Whit Bazemore - possible ride and more in new podcast (1 Viewer)

Thanks John! I would love to see Whit back in a competitive car and talking some smack.

I must be the one fan Whit Is sayin he still has.I have Baze shirts dating back to the Fast Orange/Permatex days!,and I still wear them to the races just to tick people off!

I don't have any Baze shirts, but I for one would love to see him back! (I do still have an unopened Winston/Camel promo VHS tape though!)

Look, I have been a Whit fan, vocally so on this board for many years.
Back then, all I got in response was "Whit hAZEMORE", HE IS NOTHING W/O
Lee Beard, All he does is ***** and Ricky Steward hates him...
da, da ,da.....

Now, he does some pods w/ Kernan {Thanks John} and all we have
are Bazemore nuthuggers.... Where were you when the guy was day trading
stocks and options, being a great Dad and Husband, and doing centuries
on his Onda????

I mean seriously, where were you?

... OK, Its coming back, you were nuthugging every MoFo from JFR....

Ya should be ashamed, and go back to running your Super Comp cars...:mad:

John, I think you're being a bit harsh. I too have been vocal about Whit on this board for all the years I have posted on here. Whit is one of my favorites and always will be regardless of what he does in life. There are several others like us on here, who are big fans of Whit. You don't need to go write EVERYONE off. I do see the point you're trying to make, and yes some people are jumping on the Whit wagon, but that is a good thing imo.

Last edited:
If Bazemore does get the driving deal worked out I hope he still makes time on Wednesdays to talk to John. I've gotten hooked on the WWW podcast. Love him or hate him, WB has interesting perspective, insight, and is -- in my opinion -- very entertaining.

I like Whit. He speaks truth to power, especially about safety.

It was always fun to watch any Whit interview, because you never know what he's going to say.

Anybody that lets Dale Pulde drive his Funny Car and get Whit's first Wally is alright by me.

-90% Jimmy

Don Prudomme
Shirley Muldowney
Don Garlits
Dick lahaie
Gary Beck
Gordy Bonin
Whit Bazemore

All Good Drivers whose time has come and gone. It would be nice to see, but it ain't gonna happen

Move on!

I would love to see Whit back, it would definitely liven things up. He said something just came up, and it fits his criteria, any ideas? I thought maybe he was able to bring some sponsor dollars to the table and took it to Jim Head. Just a wild guess. I just haven't heard of any new big budget teams coming into the fuel ranks, so I'm not sure where he could end up. But, either way I hope it happens.

Bringing Mooneyes back to Jim Dunn Racing with Whit behind the wheel..:D

P.S. This is a silly comment not meant to spoil possible "deal" :eek:

I wouldn't put Whit in the same category as the other retired drivers on your list John. I believe he's a lot younger than the rest, and if he was given a ride or was able to bring what was needed to get one, there's no reason to believe he couldn't have another long, successful run. Now, there is a long list of drivers like Whit who were all parked before their time, primarily due to lack of funding, so he's not alone. Hell, Toliver is older than Whit and I'd love to see him come back as well! Larry Dixon appears to be on that list now as well. There are definitely more capable drivers than there are available rides, but that's always going to be the case.

Whit deserves a championship. Bring him back. I sure ain't heading back to gators to see sheik yerbouti.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back