Second Vandergriff Team? (1 Viewer)

I have been a fan of Bob's for a few years. Back in '98 or '99, I talked with the girl that helped run his fan club and website. Very cool guy. She was great, and opened my eyes more to Bob.
I hope this comes true. Good luck to Bob, the UPS team and everyone over there.

Is all this activity with Vandergriff and UPS possibly the result of Dale Jarrett's retirement and possibly a movement of a little more money from NASCAR to NHRA by UPS? Just wonderin...

The chief liason marketing guy for UPS was on Wind Tunnel last night. Looks like he's working some magic maybe!?. Concerning NASCAR and Dale Jarrett's UPS deal...and this is just me thinking. I get the feeling after the season is up in the Cup Series. UPS will be looking to move that sponsorship to another CUP team.

The chief liason marketing guy for UPS was on Wind Tunnel last night. Looks like he's working some magic maybe!?. Concerning NASCAR and Dale Jarrett's UPS deal...and this is just me thinking. I get the feeling after the season is up in the Cup Series. UPS will be looking to move that sponsorship to another CUP team.
I saw that, Steve, and I thought it was interesting that he specifically mentioned UPS involvement with NHRA as well as NASCAR

I like the fact that Bob is going to use an A/FD as a development platform. When are the rest of the big TF teams (Powers excluded) going to get the hint and start bringing the new blood up through the natural feeder class?? Even the FC teams would be wise to use the class as proving ground. JFR's involvement in the class withstanding, to my knowledge no Pro team has ever used the alky classes in this way. The Sprint Cup teams own Nationwide operations...and ARCA, Truck, etc. There is no reason the same business model can't be utilized in drag racing.

I like the fact that Bob is going to use an A/FD as a development platform. When are the rest of the big TF teams (Powers excluded) going to get the hint and start bringing the new blood up through the natural feeder class?? Even the FC teams would be wise to use the class as proving ground. JFR's involvement in the class withstanding, to my knowledge no Pro team has ever used the alky classes in this way. The Sprint Cup teams own Nationwide operations...and ARCA, Truck, etc. There is no reason the same business model can't be utilized in drag racing.

Many of today's drivers have gone through the alky ranks. It already is a training grounds. Now I don't know that any pro teams owns an alky team. To be honest why would they need to invest in another car when they can do what they do now and just hire fromt he current crop of drivers.

Here's just a few of the many to go through alky before moving to nitro
Scelzi
Hillary
Brandon
Scott K
Tony Bartone
Schumacher
Ashley
Cory
Bradshaw
Morgan
Tasca
Troxel
TJ

Good thinking, Justin! Someone was paying attention at Houston testing!

No need to go through the littany of drivers that came through the alky ranks (duh). My point goes to economies of scale. Why NOT own the operation? A Pro team would then be able to more effectively share sponsorship revenues amongst the teams, control the training and development of the driver (both in the car and with the media/sponsors/public), as well as use the team for training ground for crew. These and other logistical factors would reduce the cost of operation...probably less than a rent-a-ride program and would yield better results across the board for the team.

The business model is in place and has been proven to work. Drag racing is probably the only mojor motorsport that hasn't caught on. Perhaps Bob V. is about to truly raise the bar in professional team management.

No need to go through the littany of drivers that came through the alky ranks (duh). My point goes to economies of scale. Why NOT own the operation? A Pro team would then be able to more effectively share sponsorship revenues amongst the teams, control the training and development of the driver (both in the car and with the media/sponsors/public), as well as use the team for training ground for crew. These and other logistical factors would reduce the cost of operation...probably less than a rent-a-ride program and would yield better results across the board for the team.

The business model is in place and has been proven to work. Drag racing is probably the only mojor motorsport that hasn't caught on. Perhaps Bob V. is about to truly raise the bar in professional team management.

I totally agree with you. The majority of the drivers listed above were tapped, but not groomed. This does not include the Force Girls or Brandon...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back