digging it way too much.

See, the idea here is to try and make friends. Not p*ss on anyone within distance of your flaccidity, and then act surprised when you get a reaction.

Doc

The budget is $2.5 million, the restored ramp trucks, Cuda and Duster are being used. Pretty good script, the guy who plays Snake is an incredible double for a young Don Prudhomme.

Just $2.5 Mil? That is scraps when it comes to a movie, and I was under the Impression this was going to be a First rate deal!

Brian congrats, should be a very interesting and fun thing. Please keep us posted as to how it goes. I'm really looking forward to the movie, it's been a long time. Good luck & enjoy. :cool:

Brian: that is fantastic!! Congrats!!! :D :D :D

I've been following the progress of the project and am totally excited!!!

Mike: just saw the other day who is playing Lynn and I believe she's like the two leads; not a rookie and is in a regular TV show.
If ya do fb, check out Snake & Mongoose Movie.

Anyone got a broom to sweep out the trolls that have invaded Mater recently???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back