Second Vandergriff Team? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Harvick just said he is looking to have a car with Vandergriff and some of his existing sponsors. I think he said he will be in Vegas tomorrow to experience a race. Kevin would join KB, RB, and Joe Gibbs as the only people to own cars in both Nascar and NHRA (this is all I can think of).

Paul Page just said on the broadcast that Bob has a huge announcement tomorrow. This should be good. :D

Pennzoil sponsored, Eddie Hill driving. That's what I told my brother when he called me at work and said Bob's car had "29" decals on it.

Seemed strange to me just now when they interviewed Harvick and he said this is the first drag race he's been to. Don't know if you know this, but Harvick is from BAKERSFIELD, CA! Go figure!

In an interview here, I believe that he said that his dad had been a drag racer, but he had never been interested as a kid.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't believe I heard any "HUGE ANNOUNCMENT". Kevin Harvick and his wife showed up at the Drags and were guests of Bob Vandergriff, so what? From what I got out of this is that Harvick is looking at maybe doing something with Vandergriff. Harvick's trying to put a deal together for a second car if funding can be found. What's the big news with this? Hell, I'm trying to put together a deal for a second car with a Top Fuel team if funding can be found. I know a few people that have been involved with Kevin Harvick and based on what they have told me about him, I'd be very surprised if this deal ever materialized.

Dave

amen to that ! the way they were talking i was expecting a anouncement of a 5 car team with a fortune 500 company backing and what do we get ! a nascar guy is tryin' to put a deal together :confused:

Harvick's father builds late model stock cars that run in the SRL and all kinds of other different series. Mostly on the west coast. He is also a well respected crew chief "for hire".

The last I heard was Kevin and his father (Mike) haven't been on "speaking terms" for years. The above poster who mentioned that its unlikely this will happen is probably right. Who knows? we'll have to stay tuned and see.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't believe I heard any "HUGE ANNOUNCMENT". Kevin Harvick and his wife showed up at the Drags and were guests of Bob Vandergriff, so what? From what I got out of this is that Harvick is looking at maybe doing something with Vandergriff. Harvick's trying to put a deal together for a second car if funding can be found. What's the big news with this? Hell, I'm trying to put together a deal for a second car with a Top Fuel team if funding can be found. I know a few people that have been involved with Kevin Harvick and based on what they have told me about him, I'd be very surprised if this deal ever materialized.

Dave

OK good, I thought I was missing something as I didn't hear any real announcement either. Just sounds like they are talking about putting a second car together. Thats good, but since they don't have anything its not really news yet.

Oh crap; he better not bring Andretti with him :rolleyes:. We don't want no joy riders here - if you're going to come to NHRA Top Fuel, come commited, and be willing to tough it out and stick with it.

Many of today's drivers have gone through the alky ranks. It already is a training grounds. Now I don't know that any pro teams owns an alky team. To be honest why would they need to invest in another car when they can do what they do now and just hire fromt he current crop of drivers.

Here's just a few of the many to go through alky before moving to nitro
Scelzi
Hillary
Brandon
Scott K
Tony Bartone
Schumacher
Ashley
Cory
Bradshaw
Morgan
Tasca
Troxel
TJ

Don't forget Alan and Blaine.

You know; We're coming up upon 2008 High School commencements here in the USA......strange to think that most kids at thier high school graduation parties do get pretty cool gifts from thier parents. Perhaps a big check, maybe a car, maybe a care package for thier college dorm... and to think that all Scott Kalitta got was a brand new blown alcohol dragster! Somehow, I can't seem to picture his Dad and him posing for a picture with Scotty in his L'Anse Cruse cap & gown... knowing that the expectation was for him to qualify at the next NHRA national event!

Kevin Harvick just said he is looking to have a car with Vandergriff and some of his existing sponsors. I think he said he will be in Vegas tomorrow to experience a race. Kevin would join KB, RB, and Joe Gibbs as the only people to own cars in both Nascar and NHRA (this is all I can think of).
Add Raymond Beadle

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back