Silly season in high gear? (1 Viewer)

Baze leaving the Don?

Wow, talk about Silly Season switching into high gear. The rumours are flying now. Hope things work out for Whit if the DRO story is true. :confused:

Need to read Gwynn's book "At Full Throttle" and you will get a glimpse of how the Yankees team really fell apart. The Steinbrenner's blew that deal!
Hank Steinbrenner had his heart in the right spot, but the Boss didn`t feel it was a good return on his investment. I think that most of the Yankee sponsorship $$ came right up front, all at once, but the deal was for X number of years, and that`s why when the Steinbrenner $$ ran out, the Yankee logo remained on the car, even when Cory drove it with Berryman backing. I hated seeing Dunn leaving DGR, I remember being at the final fall Houston race in `00, when the Yankee car made its debut...pretty sure they qualified #1.

Bummer i just switched back to valvoline(5qts-$6.50). I swore them off when they replaced Benson with riggs in nascars youth movement a few years ago(see Benson in truck series now!). Guess it'll be back to papa john juice($2.39@ qt.....i better find work soon).

Gee, is my Papa John nick-name catching on? :D It would be cool to see Whit at the Powers Camp... but whatever, '07 is gonna be AWESOME ( like we can beat 05 and 06)

Hank Steinbrenner had his heart in the right spot, but the Boss didn`t feel it was a good return on his investment. I think that most of the Yankee sponsorship $$ came right up front, all at once, but the deal was for X number of years, and that`s why when the Steinbrenner $$ ran out, the Yankee logo remained on the car, even when Cory drove it with Berryman backing. I hated seeing Dunn leaving DGR, I remember being at the final fall Houston race in `00, when the Yankee car made its debut...pretty sure they qualified #1.
Yeah, also according to Darrel's book, they wanted to start moving crew chiefs and drivers around like they do with their ball players......................................once Dunn was gone, Veney wanted no part of working with a new driver!

And i agree, it would be awesome to see Whit over with the Powers Team.

Welcome back Jim!
Could you please elaborate for those of us that miss nearly everything not clearly spelled out?

Thanks Doc - at this point, all I can tell you is that Whit is rumored to be taking the Matco sponsorship to a professional team that does not currently field a Funny Car. I have no idea when or if this is going to be announced, but this information is from a reliable source.

My wife and I were talking about this the other night. I tell you what. If I
was Matco I'd be more pissed than Whit is. He was the first F/C team there
and DS takes all his crew memebers and alocates them someplace else.
He's the black sheep over there and I would be totally fed up. I'm not a huge Whit fan but I'd love to see him take Matco and go elsewhere also.

GO WHIT!!!!!!!! and take MATCO with you.

Treed 'em on this one!

Well . . . that cat didn't stay in the bag very long! Should be interesting to see who leaves DSR with Whit to go to the (as yet unannounced) new team.
And . . . another possible train wreck at DSR as competing lubricant companies fight for logo positions - ;)
Of course, we also have Fast Jack testing in Whit's car, with rumors flying that he may be bringing sponsorship bucks.
Ya just gotta love Silly Season!

Da Ya think there is any truth that Shawn C. is gonna tune & manage EE's new car to a 2007 championship in PS :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back