Holy crap - Big Changes at $chumacher Racing (1 Viewer)

Jf wanted a lid on for only one reason... it's PR value and his ability to slant it anyway he wished.

Man this just REALLY sucks for the MTS team!!! I dont understand how you take the "hottest" race car competing and take away it's braintrust to save a team who after this season is not for sure of it's own future!!! My question is why Todd O over Phil? Todd has a VERY WELL oiled machine right now with his tuning ability making adjustments...why "screw" it up?

I will not be surprised if Zip is gone after Sonoma. I would have let him go before the race started and let Ace/Okahara tune the car

This is what I thought should happen back before Sonoma. I think its the best move considering the situation. ;)

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - NEFF "REASSIGNMENT NOT WHAT I WANTED"

I think that is the link you tried to post
Assuming so, I think this is the right decision for Shoe to make. Scelzi is in the count, he is being fair to Neff allowing him to test with JFR and trusting him to keep the brain trust on the team at least until the end of the year.
All in all, I think all parties in this change handled it in a genuine fair and resonable manner. Kudos to everyone involved. (yes, that includes NHRA and scoop for reporting it fairly)

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Torco's CompetitionPlus.com only reported the facts with direct quote attribution from the parties involved and was not part of a rumor parade regarding the Neff to Force incident. What we reported was fact prior to the official press release being offered to the media.

Yes, we post rumors because that is what our readers ask for. But, with that said, when we have enough info to classify as a legit rumor through solid souces, we post it there until we can talk to the parties involved. In that time, we are vague (often leaving out names) until our fact checking is complete. Then it becomes a news item and names are named.

I applaud Rob on his decisions to hold items until the appropriate time but we do that on a regular basis as well. We've even lost on breaking stories (to them and others) just because we follow that principle. That's just doing the right thing and we don't deserve a pat on the back for that.

I'm not saying we've been perfect in the past, but perfection is certainly a goal we strive for and will always do as long as we are in this business.

NHRA.com does a great job of promoting the NHRA. Phil Burgess and Rob Geiger do a good job of making sure the NHRA is promoted but let's call it what it is -- it's the propoganda arm of the NHRA. It's supposed produce the best stories it can to promote NHRA in a positive light all the time.

What it's not supposed to be -- is in competition with it's supporting cast of publications that spend tens of thousands of dollars annually in personnel and travel expenses to cover their races. Sometimes that gets lost in the shuffle.

Bobby Bennett

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - NEFF "REASSIGNMENT NOT WHAT I WANTED"

I think that is the link you tried to post
Assuming so, I think this is the right decision for Shoe to make. Scelzi is in the count, he is being fair to Neff allowing him to test with JFR and trusting him to keep the brain trust on the team at least until the end of the year.
All in all, I think all parties in this change handled it in a genuine fair and resonable manner. Kudos to everyone involved. (yes, that includes NHRA and scoop for reporting it fairly)

Thanks Brian; technology hates me!!!

I thought Mike's comments were very on the mark. I don't like the trend of splitting up a well running team when they're running well. I do however understand!

Echo the kudos to all.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Torco's CompetitionPlus.com only reported the facts with direct quote attribution from the parties involved and was not part of a rumor parade regarding the Neff to Force incident. What we reported was fact prior to the official press release being offered to the media.

Yes, we post rumors because that is what our readers ask for. But, with that said, when we have enough info to classify as a legit rumor through solid souces, we post it there until we can talk to the parties involved. In that time, we are vague (often leaving out names) until our fact checking is complete. Then it becomes a news item and names are named.

I applaud Rob on his decisions to hold items until the appropriate time but we do that on a regular basis as well. We've even lost on breaking stories (to them and others) just because we follow that principle. That's just doing the right thing and we don't deserve a pat on the back for that.

I'm not saying we've been perfect in the past, but perfection is certainly a goal we strive for and will always do as long as we are in this business.

NHRA.com does a great job of promoting the NHRA. Phil Burgess and Rob Geiger do a good job of making sure the NHRA is promoted but let's call it what it is -- it's the propoganda arm of the NHRA. It's supposed produce the best stories it can to promote NHRA in a positive light all the time.

What it's not supposed to be -- is in competition with it's supporting cast of publications that spend tens of thousands of dollars annually in personnel and travel expenses to cover their races. Sometimes that gets lost in the shuffle.

Bobby Bennett

You know, Bobby, it seems like you're always having to defend what you do, and personally, I get tired of it. Your product is as good, and in most cases, much better than anything going. Rumors are rumors and you do a tremendous job of tastefully reporting them.

The bottom line is, you put out an awesome product and you don't need to defend anything. Keep on truckin', brother.

Sean D

Scoop and Bobby, I read most everything you both publish. I find you both invaluable to our sport and I don't give a rat's behind who breaks any story since I prefer to hear "just the facts, ma am." You are both top-shelf in bringing us those facts and I thank you both for it.

Your positions on some matters are clearly different in ways anyone closely involved in our sport can understand. As we consider where your paychecks come from it explains a great deal about your take on a story. Please keep up the great work you do. You're our eyes and ears on the inside of this sport. We can't go where you go and hear what you hear and we thank you for sharing your inside scoop.

Thank you for all you do for us.

I'm happy for Todd O, it's nice to see him getting some of the attention he deserves. In spite of the first round loss in Sonoma the MTS car has been the best car for the last few races. It'd be great for DSR to have Todd crew chief the Oakley car, and Phil Schuler do the MTS car.

Yea...............everyone that has ever spoken "off the record" and then read it on his site with very little attempt to protect the source;)

Yes, I bet there are teams that have a few secrets that you don't know about.

Teri - Trust me . . . if you were betting on that, you would lose! Teams respect and trust Rob. When I was new to the Mater, I posted something really stupid - Scoop very quickly set me straight. I've been a little less stupid since then! - ;)

Teri - Trust me . . . if you were betting on that, you would lose! Teams respect and trust Rob. When I was new to the Mater, I posted something really stupid - Scoop very quickly set me straight. I've been a little less stupid since then! - ;)

I can think of one team that wasn't very happy with him after the 2006 awards banquet.

If you want the truth, go to NHRA.com.

I thinks its good the Nhra waits for official word on things. Look at how often we tease the Agent for his/her constantly errant rumors. As the official news source for the sanctioning body they need to hold to a higher standard then just heerse. Especially when releasing that info could hurt a drivers move or sponsorship dealings. As for the truth...well at least the sanitized, nhra approved version of it. We'll never see a true look at what people think of the countdown or a Jon Asher like poking at improvements needed article. Can't blame them for it, but that is why its good that there is more then one source of news out there.

There is nothing wrong with rumor reporting as long as its not destructive and that there is actual eveidence behind it. Bobby's team seems to do that very well, which is why I am at their site often

I don't blame Don for making the changes he did. He needs to look toward the future of his team(s). THats the one messy part of changes that are announced mid season.

Man this just REALLY sucks for the MTS team!!! I dont understand how you take the "hottest" race car competing and take away it's braintrust to save a team who after this season is not for sure of it's own future!!! My question is why Todd O over Phil? Todd has a VERY WELL oiled machine right now with his tuning ability making adjustments...why "screw" it up?

My sentiments exactly, Tim. Nothing against Scelzi or anyone else involved, but I don't see any way this can be good for Beckman at this time. After all, look what has happened to Melanie since the crew chief musical chairs exercise

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back