Silly season in high gear? (1 Viewer)

Welcome back Jim!
Could you please elaborate for those of us that miss nearly everything not clearly spelled out?

As Mr. Powers stated, Valvoline is leaving in part to dump all their $$money$$ into NASCAR !

actually he also did say that valvoline had been interested in sponsoring them for certain races next season but that such an arraingment would make it difficult for them to secure a full time sponsor so they decided against it

Aren't they also leaving Fletcher?

No mention of Valvoline,but Summit is gone from Fletch's car.They are sending that money to Anderson/Line.Too bad,I think Dan deserves the deal as more sportsman racers buy from Summit than pro's,and Dan does a great job promoting his sponsors.

I missed it, what'd Dunn say?
Just that he was in a similar situation. Someone (Cowin...if memory serves) tested in his car and he eluded it was to get his license. Next thing Dunn knew he was taking over his seat. He stated how it unfolded and it was similar.....and pretty crappy. <I'm paraphrasing here, folks>

Dunn mentioned that he didn't have a deal (with Gwynn) for the next season, then there was talk about a kid (Cowin) possibly bringing some money to the team for the seat, taking some pressure off the team to find funding, and next thing he knew he was out of a ride.

Dunn mentioned that he didn't have a deal (with Gwynn) for the next season, then there was talk about a kid (Cowin) possibly bringing some money to the team for the seat, taking some pressure off the team to find funding, and next thing he knew he was out of a ride.
Need to read Gwynn's book "At Full Throttle" and you will get a glimpse of how the Yankees team really fell apart. The Steinbrenner's blew that deal!

In my opinion, Whit Bazemore is one of the best out there at driving a flopper, but you've got to think that after a while, as a car owner you would finally get your fill of running "Damage Control".........................

I just watched the broadcast of sundays rain out. While watching the interview with Whit,he said that he would be racing next year rather if it's with DSR or not. What I'm wondering is, if not DSR, who? I think hell would freeze over before he went to Force. Whos that leave? Worsham? Snake? The multi car teams don't leave a lot of options open do they? That's assuming he even goes anywhere.

Mike, if my memory serves me well Whit is the contact that brings Matco's money to the table. If that's the case, he could probably survive elsewhere, especially if those funds weren't distributed after administration costs, if you know what I mean? Just a thought?

Well, on second thought Skuzas had the Mopar money in their camp and then . . .

. . . I still wish Whit the best for a non-empire ride next season.

Mike, if my memory serves me well Whit is the contact that brings Matco's money to the table. If that's the case, he could probably survive elsewhere, especially if those funds weren't distributed after administration costs, if you know what I mean? Just a thought?

Maybe Matco got as fed up with all of the bouncing around of crew and such as much as Whit is. Remember that is Matco's car / image... maybe even more than it is Whit's. If Don was messing with my image sponsored team more than his other teams, I might be a little upset too.

Doc, Do I sense that you are not real fond of the mega corporation teams either?

Whit

Welcome back Jim!
Could you please elaborate for those of us that miss nearly everything not clearly spelled out?

Thanks Doc - at this point, all I can tell you is that Whit is rumored to be taking the Matco sponsorship to a professional team that does not currently field a Funny Car. I have no idea when or if this is going to be announced, but this information is from a reliable source.

Awesome news Jim! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this comes to pass! Would be awesome to see his escape with sponsor in tow.

Mike,
The mega-corporation teams, or at least multi-car nitro teams such as JRF, DPR, Worshams or Kalittas are some of my favorites!

In Pro Stock, I love the Johnsons (KJ & WJ) and Morgan's & Gaines.

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's what you don't.

That really sucks if they go that rout. And Mr. Riggs is doing such a fine job for them in NASCAR. Has he gota top 10 yet this season?

And right after they made that cool comercial with all the drag racing in it.

Sorry to see you leave Valvoline if it's true. Looks like its the big
Q for my oil changes now. Dang Not to mention I have to switch beers also.
after Lite is leaving.

Bummer i just switched back to valvoline(5qts-$6.50). I swore them off when they replaced Benson with riggs in nascars youth movement a few years ago(see Benson in truck series now!). Guess it'll be back to papa john juice($2.39@ qt.....i better find work soon).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back