Silly season in high gear? (1 Viewer)

I heard from two different people that attended the Indy test, that the Brute stickers were off Capps car and were being removed from his trailer.

They have a new brand they are going to run.....

Thats what I was thinking. Probably just taking off the old and putting the new logos on it. IMHO Brut does the best job promoting our sport and Ron than any other company involved. I was sitting in the airport the other day, thumbing thru some magazines as I waited for my plane and in atleast 3 of them I saw a Brut ad with Ron. Its very rare that that happens. You would think companies would spend a little bit better job promoting the teams and such they sponsor. Atleast get a little bang for your buck. I dont know. Maybe I am missing somethere here, but I am a marketing guy and I dont understand it. I mean for crying outloud Poweraide is the Main Sponsor for NHRA and who's on there bottles? Tony Stewart. I understand Nascar's marketing powerhouse but you would think that the $$$ they spend in NHRA they would want to advertise more than just the little they do. Maybe I just dont see it and they do, but I dont think so. And in no means am I bashing Poweraide, I appreciate them stepping in, I guess I am just a little disappointed where the NHRA is right now. I figured with Coke being the title sponsor we would have grown alot more and be more known. Oh well, rant over.

Thats what I was thinking. Probably just taking off the old and putting the new logos on it. IMHO Brut does the best job promoting our sport and Ron than any other company involved. I was sitting in the airport the other day, thumbing thru some magazines as I waited for my plane and in atleast 3 of them I saw a Brut ad with Ron. Its very rare that that happens. You would think companies would spend a little bit better job promoting the teams and such they sponsor.

Look at some of the other sponsors.

Miller????? Haven't seen anyhting in a long time
Bud?????? Haven't seen anyhting since Brandon at least
GM haven't done anything since KJ and the school grand am thing.
Poweraid adressed
Army ????
UPS.........Here's one that has done tons of NASCAR and having a
fuel car I would think it makes for tons of ways to continue what they
have done with that. NOTHING

It is a little dissapointing.

My point exactly Todd. I just dont understand why a company would spend that amount of $$$ to sponsor a car and then not advertise. Maybe if Jim Jannard is on today and reads this he can respond.

My point exactly Todd. I just dont understand why a company would spend that amount of $$$ to sponsor a car and then not advertise. Maybe if Jim Jannard is on today and reads this he can respond.

I've seen a few Oakley comercials in the past with drag racing. But don't seem to recall seeing any new ones.

Jim..........We need your input.

Thanks,

I've seen a few Oakley comercials in the past with drag racing. But don't seem to recall seeing any new ones.

Jim..........We need your input.

Thanks,

Seems JJ's input has really dwindled..................kinda gives the conspiracy theorists some legs:eek:

I believe you have asked and answered your own question.
Mission "O" accomplished.........SIR, YES SIR:D

As the Traffic Mgr, I have to say that UPS is promoting to their main customer base, us guys that ship 10-30 or more packages a day.

I'd give them a 7 outta 10... The first couple of months of the season, I got mailings from UPS at least once a week... :)

I'm not trying to derail this thread here but it has seemed to turn towards sponsorship questions.
I am still, to this day, wondering why Sanford Manufacturing Company is not at least a "Partial-Door" Sponsor, let alone a "Full-Door Sponsor". This Company that was founded in 1857 and it's "Signature Product" has been around since 1964. Their HQ's is based in Chicago (NHRA 2 races). This 42 year old product is used by EVERY NHRA Team owner, EVERY Driver. Even NASCAR not only has a Full Sponsorship for a car with this product but they Sponsor TWO RACES a year. I would say that 95% of the members of this "Forum Board" own at least two and 50% of Americans own at least one.
MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA.....and on and on.....Major and Minor leagues of these sports use them. So why hasn't anyone in NHRA gone after them ??? They were an easy sell to NASCAR ?? They are sold on the NHRA Midway without ANY rival.....?!? ....so where's the car...........
WHERE IS THE "SHARPIE" SPOSORED RIDE !!!
Is it just me...????
Am I missing something.....???

Yeah, Chicago only has 1 race a year now. :D Other than that, I agree 100%.....spread the love a bit.

Ahhhh but ye of little faith.....after the back-lash fall out of low attendance, money loss and terrible track conditions that WILL COME at the Richmond race, Chicago will be added yet again to the schedule as a 2nd race !
I saw where they were spraying Weed Killer between the grooves on the "turn-out" area of the top end as part of track prep.....guess they forgot why the dropped Richmond from the schedule years ago.
Wanna hear someone really "Rip" about the track in Richmond...ask Scott Kalitta.
Where's my Damn "Sharpie" !! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back