Silly season in high gear? (1 Viewer)

Naaa... ya all got it wrong again...

Ashley Force is taking Whit's ride, JFR and DSR are merging...
Whit getting the second seat at CSK
Phil B. is running the #2 car for the Racebricks operation, Teach just signed a Seven year deal with the Los Angeles County School Distric PTA.
AJ and Zippy are forming a team, with backing from JPMorgan Financial, With Dean S. and Wildthing driving a pair of Nissans.
Mike Dunn will be driving the second KFS Toyota, with Kim Richards doing the tuning.

And what I just heard on the scanner, the control tower over at NRF is trying to give landing instrution to a flock of flying pigs :D

Karl,

You forgot to mention the part about Ken Venny making his return to professional drag racing tuning Jim Epler’s retro RugDoctor funny car!! Rumor has it….. Venny has a new top secret cylinder head and they want to be the first funny car to go 335mph!! :D

Last edited:
First, I don't think Whit is going anywhere unless they can't renew the Matco deal.
My question, Is Jack testing because Don is potentially adding another team under the umbrella. With Force having potentially 4 cars next year it would seem a possibility. It wasn't that long ago Scelzi was testing in Whit's car.

As far as the testing, the F/C guys test each other's cars quite often, say when one of the others has a prior commitment. I believe Ron & Gary have even driven Tony's &/or Melanie's car from time to time............"HIP"

As far as the testing, the F/C guys test each other's cars quite often, say when one of the others has a prior commitment. I believe Ron & Gary have even driven Tony's &/or Melanie's car from time to time............"HIP"

I'm going back further "Hip". You may recall Whit was p.o.'d because Shoe had Scelzi in his car without telling him. Less than a month later Scelzi was in the Oakley car. I'm thinking a similar situation exists now (with Jack), except, this time Whit is aware.

Wonder if the now floating Valvoline "part time" sponsorship might end up in the evil empire?? Have to admit, that would probably make the most sense for all involved...................did I really write that:confused:

Wonder if the now floating Valvoline "part time" sponsorship might end up in the evil empire?? Have to admit, that would probably make the most sense for all involved...................did I really write that:confused:

As Mr. Powers stated, Valvoline is leaving in part to dump all their $$money$$ into NASCAR !

Umm... wow... neither Don or Whit sounded especially positive. Whit's one of the best drivers out there. Losing him would have to hurt, even in an organization as big as DSR. :confused:

Edit: and double wow at Mike Dunn's comments.:confused:

Where's the rumor about Doug Kalitta pulling double duty in Top Fuel an Funny Car after his recent Funny Car victory in the IHRA?

I could be wrong (again) but I would have expected both to have been little more positive about the marriage had there been hope beyond this season. Sounded like a done deal to me. The crying shame will be if Fast Jack drives for Darth Vader at Whit's expense?
Just my opinion, though.

Who we gonna "love to hate" if Whit`s not racing next year??
Maybe Al Hoffman can step back into a ride!

neither Whit nor Don seemed to sure that they were gonna be together next year. It'd be a shame to see them part but hopefully Whit lands on his feat fast, NHRA needs him out there.

As Mr. Powers stated, Valvoline is leaving in part to dump all their $$money$$ into NASCAR !

That really sucks if they go that rout. And Mr. Riggs is doing such a fine job for them in NASCAR. Has he gota top 10 yet this season?

And right after they made that cool comercial with all the drag racing in it.

Sorry to see you leave Valvoline if it's true. Looks like its the big
Q for my oil changes now. Dang Not to mention I have to switch beers also.
after Lite is leaving.

Maybe Whit and Don's inability to commit is based on the Matco deal not being finalized for 2007.

Valvoline is going to put more money in NHRA sportsman racing. Mr Powers decided not to renew because Valvoline was only a part time sponsor.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back